Pocket Sized Wedding Pose book

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
I received an email (see below) regarding a new pocket sized Wedding pose book thats being released in April... it costs a £10 and sounds like a bargain to me so I've reserved my copy

Just though you guys might be interested???

I have bought mine, and had the discounts through along with a personal email.

Quote:
Do you sometimes get stuck for ideas on how to pose the bride and groom at weddings or do not always seem to achieve images with finesse and elegance?

If so, we are publishing a book in April called “Wedding Photography – A Guide to Posing” and are accepting pre-orders for the book now. By pre-ordering you will receive a set of discount vouchers to use from some of the leading suppliers to wedding photographers. This includes an 18x12” box canvas for just £30 ex P&P. Full details of all the discounts are available on the website at www.oliver-cameron.com

]This pocket sized book (7x5”) is packed full of images and information including:-

300+ images from some of the best weddingphotographers in the World.
200 pages.
How to pose traditionally.
How to pose the bride and groom in a contemporary fashion.
Posing couples of different heights.
Posing larger people in a flattering way.
Successful posing of couples in churches (great when it is raining!)
Posing groups so that they sell.
Off camera lighting including the use of flash and video light.
How to use the environment you are in to enhance your images.
Posing in low light and using it to your advantage.
What to avoid in posing.
Photoshop techniques that everyone can use.
And lots more…

I'm not linked with the book in any way, other than I liked what I saw, and then asked the mods here if i could post about it, and also let David Pearce from oliver cameron publishing know that i was posting on here.

David is a well known photographer on a few forums, but don't think he is on here, yet.

Hi Allan

Thank you very much for this - I was not aware of this forum until you told me about it. It certainly looks like a nice and busy one!

Allan has provided some great details about the book but a few more that you might be interested in are:-

1. I am not writing it but someone who knows about posing very well is. Details to follow...

2. We will cover relaxing the bride and groom to ensure you get the best out of them.

3. As well as all the amazing photographs in stunning locations there will be many of normal brides in normal locations (like in front of a wall or hedge) as we all get those situations and it can be hard to be creative.

4. Before and after images and step by step guides.

I am really excited about the book and if you pre-order for just £10 the P&P is included and you get a whole bunch of vouchers to use with some of the leading suppliers to the industry in the UK. Have a look at www.oliver-cameron.com for details. It is being published in April and you can also pre-order from anywhere in the world with shipping included for £12 or US$18.95. We have kept the pricing like a conventional book and not a vastly inflated price so everyone can afford one and increase the level of their work.

I decided to publish the book as I could not find one myself that taught me what I wanted to know or that I could carry around with me.

Any questions then please ask away!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Allan, - will order mine today

Alladin

Publication is scheduled for April and they will be sent out then. Pricing at the moment includes shipping and you get a set of discount vouchers to use (UK only). It is a ot of hard work but the book is going to be fantastic. We are not only using images of beautiful people but also specially shot images of normal people in normal locations to replicate the situations that most of us find ourselves in.

www.oliver-cameron.com

We are not only using images of beautiful people but also specially shot images of normal people in normal locations to replicate the situations that most of us find ourselves in.

Best not let the bride catch you turning the page away from the beautiful people section :nuts:

The titles not "Wedding Photography for Dummies" is it...... better not let
the clients see that :bonk: :LOL:

It might help your sales if you show a few example pages.

Very cheap.... I still have the original Bill Stockwell Wedding Photography Book from about 1977 I think I paid about £55 for that and quite a lot to attend the seminar. Paid for itself over and over though.

shimbo

Shimbo - there are mock page examples on the website :) We might do a few "real" pages nearer release but as the book is only £10 we don't want to give too much away!

One thing I would like to say in response to Rob's comment :- "It'll be interesting to see how many of the 'normal' brides choses the poses shown by the beautiful models" is that this should not happen. As professional and paid photographers (even amateur doing it for free) we should determine what poses to use. This should be based on the personalities and body types of the couple. It is really important to remember that not every pose works with every couple. We have to choose what will work best with whom. For example, you may have a very shy bride that is very introverted and conservative. In this case very elegant poses would work better than fashion ones. If you showed her the book she would probably choose these anyway.

It is also worth remembering (and we go into detail about this) is that the pose is just one element of the image. You also have to consider the light, environment, architecture and composition among others to get an amazing posed image. You may pose the couple very well in terms of body positions but if the other elements are not right then it is a wasted opportunity. Sometimes just moving a few feet can make all the difference.

There will be no section for just "Beautiful People" :) Our job is to make our brides look amazing and beautiful whatever their appearance. We have to enhance what they naturally have. We can do this by posing correctly in a flattering manner and how we chose to light them.

A number of the shots are actually of everyday normal people that we have shot specifically for the book. This is very true for the basics of posing section. There is little point in showing a bride in a wedding dress as you can't see how their legs and hips are positioned very well. So we have done it without the dress (clothed though!) to show you.

Nick - You should have had the vouchers by now. It was a typo on the website and has now been amended.

Thanks for the orders everyone - they are really appreciated as is your support.

P.S. Rob - I wanted to PM you but could not see how to do that. Can you send me an email?

Last edited:
also ordered mine yesterday, think i'll get the vouchers or missed out?

Hi Alex

We email the vouchers out within 48 hours (2 business days). I will be doing it today though so should be with you layer on.

Ive just ordered a copy, Handy thing to have :)

ah great stuff, recieved today, was just pondering because i'd missed the deadline :) thanks again

just ordered mine,looks like it will come in very handy.cheers allan(y)

Also ordered mine. Thanks to op.

just ordered mine,looks like it will come in very handy.cheers allan(y)

Yep same as above

Ps thanks for the heads up ed34

md

Ordered :) Purely for the info, no chance of me ever being a wedding tog :)

Ordered :) Purely for the info, no chance of me ever being a wedding tog :)

This is really good as even if you never shoot a wedding the principles apply to portraits as well - just swap the dress and give yourself more time :)

It will also help you when looking at anyones work to personally and privately critique it (as we all should do all the time with others and our work as we need to notice lots of little things).

Thanks for ordering!

This is really good as even if you never shoot a wedding the principles apply to portraits as well - just swap the dress and give yourself more time :)

It will also help you when looking at anyones work to personally and privately critique it (as we all should do all the time with others and our work as we need to notice lots of little things).

Thanks for ordering!

No worries - that was my thinking about it, if I take any photos of friends, why not add some knowledge to it to make it the best / most flattering shot possible! Makes sense to me :) (y)

Ordered my copy for reference :LOL:

Need all the help I can buy :D

Ordered, but im guessing that as i've seen this thread so late, i wont be entitled to the vouchers?

Any idea of the expected despatch date for this ??

Last edited:
Back