weekly pjm1's TP52 in 2016 - week 31 Fauna

Oh very nice Paul ... the kids playing in a very unusual setting, but of course we are drawn towards the light on their faces. nice work.

Love the two Venice shots, a beautiful city and you've caught so much architectural detail.

... and the hairs on the horses nose. :clap:

Nice to see you back and slowly catching up, the Venice shots are dfinately the pick of the bunch, very good indeed

Hi Paul ....I seem to have missed loads ....wonderful light on your Venice shots, it looks like an amazing place to visit. Love the one of your two children with the iPad .....lighting perfect again. As Bernd says it's a shame the eye isn't a bit it more visible on the horse but I like the DOF.

Hi Paul.
Life - Nowt wrong with shoe horned holiday shots. Good colour range with nothing blown and some nice blues captured there.
Hidden - Great use of ipad lighting there. Something I'll have to try at some point. Love the look of concentration.
Lone - I agree, you did get some great light there, the first shot could be a postcard or biscuit box. The action you caught of the motorboat really adds to it too. The second has great light too, but somehow feels more cluttered.
Fauna - I agree with Chris, the shallow DoF works well, the head jumps out of the shot and is really crisp. Which sigma is it?

Thanks everyone so much - really struggling to keep up even with this one thread owing to work :(

Glad the Venice shots and kids playing in the garden have worked... the horsey shot is bit of a placeholder but I'm not going to get round to doing anything better any time soon given how far I now am behind!

Tim, the Sigma is a belter - not exactly my best value purchase but it's probably my new favourite lens :) Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art. Awesome bit of kit! Just need to get out and take some more pictures with it...

Back