Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Weather improving - My wife keeps pushing me out into the garden - not long before I get a "bad back"

another shot with the 1960's Nikkor 55mm f1.2 adapted to use on my D810

TP_Lion.jpg

Playing with my M8 today, I've hardly used it over the past couple of years - I've had it quite a few years but still only just over 9,000 shutter activations

Made me realise, (remember), it's lack of DR compared with my Nikon D850 - if you over expose or under expose, even slightly, (say because of bright sunshine or dark shadows) you cannot recover much in post

The CCD sensor does give good colours though

anyway - a shot of the garden as I'm spending a few hours there each day now the weather is improving

TP_M8_19_Apr_24.jpg

Last edited:
I have worked ou tthat photography is not a hobby, it is an disease/addiction that people suffer from, why else do you get withdrawl symptoms when you can't go out to take pictures lol.
Back in the garden again today, I know it is always in the garden lol, but better that than not taking any pictures. My attempts from today.

0.jpg
P1050514.jpg
P1050533.jpg

I have worked ou tthat photography is not a hobby, it is an disease/addiction that people suffer from, why else do you get withdrawl symptoms when you can't go out to take pictures lol.
Back in the garden again today, I know it is always in the garden lol, but better that than not taking any pictures. My attempts from today.

View attachment 420608
View attachment 420609
View attachment 420610
I suppose in a way it is an addiction, I;m the same when I cant get out for a while shooting. Nice pics.

Some new orchids have sprung up on a communal field in the village. No idea what they are yet (answers on a postcard please). We are off to Spain tomorrow so I had to nip down to take some photos today in case the field is mown when we get back.

DSC_2818.jpg

DSC_2813.jpg

DSC_2814.jpg

DSC_2817.jpg

DSC_2819.jpg

Wyre Forest wanderings with my point and shoot and three wild beasts ! I was wondering if the Bluebells where out as they can be quite spectacular in this area but not quite !

f1.JPG

This is what I saw in the photo above

f2.JPG

Then the fun for this afternoon after a visit to the farm supply shop for Dog food ( One of my dogs is allergic to Red Meat and grain )
Some half wit tyre fitter decided he was going to tighten one of my wheel studs using a JCB for extra pressure !
nd grain )

Some half wit tyre fitter decided he was going to tighten one of my wheel studs using a JCB for extra presure !
nd grain )

Some half wit tyre fitter decided he was going to tighten one of my wheel studs using a JCB for extra presure !

There was actually another spanner and socket that I killed trying to get it off

f7.JPG

This was the method I used in the end, at first it was turning the wheel in gear when it still had the full weight of the car on the floor. I was waiting for the spanner, wheel stud, or both to come off like a bullet but then it suddenly gave way. Even swearing at it didn't move it !

f8.JPG

Last edited:
Just behind the tail rotor, there is a smudge, looks like it could be something on the sensor. Take a picture of plain sky with the aperture stopped down as far as possible to check

There's four that I can see in a diagonal line from top left down to the last one more central and down a bit. They look large but diffused and rather than on the sensor could almost be drops of rain on the front of the lens or at least I've had similar from snow / rain drops on the front of the lens.

I find cleaning sensors annoying but it as to be done and I've always done it myself without issues.

Back