Post pictures of your cool/old/retro cameras!

Still got this of course....

2639090672_8279848d94_o.jpg

just love the lens cap :)

OK here are a couple of mine.

A Zeiss Ikon Nettar 518/16 a really nice clean example of an inexpensive medium format camera. This one is from 1949.

Nettar.png

A Zeiss Ikon Contina-matic II, a beautifully easy to use 35mm camera with all the functions you need to just pick up and go and have fun. This one is from 1959.

Contina.png

Not really old enough for this thread methinks, but who cares, I've just got a new lens for it, and want to post a shot!

Not really old enough for this thread methinks, but who cares, I've just got a new lens for it, and want to post a shot!

How are you finding it. Tried calibrating the eye control?

My "new" 1954 Ilford Advocate :)

3856858679_557a49d6ee.jpg

That camera is the most ugly thing I have seen here and should be done away with ............ heres the address to send it for disposal, or do you still have it remember its scunthorpe N Lincs:LOL::LOL::LOL:

:cautious: get it sent quickly to avoid embarrasment(y)

That camera is the most ugly thing I have seen here and should be done away with ............ heres the address to send it for disposal, or do you still have it remember its scunthorpe N Lincs:LOL::LOL::LOL:

:cautious: get it sent quickly to avoid embarrasment(y)

Will you be wanting the repulsive leather case and the disgusting original purchase receipt (£21 in 1954, which works out about the same as a D700 today :eek:) too ? :naughty:

How are you finding it. Tried calibrating the eye control?

Absoloutely brilliant - handles like a dream, feels solid enough to knock walls down with, and yes - i've even got the eye control calibrated and working. Only problem is it handles so well - to get a digital camera that feels as good, it's probably going to cost me an upgrade to a 50D at the minimum :LOL:

That camera is the most ugly thing I have seen here

As soon as I saw it, I thought it was beautiful. I want one!

EDIT: I get it. You were employing sarcasm!

(The fact that it has a 35mm lens makes me want one even more).

Steve.

Last edited:
I've managed to get a roll of Kodak in it but I'm still not sure I understand how it works properly :p

It's simple but unusual. Set the ISO and shutter speed then you turn the little lever around the lens until the meter centres. This sets the correct aperture assuming the meter is still accurate.

It's probably easier to just use the sunny 16 rule with it though. This is what I do.

Set it to 1/125 (or is it 1/100) with ISO 100 film and use f16 for a bright day, f11 bright but cloudy, f8 if dull, etc. Then remember to set the focus too!

Steve.

What utter rot... :D ... I've put my D200 up already... :cool:

And anyway the OP asks for "pictures of your cool / old / retro cameras" ... ;)

So we have three categories to choose from not just "old" ones... :LOL:

Not sure which of the three yours fits into though... :naughty:

It's not bad for one of those, whatever it is, though... ;)

:p

Now look what you've made me do. Thanks to this thread, I seem to be on the lookout for any "interesting" looking old camera whenever I'm at a boot fair.

I got this one for £2 a few days ago and thought it has some interest.

classiccamera.jpg

As far as I know, it seems to work and it takes 35mm films, so, theoretically, I should still be able to use it!

there is some impressive retro cameras, i have this my dad handed it down for me to sell but i fancy running a film through it see what its like.

3729812629_03dfe10396.jpg

and a little closer, i have no idea what the blue cast was, Unless it was my monitor screen as these were taken on my office desk.

3729815571_f76b165ecb.jpg

I have a shutter release cable (manual push type) and flash guns.

Oh yeah, my first ever SLR, bought with my dear Dad from Joe Patience in Southend,
taught me a lot as did my now departed Dad.

Brings back memories that.

this is my old Zenit ET i was using before going digital :)

click for bigger picture

and this one is to show what lens i have with Zenit

click for bigger picture

Last edited:
My nan popped this, along with another tele lens and flash, in to me today...didn't know she still had it.

3889461893_d5b7bc3086_o.jpg

No manual mode though....

Some other of my new old camera's.....No large format YET....

3891285314_cf7db5d179_o.jpg

3891285444_414a63f6ed_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, only just stumbled across this forum today and joined! I have to go to work soon, which is rubbish, but I couldn't resist posting here first. I've got some cool little vintage cameras that maybe you guys could help me identify. Will upload pictures very soon!

My £25 bargain!! All in perfect condition.

got my old cameras out the other day as somebody on another forum wanted to see them.

some lovely pieces in this thread guys (y)

first up my old Agfa Super Silette (could do with a good clean)

cams004.jpg

plus my old folder
Zeis Ikon Super Ikonta B 532/16

cams007.jpg

Well - I reckon that his covers the old and cool requirements...

Voigtländer Perkeo I

and not quite so old, and more cold war than cool...

Fed 3b

Here's my effort...

Holga 120 CFN camera, takes 120 film and has a flash with built-in coloured gels!

Boots 'beirette' 35mm camera, found in a charity shop complete in box with instructions and a quality control stamp from Germany in 1970.

Very old Kodak Brownie 127 film camera, currently has a roll of 35mm cludged into it. I'm hoping for some interesting wide/panorama-style photos that go over the sprocket holes in the film :cool:

Kodak Retina 11a.

4442243439_1509ce3412_o.jpg

The build quality of this little camera is just superb.

2x Olympus OM10 "The Twins" - Sigma 28-70mm, Miranda 70-200mm. Unfortunately, the OM10 on the left doesn't work but it's still nice to look at.

4451523078_7f4f951730.jpg

Nikon F65

4451525004_ff8d659351.jpg

Two Bronica 120 backs, and speed grip (leftover from my Dad's wedding photography days!) - Just bought an ETRS body and 50mm 2.8 lens arriving this week and can't wait to use it.

4451527116_4f2ba8396d.jpg

Correct image sizes now. :)

Last edited:
My father had several cameras through his life including Kodak box camera's and bellow's cameras, plus a Roliflex twin lens at one time. The last camera he had is this one, an Exacta IIb, bought around 1960 maybe a little earlier. I had used his earlier cameras but probably used this one the most. He only did photography as a hobby but got a lot of enjoyment from it, and started my interest from a very early age. He had a dark room and did all his own black and white developing and printing, but I no longer have all that kit. Sadly this camera and all the kit were in a house fire in 1996, they weren’t burnt but were smoke and water damaged, enough to stop the camera from functioning. I would like to get the camera repaired but fear the cost would be more than the worth of the camera, but then it has sentimental value to me too, so maybe one day......

4462979116_0b2905cae7_o.jpg

4462203369_7aba080d68_o.jpg

The extra lenses are Prinz, Dixons own brand, the Sixtry light meter if viewed close here is showing a reading from the room lighting. The rangefinder is by Watameter. I have a receipt for the leather case on the light meter, it was bought from Camera House, in Corporation Street, Birmingham, at a cost of 11/6 Eleven shillings and six pence, or 57.5 pence in today’s currency.

Back