Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to justify a 20mm lens, but thought I would post one from today taken with my 14-45. Went for a walk around Canterbury while Mrs Allanm got herself a short back and sides at the barbers.

Light was very flat with lots of white cloud, this one was at 35mm
4980683578_618585aa9b_z.jpg

Allan

Looks like its another Walkie when the sky is a better colour !

Still love this pic *** mate.(y)

Very nice pics people ;)

The weather has been rather horrible here lately unfortunately, but I hope that when I'm off to the UK for a little bit in October, I'll be able to take some usable shots.

Very nice pics people ;)

The weather has been rather horrible here lately unfortunately, but I hope that when I'm off to the UK for a little bit in October, I'll be able to take some usable shots.

Finally back using the GF1. Having too much fun with the iPhone.

Taken tonight and then processed on the iPad with FilterStorm. Takes a bit of getting used to but fun.

Love it Robb - like the processing too.

Cheers.
Using fingers on the iPad for applying the adjustments is a bit tricky but filterstorm works brilliantly.
Can see me buying more apps. Damn apple and their products.
Need to meet up again. Want to try the 14-45 and 45-200 ;)

I'm def up for meeting up. You can try the 45-200 but not the 14-45 unless I find it somewhere :(

Need to arrange something with RSMarco too. Are you still working 9-5? I'm quite often free daytimes during the week at the mo.

I'm def up for meeting up. You can try the 45-200 but not the 14-45 unless I find it somewhere :(

Need to arrange something with RSMarco too. Are you still working 9-5? I'm quite often free daytimes during the week at the mo.

The 14-45 that small its gone into hiding.
Still on the 9-5 though hoping to loose a day at some point, but that will split over thursday/friday afternoons. Fatigue is wiping my weekends out.

Saying that, if i have enough holiday i can take an afternoon/day off, probably do me good.

Been looking at the lensbaby, think it may make a good accessory for the GF1

The 14-45 that small its gone into hiding.
Still on the 9-5 though hoping to loose a day at some point, but that will split over thursday/friday afternoons. Fatigue is wiping my weekends out.

Saying that, if i have enough holiday i can take an afternoon/day off, probably do me good.

Been looking at the lensbaby, think it may make a good accessory for the GF1

Oooh where you lot meeting? I'm out of work at the moment so could join if invited???????

On my iMac this looks absolutely pin sharp with great colours!

Here are a few from my new GF1 and 20mm. Not very exciting as i only had the camera about 3 mins after battery charging!!:D

1:

2:

I sent off yesterday for a compatible battery for my GF1 and it arrived today. I have charged it and tested it and it works well.

I bought it off ebay.
It's listed as item no.350363196486 in case the above link isn't working. It was £15.99 including carriage.
The seller was codeyes26
DMW-BLB13 battery to Panasonic DMC-GF1, Updated Chip

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind a meet Grum, more the better..

Looks like Iv finally sold my 10-20mm Sigma lens, can't decide whether to buy a 20mm lens or the 45-200mm lens. I like the option of a bit more length (oo'er missus) but the 20mm seems to be the perfect option for the GF1.

Any thoughts?

Looks like Iv finally sold my 10-20mm Sigma lens, can't decide whether to buy a 20mm lens or the 45-200mm lens. I like the option of a bit more length (oo'er missus) but the 20mm seems to be the perfect option for the GF1.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

IMHO the 20mm is without a doubt the best lens for the m4/3 panasonic - the image quality is amazing and the large aperture produces some great bokeh (y)

If you really need the reach the 45-200 is not very fast and not particularly sharp at more than 100mm - the 14-140mm is a much better lens but is about 3 times the price:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
IMHO the 20mm is without a doubt the best lens for the m4/3 panasonic - the image quality is amazing and the large aperture produces some great bokeh (y)

If you really need the reach the 45-200 is not very fast and not particularly sharp at more than 100mm - the 14-140mm is a much better lens but is about 3 times the price:thumbsdown:

Thanks Alan, so it definitely looks like the 20mm is the way to go :D

Would you suggest selling the 14-45mm and buying the 14-140mm then and it covers the kit lens admirably??

Thanks Alan, so it definitely looks like the 20mm is the way to go :D

Would you suggest selling the 14-45mm and buying the 14-140mm then and it covers the kit lens admirably??

You won't regret the 20mm

I recently purchased a 14-45mm and I haven't used it yet because I like the 20mm so much!

I have found the 14-45 to be very good indeeeeeeed!!!

I did a test between the 14-45 and 20mm both at 20mm f3.5 and I found it difficult to tell the difference between the two!

Don't know how the 14-140 compares?

I have found the 14-45 to be very good indeeeeeeed!!!

I did a test between the 14-45 and 20mm both at 20mm f3.5 and I found it difficult to tell the difference between the two!

Don't know how the 14-140 compares?

I have also been very pleased with my 14-45, and agree with you Andy, it is hard to tell the difference.

Interesting comments... I am not of a mind to sell the 14-45mm as it came with the camera.

I'm just wondering if I bought the 20mm if one or the other would sit and gather dust! :)

Interesting comments... I am not of a mind to sell the 14-45mm as it came with the camera.

I'm just wondering if I bought the 20mm if one or the other would sit and gather dust! :)

Neither of mine gather dust. The 14-45 is a great walkabout so it gets use like that, but I always have the little 20mm in my pocket for those lovely arty f1.7 shots with shallow dof! (y)

It really has gone walk abouts mate:shrug:

Do you think you might have changed lenses when you were out and perhaps left it on the "wall" ?

Agree with this. Now if only i could find the *&^%^&* 14-45! :bang:

What is it with this mate. You sure you have one..?
:D

Is there such a place? :thinking: There's this thread here which has some very knowledgeable people on it :)

I did notice that original post and did think it was a bit odd. A little like saying I must start my healthy diet, now where is the nearest patisserie. ;)

graham, I thought that lens would have turned up by now. :(

Couple from the lakes. Some with the 20mm and some with the Olympus 9-18!

20100918-P1000179.jpg

20100918-P1000184.jpg

20100918-P1000228-Edit.jpg

20100918-P1000187-Edit.jpg

Sky was crap all day :( Nice day out though :) The Olympus looks like it has potential. Should be able to get some good results in better light! EXIF should be in tact for all of the above.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Love 1 & 3 Rich, but not the out of focus willy in no.4! :LOL:

I think this shot is screaming for a mono conversion. Since your profile is 'no edits', I'll leave that up to you.

I really like this; the moody sky, nice background and interesting foreground.

Sky was crap all day :(

From what I can see above, I would disagree. Flat, featureless grey or blue skies are what I would consider crap. What you captured was cloud which cast distinguishable shadows across the hills and conveyed the mood of the weather. In my book, (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back