Post pictures of your cool/old/retro cameras!

dunno, isn't it the window where you slip in the cardboard end of a film box so you don't forget what you loaded the damn thing with...

Exactly.

If you don't have one, or are running several film cameras (so liable to forget), it's a good idea to weigh the camera as accurately as possible with and without film loaded, taking note of what's fitted to the camera, so you can decide whether or not it's safe to open the back.

So many film cameras yet I hardly see some of you in the film section

Buy a cheap roll of film and lets see something :D

3248639562_1eee861da3.jpg

My little collection I was thinking of giving away the minolta but when I got the first roll back from it after having it in there for 6 months the rokkor 1.4 convinced me to keep it.

I was thinking of giving away the minolta

Don't!!!

What model is it? I have an XE-1 and it is now my favourite 35mm SLR. I bought it when I was looking for prime lenses for my Nikon. I found that I couldn't afford them. Similarly specified Rokkors were about a quarter to a third of the price so even with the added cost of buying the camera body, I could afford a three prime lens system.

Steve.

Last edited:
its the xd7 I got it for £30 in a charity shop :) I did have a browse of ebay earlier and rokkor kit does seem alot cheaper than fd stuff so the a-1 might be taking a back seat for a while.

It also just 'feels' better than the a1 only thing I don't like is loading film as its abit fiiddly having to tuck the film under the small tab on the spool.

IMG_7173.jpg

Thanks to the help of kind folk here (Joxby), I have used the Bronica and managed to win a first at my camera club with her, which would have thrilled dad no end!

Hope you enjoy!

Congrats on the win. I really want one of these, wouldn't suit most of my photography as the flash sync is so slow but by heck they're gorgeous to look at. They're so much prettier than my SQA is, why bronica couldn't keep the classic looks I don't know. Ffordes have a complete one for £150 but I'm not ina position to treat myself just now.

This'll send a shiver down your doobries.

Instamatic.jpg

Yep, the dreaded Instamatic. It even still has a roll of 110-type film in it! (only four of the 24 exposure used - and it is Safeway's own makes). Brrrrrr (shudders).
God, the picture quality out of these things were horrid, but it was my parent's camera. I was too young to even think about getting into photography at the time.

Last edited:
This is a definite contender for the thread of the year award !!

Brilliant thread. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

IMG_2073.jpg

Congrats on the win. I really want one of these, wouldn't suit most of my photography as the flash sync is so slow but by heck they're gorgeous to look at. They're so much prettier than my SQA is, why bronica couldn't keep the classic looks I don't know. Ffordes have a complete one for £150 but I'm not ina position to treat myself just now.

They are fab...:)

There is a 105mm f/3.5 Nikkor in the S series range, with a leaf shutter...that syncs up to 1/500th, though it doesn't fit the ECTL, or at least it doesn't meter.
The EC's are the most reliable, with all stainless gearing and bulletproof electronic shutter control.

I have very little idea why I sold mine, apart from the thought of having to do a re-seal...:shake:

The best there is in metered 6x6 rangefinders...

wait.....the only one there is in metered 6x6 rangefinders....:LOL:

No but, its a fantastic camera, seriously.
I mean it has the same limitations of all rangefinders v slr's but...its the best there is imo, and only 3 lenses is the entire range....:banana:
Once you've bought em, you've bought em, its the end of GAS as far as this camera goes..

The best there is in metered 6x6 rangefinders...

wait.....the only one there is in metered 6x6 rangefinders....:LOL:

And thought you were going to say "Its like a Texas Leica" :LOL:

And thought you were going to say "Its like a Texas Leica" :LOL:

:LOL:

They say that about all the big rangefinders, Fuji GW690 = Texas Leica, Plaubel Makina = Texas Leica, even the 645's, which aren't even slightly big..

:eek: ... that is sex on steroids Jox... (y)

Not sure I have seen anything that gorgeous in a long while... :thinking: ... does it come in Green... :naughty:

And the other two ain't half bad either... :D

:p

Jebus, I've never tried to edit one of you're posts before, its so full of font, colour and quote brackets....its too late to figure it out..:LOL:
I think "steroids" describes them bang on, they're not pretty by rangefinder standards but its Marilyn Monroe to use..

It comes in green, but the green & white film it shoots is harder to find than K64....:D

Last edited:
Forgot this one until I saw the comment above. Fuji GSW690 II. Takes 6x9, giving me 8 shots on a 120 roll. It's big , but not overly heavy, and gives pictures good enough to make it worth taking anywhere in the world.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Here are the more interesting ones from my collection, all apart from my Nikon FG-20 were picked up for next to nothing from charity shops and car boot sales.

1. Kodak Colorsnap 35 with case and instruction manual.
original.jpg

2. Kodak Colorsnap 35 without the case.
original.jpg

3. Kodak Brownie Reflex 20 with original box.
original.jpg

4. No idea what this one is! It has "Made in West-Germany" stamped on the bottom
original.jpg

5. Same as No.4 but without case!
original.jpg

6. Same as No. 4 & 5
original.jpg

7. Yoighander Brilliant
original.jpg

8. I am pretty sure this is a light meter, I am not sure if it still works!
original.jpg

9. Light meter again
original.jpg

Last edited:
Carrying on from my post above.

1. No.1 Pocket Kodak Series II. Dated early 1920's
original.jpg

2. No.1 Pocket Kodak Series II
original.jpg

3. No.1 Pocket Kodak Series II
original.jpg

4. No.1 Pocket Kodak Series II
original.jpg

5. Nikon FG-20 with Tokina 28mm f/2.8, Nikon E Series 50mm f/1.8 and Bell & Howell 80-205mm f/4.5 Macro lenses. This was my grandad's setup and when he past away my nan gave it to me. I have never run a film through it, guess I should really to see what the quality is like.
original.jpg

THIS may help you with No.4 Steve... :shrug:

Yours is the Automatic listed near the bottom... ;)

Searching around they are quite a collectable item... :D

:p

Cheers Venomator, not too much information on the net from what I can see. Not sure if its worth anything?!

Went to see mt Grandad today and whilst there, got around to talking about photography as he used to be a keen photographer, anyhow, he told me he was selling some of his old stuff, so I managed to do a deal and secure these items. Pretty chuffed with them All for £25. They are a Canon T50, Canon T70, Canon Speedlite 277T and 3 lenses, Vivitar Wide Angle 28mm, Vivitar 135mm and an Astron 28mm - 70mm.

canoncollection.jpg

Last edited:
When using the T70 make sure the film is past the red mark when loading...as there is no way of telling if the film is loaded or winding on. On mine the display lied showing the film was loaded when it wasn't....of course it could be a fault in the camera in that some sensor is not working

When using the T70 make sure the film is past the red mark when loading...as there is no way of telling if the film is loaded or winding on. On mine the display lied showing the film was loaded when it wasn't....of course it could be a fault in the camera in that some sensor is not working

Cheers for that i'll remember when using it. Can't wait, although I'm not expecting any great results the first few times I use it!!!

Cheers for that i'll remember when using it. Can't wait, although I'm not expecting any great results the first few times I use it!!!

When selected it has a backup for incorrect exposure (SS).. i.e. you cockup and the camera will correct automatically, so I would be suprised if you get poor results.
I have the T90 as well, it should be W90...wow 90, a big camera as shown in this pic:-

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/img504.jpg

Went to see mt Grandad today and whilst there, got around to talking about photography as he used to be a keen photographer, anyhow, he told me he was selling some of his old stuff, so I managed to do a deal and secure these items. Pretty chuffed with them All for £25. They are a Canon T50, Canon T70, Canon Speedlite 277T and 3 lenses, Vivitar Wide Angle 28mm, Vivitar 135mm and an Astron 28mm - 70mm.

canoncollection.jpg

You got an awsome deal there the t series canons are becomming quite collectable

Heres a few from me

Kodak Brownie and a disc camera
DSC_0529.jpg

Kodak six 20
DSC_0531.jpg

Agfa Isolette
DSC_0533.jpg

Same again but showing the built in light meter
DSC_0534.jpg

Stitz exposure meter (with original box, instructions and receipt)
DSC_0536.jpg

A rangefinder and a Plex exposure meter
DSC_0539.jpg

A couple of flash units
DSC_0541.jpg

Back