Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Just a few quick shots from my point and shoot on my way home from work.

N2.JPG

N3.JPG

A tempting a film look from a cheap consumer camera IE One of my Cosmics from the Lomo company. This farm has some really nice old buildings and railway carrages for shelters but unfortunately I cannot get anywhere near them :(:(

N4.JPG

Trying a bit more close up work, this has to much magnification I think, taken with 39mm of extension tubes on the G5 with pentax 50mm Full frame manual lens. It is a handheld single shot without flash. The G5 has no stacking capabilities.
PS, image is not cropped, just resized to fit forum rules.

Shield bug.jpg

Max's smile makes me feel I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him! :oops: :$

Well, to us. he is very friendly, walking our dog. - But the other day, he tried to stop a cyclist by holding his calf ...

Max is a working dog, requiring strict handling.

Following on from the late postings hee are mine from yesterday.

The River Charente is longer than the Severn or Thames with around four times the volume. It starts here in Cheronnac

DSC_2702_resize_2.jpg

DSC_2699_resize_81.jpg

Some hope with a mobile phone - Canada Geese in the middle of the field - The dog knows

TP_Some_hope_1.jpg

TP_Some_hope_2.jpg

I went back to my albino early purple orchids this morning as it was overcast rather than the bright sunshine of last time.

Albino Early Purple Orchid Web.jpg

Pedro as he is known to the Grandkids - no idea why - part of our back garden in Hampshire

He needs a "haircut" or a least a trim

Taken with a Nikkor - S Auto 55mm f1.2 Pre Ai lens made in the 1960's, (but adapted so that it can be used on a modern Nikon DSLR)

ISO 100 f8

TP_Pedro_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back