Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

There was a time when Mrs WW wouldn't walk through the cemetery but she now actually likes to.

View attachment 406411

View attachment 406412

This is my third try at getting this shot. The last two were with my phone but I had my camera today.

View attachment 406414

The remembrance service.

View attachment 406415

The walk back towards the cemetery to feed the squirrels and then home, all down hill.

View attachment 406416
Love that second one with the light on the memorial in the distance.

What a day !
Cruising along the A1 Southbound when the traffic slowed very sharply, and I braked hard, but the man in the Audi behind hit my rear. Then the small Vauxhall behind crashed into him, so I was at the front of a 3 car collision. Most importantly we all walked away. It does shake you up though, and when I got back home I went for a walk down the river while I got myself back on track. How different things might have been, lucky to be there to enjoy the river after a close call today.

001 13 11 23.jpg

What a day !
Cruising along the A1 Southbound when the traffic slowed very sharply, and I braked hard, but the man in the Audi behind hit my rear. Then the small Vauxhall behind crashed into him, so I was at the front of a 3 car collision. Most importantly we all walked away. It does shake you up though, and when I got back home I went for a walk down the river while I got myself back on track. How different things might have been, lucky to be there to enjoy the river after a close call today.

Golly. Glad all ok.

My daughter Louisa decided to come to us today

DSCF8006-6MP-bw.jpgDSCF7998-6MP-bwxx.jpg

Last edited:
That's impressive Carpy.

Posted in the bus thread, I put this here too with explanations : I like the lady with wheeled cart at the bottom right coming to the bus, the juxtaposition of the old bus under the new 'Fuel Prices' sign and the way I managed to position myself so the people in the upper deck appear to be lit by a strip light inside the bus but are in fact lit by the two forecourt canopy lights of the petrol station. Dark and dingy and rainy shot with a canon 90mm + 1.4x iii extender that I bought cheap - this is my first outing with it as it came a few moments ago and happily I can't see the damage on any of the photos I took out and about this afternoon.

View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/199211916@N06/53338141238/

The one that got away.
Nothing happening on the inside slack so I cast to the right of the far tree and let the bait run under. The tip dropped back then forward and struck. Defo a Chubb and a good lump too. Lots of reeds and rubbish to battle through before a good swirl near the surface and reached for the net.
Then at the last minute it plunged into the nearside reeds to the left in the picture, and the hooklength broke on something down there as I tried to get it back up.
So close !!

01 17 11 2023.jpg

Back