Pictures from my Exhibition

Bruja

Los Cojones del Perro
Name
Just call me Mad Madam Mim
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for all the support everyone. Here aa fewpictures fromthe opening night at the exhibition. About 50 people attended :D

4478682024_9605fe7705_o.jpg

4478056033_623f2f9afc_o.jpg

4478055895_85b7751cff_o.jpg

Hi Jill

That looks like a good opening - people are interested, animated, discussing the photographs and clearly enjoying themselves.

From what I can see of the exhibits - they look colourful, beautiful and very 'Bruja'. :clap::clap::clap:

Best wishes - and I hope you're feeling better. :)

Jean

Thanks Jean. It was a great night with lots of lovely things said about my pictures. When the expo's finished I'll post the pics as a set on my flickr :)

As for feeling better, poco a poco as they say here :D

Good Turn out from looking at those pic's well done you

Thanks so much ;)

Congratulations, i'd love to be in that situation someday. Going green here :LOL:

Hope you enjoyed it, looks like everyone else did. :clap:

Thanks Jean. It was a great night with lots of lovely things said about my pictures. When the expo's finished I'll post the pics as a set on my flickr :)

As for feeling better, poco a poco as they say here :D

I know you've been planning this for ages and put a lot of work into it, so I'm gald your talent was recognised. I'll look forward to seeing the set later. (y)

Poco a poco is better than nothing. I hope things continue to improve. :)

Jean

Congratulations, i'd love to be in that situation someday. Going green here :LOL:

Hope you enjoyed it, looks like everyone else did. :clap:

I don't consider myself particularly talented Rich, just lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Some friends of mine offered me an exhibition at their bar/restaurant Dec 2008 which proved to be popular so I made a book with Blurb. That gave me the confidence to approach the museum last spring to find out how to make a proposal for an exhibition there. I finally got the go ahead in November last year and I guess the next thing I need to do is ask them if there are any other similar places they have contacts with if I want to go further.

So it began with a great slice of luck :D

Have faith in your photography, show it to people to get their reactions, don't keep it hidden on the computer :nono:

And it's amazing how professional stuff looks in a book :D

The first one I made was a small 6x8 softback of photographs I took when I stayed with my friend just outside of Paris. She's on a contract out there and I wanted to make a memento for her to remind her of her time there. That got great feedback and gave me more confidence too.

I urge anyone to try it. We have a saying in the NE 'shy bairns get nowt', and it's true :LOL:

Back