Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

One of the grand kids with us this weekend

Sony RX 100 V

TP_Lego.jpg

Having viewed my phone shot photos above on my tablet I realise that the portrait format images have been cocked up by the image resizing program. I've taken them off.

And so begins my homeward treat, the road bends to the right, over the hill and snakes between a few villages, under old disused railway bridges and through farm fields. It has very little traffic and I daresay many don't know it exists, so it's safe to "open up" the rental cars and have a bit of a "Top Gear" moment after the usual dreary Monday business drag to the M25 building.
I'm not a dangerous boy racer, but it is nice to find an open road like this and motor along with countryside all around, and this few miles is a cracker.
Home.jpg

Last edited:
I've passed the Steelworks quite a few times and thought that there were some great photo shots around there
You can get a pretty decent sunset from the main beach (about 2 miles long) theres also a beach behind the steelworks called Morfa beach, but I'm not sure if that path is still open, you go past Margam crem entrance and follow the road past british oxygen, then it's on foot over a level crossing and about a mile to the beach.
Also up behind the Margam abbey entrance on the hill is the old abbey ruins, not a bad view from there.

Last edited:
I had to take Mrs badger to Bewdley to get her nails done and thought I'll stick around rather than the 10 miles or so home,back to Bewdley and then home again.

B1.JPG

B2.JPG

Now the following do nothing other than prove the beer is and has always been too strong in Bewdley !

B3.JPG
Signs that show they must be/have been Pished

It says no Parking on the wall but you would only just about fit a Bicycle down there !
B4.JPG

They managed to erect a sign to tell you what the street used to be called but not one that tells you what it is called ?
B5.JPG

They didn't have to be Piished hik hik for this one.
F6.JPG

Today Mrs WW became British! Or actually she became of dual nationality :D Here she is receiving her certificate with the mayor. Later we went for a celebration meal with some friends and Mrs WW was very happy :D

P1004334.jpg

A panorama I did from a car park in town. The shops were shutting and the roads were quiet and in the distance you can see a famous bridge and the industry beyond. I didn't take these pictures to stitch but I just spotted that they might stitch when I got home.

Untitled_Panorama-1.jpg

Last edited:
Today Mrs WW became British! Or actually she became of dual nationality :D Here she is receiving her certificate with the mayor. Later we went for a celebration meal with some friends and Mrs WW was very happy :D

View attachment 420945

A panorama I did from a car park in town. The shops were shutting and the roads were quiet and in the distance you can see a famous bridge and the industry beyond. I didn't take these pictures to stitch but I just spotted that they might stitch when I got home.

View attachment 420943

That's marvellous - many congratulations to you both!

View attachment 420945

View attachment 420943
Congratulations.

And she know knows more about English life, culture, history and customs, and speaks better English than most of the people whose families have lived here for generations :)

Well done!

I bet there have been a few people mugged in the ally on the first shot lol, not going near there when it gets dark.

Back