Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

A couple of weird ones, I do a bit of Air gunning and was experimenting with putting the pellets in backwards and seeing if this would stop over penetration on the Target and if they would expand at all. The pellets are hollow on the back end so the force of the impact should make the soft lead pellet expand. I was using a used plastic 4 pint milk container. The pellets in my short garden will normally pass all the way through , using them backwards at short range stopped this from happening and as you can see did expand the pellet. I only do target shooting apart from the odd Rat but it is always interesting to try new experiments.
As you can see the one on the right has expanded after hitting the water the one on the left is un-fired. They are only 5.5mm wide so please excuse the quality.

PEL1.jpg

PEL2.jpg

Last edited:
Fly-by over the home of the code breakers.
(A bit soft, the light was hazy)

129A2319.jpg129A2327.jpgcropped129A2327.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of weird ones, I do a bit of Air gunning and was experimenting with putting the pellets in backwards and seeing if this would stop over penetration on the Target and if they would expand at all. The pellets are hollow on the back end so the force of the impact should make the soft lead pellet expand. I was using an used plastic 4 pint milk container. The pellets in my short garden will normally pass all the way through , using them backwards at short range stopped this from happening and as you can see did expand the pellet. I only do target shooting but it is always interesting to try new experiments.
As you can see the one on the right has expanded after hitting the water the one on the left is un-fired. They are only 5.5mm wide so please excuse the quality.

View attachment 388658

View attachment 388659
Did using them backwards not affect accuracy?

One of the Honeybees, I would guess but there are a fair few species to choose from!

Did using them backwards not affect accuracy?
Not over the short distance I have available ( 10 to 15 meters max) I did quite a lot of testing but I'm guessing any further and it would have affected them ! I am hitting five pence pieces with just a cheap and old Westlake B2 if you know of them. I have two of these and the other one is a different story completely, you could shoot yourself in the back side with it !

Bluebells in a pot.

AsHzDAl.jpg

Popped over a local lake after work, hoping to see baby Swans but no luck, and then the weather took a very nasty turn and we had a thunder storm.
After leaving the lake area I drove up to a local hill for a shot of the storm blanket sweeping over the town, and one of a favourite tree.002 09 05 23.jpg
005 09 05 23.jpg
007 09 05 23.jpg
009 09 05 23.jpg
010 09 05 23.jpg

Back