Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

From this evening, Kestrel nest still doing well, can't be far off hatching now, male Barn owl in his usual roost and an obliging Skylark

Kes Eggs 11th May '23.jpg

Barnie 900.jpg

Skylark 900.jpg

Popped over a local lake after work, hoping to see baby Swans but no luck, and then the weather took a very nasty turn and we had a thunder storm.
After leaving the lake area I drove up to a local hill for a shot of the storm blanket sweeping over the town, and one of a favourite tree.View attachment 388945
View attachment 388947
View attachment 388948
View attachment 388949
View attachment 388950

A hill in Bedfordshire, unless it's Ampthill! From what I remember hills are as scarce as they are here in Cheshire!!!

Howard

A few shots using my battered old just about scraped through it's 11 plus ( by cheating) Smart phone. I've driven past this location all week thinking it looks nice but as I have to park elsewhere and walk to it I just couldn't be bothered after my 4 am starts, Today I did but was a little disappointed up close.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

A hill in Bedfordshire, unless it's Ampthill! From what I remember hills are as scarce as they are here in Cheshire!!!

Howard
The Chiltern hills run through Bedfordshire

Oops. I stand corrected, but I did say "from what I remember" and my memory is not very good and as you can tell neither is my geography!

So please tell me where it is.

Howard

Howard
There's quite a few, this one was Stagsden Hill, when you cross over to Cambridgeshire you notice it gets very flat.

Oops. I stand corrected, but I did say "from what I remember" and my memory is not very good and as you can tell neither is my geography!

So please tell me where it is.

Howard
Well you certainly wouldn't call Beds a hilly county so your memories are not off the mark Howard.
Stagsden Hill is just off the A422 outside Bromham on the road to Newport Pagnall and Milton Keynes, it's a nice village route to MK.
To one side there is Bedfordshire Golf Club, which has some very hilly holes and is a beast to play in strong winds !

Bonsai Azalea in full bloom ( approx 9x9 inches)

Azalea.jpg

The light was good today, so I went back to the lake to try my hand at video. Also took some photos:-

Lots of activity. The Egyptian Goose chicks were not as shy as usual -
P5139620-1k.jpg

The swans appeared. P5139818-1k.jpg

P5139706-1k.jpg

Today's activities , after going shopping in one direction 10 miles then to the farm supply outlet 15 miles the other way, taking the dogs for a good walk ( incorporating so b&w photography with my Cosmic 35m and Rolli RPX 400) Then a trip over to Highley to get some shots of the Morris Minor gathering. Some time I think what I have done and am amazed.

Animal feed container for the pond 2 1/2 to 3 feet across and about 18 inches deep and we hired some protection from Smoky the Heron slayer !

new pond.jpg

Cygnets. G9.

52900182115_23db033d20_c.jpg

Farm labourer.

Seen at my allotment this morning

Looking at the first picture, I thought i';d better give her an increase to buy new jeans, but she told me they are new, they come like that.

f1.jpgf2.jpg

She has an allotment too, but we help each other, didn't start off being "one each", but she likes to try things different ways :)

I thought i';d better give her an increase to buy new jeans, but she told me they are new, they come like that.
It seems its been fashionable for years, why do people buy ripped jeans?
"in my day" they would have been thrown out months ago.

It seems its been fashionable for years, why do people buy ripped jeans?
"in my day" they would have been thrown out months ago.
They came as part of a "bundle" of new with labels items. She buys a lot and we send boxes full (3 tea chest size boxes at a time) back to the family.
She wouldn't have bought them in a shop :)

Why they like them, I don't know, I would be skaam to wear them in public :)

ER7_6737_1920.jpg

Well yesterday actually, Fanatect GT series Brands Hatch - giving my R7 a workout, subject tracking autofocus is almost like cheating!

A field trench may not be a great thing but I've been told it makes a difference to the farmer with a flood meadow...

Trench By Clyst Bridge G5 P1070098.JPG

Back