Post a related film photo

Oh come on! Have I killed it? It's not like you can actually smell my cheesy feet...

Spooky..... :eek::D

'Beach boys'

Misfocused Rollei 35B Sensia 100 - sometime in 2011

8279651788_01c54a5a5d_b.jpg

This is a real oldie, and dates from the desperately cold winter of 1981/82. Fuji slide film from either the Konica FC-1 or maybe the last days of my Praktica PLC2 The ice on the loch was so thick that a local eejit actually drove a Mini on it!

frozen.jpg

Ahh, the 'forgotten' winter, the one no-one seems to mention when making TV programmes about cold winters, despite it setting the all time lowest temperature for England at -26.1°C in Newport, Shropshire! If I remember right the winter of 1980/81 was pretty cold too, as well as 1978 when it was quite a snowy winter and the neighbours' kids and I built an igloo, complete with ice 'glazed' window (made by leaving a couple of inches of water in a plastic bucket outside overnight). Snow makes smashing putty, until the thaw sets in! Happy days.

Last edited:
Gable end wall, just about still standing. This ruin is in the far NW of Scotland and the chimney was framed to include the iconic hills of Canisp and Suilven on either side of it. One of the few photos I really liked from the "Texas Leica" as the Fuji GSW 6x9 is sometimes called, but another camera I preferred playing wiht more than actually taking photos. I'm thinking round about the Millenium, but I do have a note that this was Acros in D76 with a yellow filter.

ruin_0409_3.jpg

The last remaining cooling tower of Northampton's power station just before the demolition boys pressed the plunger in 1979. Unidentified film but was probably taken on a Zenith E.

Northampton
by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Back