Pirelli Calendars

The thing is, I'm not bothered by those images or adverts but to be PC we should be bothered by similar images of women.

Ah well, such is life.

That's because we know now that women are just the same* as men. ;)

*Minor correction - I've just come across mention of a study looking at brain structure in greater detail than previously possible, and on much larger numbers of men and women. A long held tenet was that although male brains were a little larger, they were otherwise identical to female brains, however this study generated data that suggests that although extremely similar - exactly as one would expect - there are significant differences too. What's this got to do with hiding girlie bits from the public while exposing hunky chests? Possibly quite a lot.

Last edited:
That's because we know now that women are just the same* as men. ;)

*Minor correction - I've just come across mention of a study looking at brain structure in greater detail than previously possible, and on much larger numbers of men and women. A long held tenet was that although male brains were a little larger, they were otherwise identical to female brains, however this study generated data that suggests that although extremely similar - exactly as one would expect - there are significant differences too. What's this got to do with hiding girlie bits from the public while exposing hunky chests? Possibly quite a lot.
View: https://youtu.be/3XjUFYxSxDk

tl:dr - 13 min long.

Ah, don't worry - comedian. I know this theory too. ;)

"I'm not a catholic, but I went to catholic school - I had a nun who taught on hell like she was born and raised there"

Last edited:
And there's the rub: women are more than just girlie bits.

And there's the rub: women are more than just girlie bits.

But it is the outside bits we can see and which do the initial damage.

The war between the sexes will never be resolved, there is far too much fraternisation with the enemy.

And long may that fraternisation (or sorrornisation?) continue!

Aldi's TV ad showed a muscular guy, naked apart from a pair of "tight" briefs.
It doesn't bother me in the slightest, the same way I wouldn't be bothered if a woman in underwear was the subject of the ad.
If someone can make a voluntary living, earning good money by using their body/looks then good luck to them.
If I had model looks and a hunky body I would flaunt it for all to see and laugh all the way to the bank.
Beautiful things should be appreciated whether body, landscape or engineered.

The Pirelli Calendar is still being shot though? Unless I hallucinated Albert Watson doing this year's one...

Back