Post pictures of your cool/old/retro cameras!

:LOL: ... WRONG... :D ... the new addition is tiny by comparison both in terms of size and weight... :eek:

Nice try but... :thinking: ... how many of your 'new found' collection would you be prepared to trade for it... only the decent stuffs mind... :cautious:

:p

Touché :p

How much did that Leica set you back then? :eek:

Far too much for an old discontinued fillum model @ £149 tbh... :eek: ... but it IS a very limited edition and DOES combine two of my passions/obsessions in one hit... :D

:thinking: ... Or three if you include photography... :naughty:

Far too much for an old discontinued fillum model @ £149 tbh... :eek: ... but it IS a very limited edition and DOES combine two of my passions/obsessions in one hit... :D

:thinking: ... Or three if you include photography... :naughty:

Haha :p at least i only spent £15 on a Nikon SLR body :p

Decided that the Rollei 35 probably isn't too practical...want something to use more often, but hmm!

Wow some great cameras in this thread:clap:.

I was going to post these up in their own thread for a bit of fun, I've been experimenting with product photography, but they can go in here! Two, well one processed 2 ways, that didn't quite make my 52!

It's a P30n (but you knew that right:naughty:) and can be credited with starting my love of photography, many years ago!:)

Mark(y)

The one that did make my 52 is here

Last edited:
^ I have the P30 that i'm getting ready to sell, never used it :p

Here are my two :D

3722856939_37d6590588.jpg

3720399794_02a349099c.jpg

Just got this down from the attic, my first proper digital camera purchased as used in 2003.

SonyMavica.jpg

Tried to use it but the floppy drive no longer works and the Sony battery could only hold it's charge for less than 10 minutes. :crying: A real shame as the picture quality coming out of that camera was amazing . . . and could still hold it's own given half a chance.

:LOL: ... nice... ;)

Did you see my latest addition... :shrug: ... and deffo NOT car boot stuff... :D

Just scrolled back up this thread to see what is your latest addition, and had to do a bit of googling up on it as it's something I've never seen or heard before (as photography isn't my "main" hobby, just something I've recently got into more thanks to the ease assocated with digital photography) . . .

. . . . and . . . .

. . . veeeeeery nice! Hope that little beaut will bring you many years of joy. :) (y)

Thanx Ian... ;) ... bought it mainly for keeps but will bung a roll or three through it at some point... :D

Will have to hunt out my granddads old camera and get a picture of that up

Will have to keep you waiting we moved house 3 months ago and i have no idea where it is and i don't get my camera till the end of the month

Dug out my first digital camera. TBH, the pictures sucked big time :(

Will have to keep you waiting we moved house 3 months ago and i have no idea where it is and i don't get my camera till the end of the month

Tease... :cautious:

:naughty:

Dug out my first digital camera. TBH, the pictures sucked big time :(

But it fits the thread nicely... :D ... no-one said anything about them having to provide decent pics... :LOL:

AND... :cautious: ... how can anyone be ambivalent about Marmite... :nono:

;)

Last edited:
Chinon CP7m. My first electronic SLR after my Zenith B, circa late 70s.

Not exactly cool and retro-ness is arguable, but it is nearly 11 years old and still works. Casio QV-7000SX. This was my first digital camera in 1998. 1.3mp and cost £650. The best thing about it was the swivelling lens. No viewfinder made bright sun and low light composition challenging. Screen refresh rate is so slow I can draw the scene with a pencil and paper quicker. But at the time it seemed just fine.

Cheers, there's another lens and flashgun with it but i've never used any of it. My pictures are bad enough when i can review them straight away to see where i've gone wrong :D

So I have my Sekonic 8mm cinefilm camera.

What would I need to run some tape through that bad boy?

A roll of 8mm film? How would I process it?
What speeds should I run it at?

Is it 8mm or Super 8mm? If it's Super 8 then 7dayshop.com sell film for £8 :)

My Great Grandads old Agfa Billy, he used to use it to take pictures of the war ships he was on. It takes me about 5 minutes to take each picture, but I have only put one roll of film through :sulk:

IMG_9033-1.jpg

My Great Grandads old Agfa Billy, he used to use it to take pictures of the war ships he was on. It takes me about 5 minutes to take each picture, but I have only put one roll of film through :sulk:

IMG_9033-1.jpg

That's another lovely looking oldie Liam... (y) ... and in perfick nick too by the looks... :D

That's another lovely looking oldie Liam... (y) ... and in perfick nick too by the looks... :D

Cheers, from this side it does on the other the paint is starting to flake / rust :thumbsdown: Anyone know how is best to repaint an old camera?

I bought this today in order to do some IR photography (the F80 has an IED film location detector so I cannot use IR film in it).

I spoke to him before popping round and knew it was a Nikon F mount then when I got there there was a nifty fifty stuck on it for free together with a HOYA filter and a flash !

The dot in the middle of the lens is dust, it is perfect! Anyone know what the squarish thing is on the back of the camera.

I now need 2 straps !!

Anyway, think it is a Nikon FM with a Nikon 50mm f1.8 series E lens

fm105.jpg

fm106.jpg

fm107.jpg

Oh there was a new Lowepro bag with it for free as well :)

Love it.

Anyone know what the squarish thing is on the back of the camera.

Love it.

I was gonna say, its where you put the film...:|

I dunno, isn't it the window where you slip in the cardboard end of a film box so you don't forget what you loaded the damn thing with...

Back