Post a related film photo

Same fancy building in the background, the Guildhall. That's Kevin taking the cheesy shot, using an OM10 with manual adaptor and cable release, he hasn't been shown how to use a tripod properly yet. I'm using a Yashica FXD, some kind of lens and some Fujicolor I think.

Scan-090901-0170.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not just going to play this game on my own, but also found this. Same venue, Northampton Guildhall, other posher entrance, but the link is photographers in leather coats with bald patches!

A3 sheet_6.jpg

1969 at my sister's first wedding, that's my glamorous Aunt Jeanne, an American Actress married to my WW2 Spitfire pilot uncle! Link being the tripod-less camera in the background, which I didn't notice before today...

CB69B07 Pats wedding Jeanne.jpg

Werra 1, FP4

Wedding. My aunt and uncles wedding in Rowley West Midlands.1970's (guess) I don't know a lot about this side of my family as My mother had some sort of faling out which I never found the reason for. Found on an old slide and scanned with the a super naff scanner.

WED.JPG

Last edited:
Nutters with a gun from the 1600's ,nutter with a gun 2017 ish ( me) and Batman keeping us all safe ! Please note the genuine Civil war campervan in the back ground. Kodak Colourplus 200 Jenaflex AH1 or Praktica B. I had to set up the camera then got Mrs Badger to stand on the same spot and take the shot. I think this was the first time I ever took the SLR's inherited from my dad out.
GUN.JPG

Last edited:
Modern day archery (well, relatively...)

CL71A07 Archery.jpg

Archery in the Adelaide Hills, 1971. This was a group of friends and colleagues from work, mainly ex-pats like me but some dinkie-die Aussies as well. Taken on a 6*9 folder I bought in Adelaide, long since given away, on an unknown film. I presume that, if I could find the envelope, I'd be able to identify the film from some edge markings, but when I got this scanned, I didn't know about that sort of thing!

Just about as old as war coverage photography got... the American Civil War:

American Civil War by J White, on Flickr

A typical posed group photo; recreated in May 2017 using a Kodak Box Brownie No 2, Model F, made in Canada around 1924 and Fuji Neopan Acros 100 roll film. Taken at the Marbury Merry Days event in South Cheshire (with thanks to the UK American Civil War Society members for their co-operation and agreement to make this photograph possible).

Last edited:
Tent ! Taken Just as I started having a play with my dads collection of film cameras a test of the Timer on one of the Praktica B's ,Shame two of us weren't looking at the camera. Kodak Colourplus 200 Shell Island North Wales.

64570002_36872216786_o.jpg

h'mm I've got a cat shot:-
FrLedE8.jpg

A rescue shot from one of the films that Jessop messed up. OM2 or Canon Z135 @ Portsoy Traditional Boat Festival in June. Fuji Superia 400.

2019-06-28-0043-copy-tp.jpg

Last edited:
A somewhat larger boat in the Exe Estuary in the late 1990s: Nikon F / 200mm Nikkor / Kodachrome...

Small ship in Exe Estuary IMG0003.jpg

Very little lines - I have used this before elsewhere on TP Forums

npllines

by dmbloor, on Flickr

Back in the 1980s I spent a lot of time looking down microscopes and setting them up on an almost daily basis to count asbestos fibres. One check done every time the microscope was adjusted was to look at a test slide made by the National Physical Laboratory and designed by the HSE. There were 6 groups of lines (20 per group) made as a resin replica of a master glass plate with lines ranging from 1.1 microns (a micron being 1/1000 of a mm) down to 0.25 microns. Only the best microscopes properly adjusted and using phase contrast could see these lines down to the fifth group, sometimes you could just get a hint of group six. This is a photomicrograph of the first group taken using an Olympus microscope and my Pentax KX on Kodak Colour Plus 100. I do have a print that you can just make out group 5 but never managed to scan that well enough.

Thought I would try and get this running again ( the Digital one I started is still running well)

Someone no longer with us

tim.jpg

Back