Pictures you nearly got, but it didnt come out?

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
We have all done it, gone for a shot that just didnt work, my biggest minger was reently at Groombridge, the american eagle flying with its wings out, coming toward me, i was tracking it but hadnt got the camera in AI mode, so the camera decided to refocus on the guy behid the bird, perfectly focussed mans head, and totally out of focus eagle :crying:

I haven't got time to write the whole story of my life here Matty! :shock:

Any of the first 30 or so F1 pictures I attempted with Matt's Sigma 800mm lens while standing on tip toes and resting the large end on a fence :LOL:

Its not the kit, its the photographer <-- that should be my new motto. :D

Steve said:
Any of the first 30 or so F1 pictures I attempted with Matt's Sigma 800mm lens while standing on tip toes and resting the large end on a fence :LOL:

Its not the kit, its the photographer <-- that should be my new motto. :D

hmm, just like my............its not the camera that takes a good pic.............lol

MP

Funny you should mention eagles.

http://dazzajl.fotopic.net/p16858331.html

This is a shot I would have loved to have bagged as I don't generally get to see many eagles in day to day life. :LOL:

It was always going to be a non starter, far away, from a moving boat in a less than calm sea and on a very very dull day. If I was thinking at all clearly I probably wouldn't have bothered but hope springs eternal and all that.

Who wouldn't have gone for that shot anyway? :LOL:

CT said:
Who wouldn't have gone for that shot anyway? :LOL:

Mr Spock :wink:

PMSL... " Illogical"

Tthe answer was better than the question

Fair efort. I've been trying lightning shots this last week, and got loads of cloud flashes, but only had one decent clear cloud to cloud strike - what was my camera doing? Yep, taking fecking ages saving a 8 second shot where nothing happened!

Hmmmm, the best one I lost was a full set.

I was in the inner Hebrides with the OM1 and I went to a bay facing west to shoot the sunset on the most glorious of evenings.

Picture it if you will - flat calm, the sun just starting to light up the evening sky in a plethora of colours as it kisses the horizon and then one by one a pod of porpoise start breaking the surface feeding on the summer mackerel and paying with each other coming clear out of the mirror like water of the bay.

With great care I started framing up and taking each shot, as time went on it was with some regret I noted my frame count was climbing, - 20 - 30 then sadly I came to 36, but wait, oh sweet joy 37 frames - a big grin was on my face, 38 frames - I wanted to weep with joy, 39 frames - my eyebrow went up, 40 frames and I wanted to weep.

The moral?

Put the film in the f'n camera, dont leave it on the car seat. [smilie=s:

IanC_UK said:
I dont know whether to laugh my socks off or cry for you feeson ! lol

Well, she who was with me that evening needed to change her .... shall we say trousers? she laughed so hard [smilie=a:

I've had many a missed shot, where I've attempted it, looked at my camera and said to myself "Yup, didn't think I'd get it"

Once you resign yourself to expecting not to get the shot you hoped for, then it becomes bearable. Not only that, but on the rare occasion the shot turns out as I had hoped, then it is double the happiness! :D

Back