Posting camera to New York

Why don't you explain how it can be done instead of having a holier than you attitude?

It may help others.
I’ve definitely read of overseas to U.K. bank transfers being reversed but I can’t remember where offhand. Maybe there are some extra factors like the bank transfer having the appearance of being made without being ‘finalised’?

Why don't you explain how it can be done instead of having a holier than you attitude?

It may help others.

If an originating account is being used fraudulently then any/all transaction including transfers can be reversed. Of course I can’t know that’s how an international accounts being used, but as such an obvious scam it’s fair to say that probably not much about the transaction seems legit.

Honestly do people not know that?aside from the issue of scheduled transfer receipts

Holier the you enough? Every days a school day apparently

If an originating account is being used fraudulently then any/all transaction including transfers can be reversed.

Is that true though? I cant find that mentioned anywhere....

If you can actually provide a credible source then I'll hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong.

If an originating account is being used fraudulently then any/all transaction including transfers can be reversed.

I'd heard that a lot of people are due for refunds for fraudulent account activity and bank transfers but, as far as I know, this is the banks paying money back as apparently, they should be able to detect fraudulent activity in the first instance so that these kinds of transactions shouldn't happen.

Hi Guys, Unfortunately I sold my Canon 6d on Ebay (12/11/2019) and received the exact same message after it had been bought -
Hi! I'm sorry, I bought the goods as a for my daughter, but forgot to change the delivery address. Can you send it to my daughter? I wrote the address next in this message.
And one more request. ‘Cos it's a gift, please don’t send an invoice. Delivery via Royal Mail please! thank you!
There is right address, sorry for my mistake:

It was sent to a Denise S Andrews, as the buyer on eBay was a Mr G Andrews, (ebay name GatYat38) whom I am at present taking through the court procedures.
I just want to ask if anyone else had any information about the address or the person.
Thanks

I bought a Leica X113 in New York. Bought it on Ebay a few months earlier and then asked him to hold it til we got their for our regular trip. Was enjoyable and striaghtf orward, met in central park and job done. Nice memory too to have a camera from there.

Has anyone actually sold anything and sent it to this address
Mod Edit - <Address Removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
it's ok :) I won't!

Actually - within the first day of having it on ebay it sold.. with a follow up e-mail.. YEA right.

Hi! I'm sorry, I bought the goods as a for my daughter, but forgot to change the delivery address. Can you send it to my daughter? I wrote the address next in this message.
And one more request. ‘Cos it's a gift, please don’t send an invoice. Delivery via Royal Mail please! thank you!
Dxxxxx Sxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxWW

Why are you posting up someone's private address ffs? Isn't that a breach of some sort of GDPR thing or summat? Jeeze. Remind me to never buy anything from you...

Why are you posting up someone's private address ffs? Isn't that a breach of some sort of GDPR thing or summat? Jeeze. Remind me to never buy anything from you...

It's was an address provided by a scammer, sorry I didn't think of protecting them!

It's was an address provided by a scammer, sorry I didn't think of protecting them!
The address I put up was a fake address, which I sent a camera too, and the people are denying it, THATS WHY!

This address has been on the forum for 6 months, its only NOW you decide to hide it, HOPELESS

How does anyone else know they're a scammer though? We have just your word for it. Could be entirely innocent for all we know. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. Y'know, correct legal procedures. Plus there could be others who live at their address, who wish for their privacy to be respected. You can't just go posting up people's addresses!

How does anyone else know they're a scammer though? We have just your word for it. Could be entirely innocent for all we know. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. Y'know, correct legal procedures. Plus there could be others who live at their address, who wish for their privacy to be respected. You can't just go posting up people's addresses!
Someone has to be at the address, to accept and sign for the delivery. Maybe there should be a members only page where people can be aware of dodgy scams going on ebay. The message that was sent to me through ebay including the address, after the purchase was made through paypal. Because the address was not the same as the paypal account, the money was reclaimed. I would like to know if any of your other members have had any such dealings with the now removed address.

This address has been on the forum for 6 months, its only NOW you decide to hide it, HOPELESS
It was a moderator that removed the address, not AZ6!
Its forum policy **not to allow private address's visible on the forum.

The reason it has only just been removed is because it was noted.
We don't and can't read every single thread, we rely on forum members to bring things to our attention that we may have missed.
Sometimes we act, sometimes we don't. In this instance ** applies

It was a moderator that removed the address, not AZ6!
Its forum policy **not to allow private address's visible on the forum.

The reason it has only just been removed is because it was noted.
We don't and can't read every single thread, we rely on forum members to bring things to our attention that we may have missed.
Sometimes we act, sometimes we don't. In this instance ** applies

Sorry I didn't consider it at the time!

Hi Guys, Unfortunately I sold my Canon 6d on Ebay (12/11/2019) and received the exact same message after it had been bought -

It was sent to a Denise S Andrews, as the buyer on eBay was a Mr G Andrews, (ebay name GatYat38) whom I am at present taking through the court procedures.
I just want to ask if anyone else had any information about the address or the person.
Thanks

Am I right in saying you totally ignored the Ebay conditions that say only send to the registered address on PayPal?

Someone has to be at the address, to accept and sign for the delivery. Maybe there should be a members only page where people can be aware of dodgy scams going on ebay. The message that was sent to me through ebay including the address, after the purchase was made through paypal. Because the address was not the same as the paypal account, the money was reclaimed. I would like to know if any of your other members have had any such dealings with the now removed address.

But was there actually a scam? All we have here, is information that someone asked for an item to be sent to an address different to their own. There's nothing illegal in that. I've done it loads of times buying something for someone else, even as a surprise gift. None of the information given on this forum proves (and that's the crucial bit, right there) that any illegal activity actually took place. Now I'm not saying it wasn't dodgy, I have no idea, nothing but your word to go on. But that's not enough; in the UK at least, making such public statements could constitute an offence under civil law. So, you could end up being sued, if your claims turned out to be false/incorrect. There are myriad factors why simply stating that someone is a scammer, could land you in big trouble. Plus, the owners of this forum have a legal duty to not allow such defamation anyway; they are ultimately responsible for ALL content of this website. Including your comments. Because they are published. You know when newspapers get sued for printing false stories about someone? That. So even if your allegations are correct, without any sort of court judgment against an individual or group of individuals/organisation etc, you're just not allowed to go round posting up people's personal details, within the context of an accusation. Even then, I think posting up their address might still land you in trouble, as I said earlier; others may live at that address.

So, just have a think about it, is all I'm saying.

But was there actually a scam? All we have here, is information that someone asked for an item to be sent to an address different to their own. There's nothing illegal in that. I've done it loads of times buying something for someone else, even as a surprise gift. None of the information given on this forum proves (and that's the crucial bit, right there) that any illegal activity actually took place. Now I'm not saying it wasn't dodgy, I have no idea, nothing but your word to go on. But that's not enough; in the UK at least, making such public statements could constitute an offence under civil law. So, you could end up being sued, if your claims turned out to be false/incorrect. There are myriad factors why simply stating that someone is a scammer, could land you in big trouble. Plus, the owners of this forum have a legal duty to not allow such defamation anyway; they are ultimately responsible for ALL content of this website. Including your comments. Because they are published. You know when newspapers get sued for printing false stories about someone? That. So even if your allegations are correct, without any sort of court judgment against an individual or group of individuals/organisation etc, you're just not allowed to go round posting up people's personal details, within the context of an accusation. Even then, I think posting up their address might still land you in trouble, as I said earlier; others may live at that address.

So, just have a think about it, is all I'm saying.

Did you read this post ?

Thanks

He had the exactly same worded message as I did (from a different user), and after sending the item I guess they now have a problem - hence court proceedings..

Fortunately I did not send my £4500 camera to a different address which was a 'gift' for a daughter :D must be nice to be their daughter..

Last edited:
@Rumrat

My attempted purchase (no payment) and message was received on 16/11/2019 from the account 'daneleah' which no longer exists on ebay

I have no further information that could possibly help, sorry.

Last edited:
I can understand why the mods removed the addresses, but there's no doubt these were scams. Changing the address in this way is against ebay's T&Cs and invalidates their seller's protection cover. Here's a scam investigated by the Telegraph with very similar wording:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/j...ricked-ascammer-posting-parcel-wrong-address/

I wonder how this sort of thing works exactly. Does the scammer hang around outside somebody else's house (maybe one they know to be empty) when the delivery is due, or is it something more blatant than that?

I have no further information that could possibly help, sorry.

Sigh...

It's irrelevant what 'information' you or anyone else post on a forum like this; nobody else has any way of verifying it, and until the outcome of any court proceedings, we'd only have YOUR word for what happened, and not the whole picture. As far as anyone knows, the people mentioned at the address that was posted, may or may not have anything to do with this 'scam'. I'm not saying it wasn't a scam (quite frankly, I'm not particularly interested tbh). I'm just mindful that there is a need to respect correct judicial procedure, if such a thing were to happen, and to not post personal details of anyone on an internet forum. Cos you can potentially get the website owners in a lot of trouble, if not yourself. Do you understand that?

hence court proceedings

Has there been any outcome from this, so far? Bear in mind it may be an offence to discuss any matters relating to the case, outside of the court, without permission of the court.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25210867

You HAVE to understand the potential impact on people from comments made online, no matter how well intentioned (or not). There's too much potential legal stuff for me to want to go into, but you can always do your own research. It's a good idea to know stuff, and consider what you post online.

That's all. I'm not calling anyone a liar, or claiming that x y or z did or didn't happen. Just concerned that people need to raise their awareness of the reach and potential impact of social media.

The address I put up was a fake address, which I sent a camera too, and the people are denying it, THATS WHY!
In what sense was the address fake? I mean does the address actually exist or was it made up?

I had a look on Google maps at the address posted by Rumrat - real residential address.

Hi Guys, thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated. let me continue with no names :)

The camera was purchased by a MR X. I had received an email from paypal to say they had received the monies. 3 weeks after the purchase, MR X had said there had been an unauthorised use of his paypal account. Paypal investigated and had agreed with him. The camera had been sent by royal mail tracked, when I checked the royal mail receipt it had indeed been signed by the correct person. A certain Miss X. When I checked on 192.com to see who lived at the address it was indeed a family with a surname of X. For me this was too many coincidences, for it to be anything else but a fraudulent act by MR X.

It doesn't matter, as I am pursuing MR X through the courts to get my money back. I have an email from paypal saying there was no unauthorised use of MR X's account as proof. In fact, he had asked paypal for his money back as he had not authorised the payment. Told to me by a paypal employee.

So the camera was bought by a Mr X, sent to a Miss X and a family of X's lived at the property.

I will let you all know the outcome of this little debacle when the judge decides who is right or wrong.

As I said in another thread, the UK would be a much better place if resources existed to prosecute people like this.

I wouldn't be against stocks and a public birching.

Hi Guys, thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated. let me continue with no names :)

The camera was purchased by a MR X. I had received an email from paypal to say they had received the monies. 3 weeks after the purchase, MR X had said there had been an unauthorised use of his paypal account. Paypal investigated and had agreed with him. The camera had been sent by royal mail tracked, when I checked the royal mail receipt it had indeed been signed by the correct person. A certain Miss X. When I checked on 192.com to see who lived at the address it was indeed a family with a surname of X. For me this was too many coincidences, for it to be anything else but a fraudulent act by MR X.

It doesn't matter, as I am pursuing MR X through the courts to get my money back. I have an email from paypal saying there was no unauthorised use of MR X's account as proof. In fact, he had asked paypal for his money back as he had not authorised the payment. Told to me by a paypal employee.

So the camera was bought by a Mr X, sent to a Miss X and a family of X's lived at the property.

I will let you all know the outcome of this little debacle when the judge decides who is right or wrong.

Well it seems evidence does not go very far these days, but lies do. I lost my case in court simply because the defendant lied on multiple occasions stating we had spoke on the phone (we had not) he had told me is accounts; both eBay & PayPal had been hacked (he had not). He claimed he had evidence of over £2000 pounds worth of refunds from PayPal (No evidence). Just a letter to the judge stating he was telling the truth.

My evidence a letter from PayPal stating his account had not had an unauthorised purchase. A printout from 192.Com identify that his extended family lived at the address the camera was sent to. He stated he could not work due to ill health, yet I included screen shots from his facebook account, showing he was working in his garage and repairing 4x4's.

This as experience has taught me just one thing, not to sell on eBay ever again, unfortunately that's not possible. So just need to be careful in the future and REMEMBER always send to the address in the PayPal account. Because eBay will not cover the cost either; because there may have been a typo. So, its just really difficult to prove anything when there is no court attendance and everything depends on letters.

Thanks for listening, have a good day. Just need to sort my debts out now :)

Well it seems evidence does not go very far these days, but lies do. I lost my case in court simply because the defendant lied on multiple occasions stating we had spoke on the phone (we had not) he had told me is accounts; both eBay & PayPal had been hacked (he had not). He claimed he had evidence of over £2000 pounds worth of refunds from PayPal (No evidence). Just a letter to the judge stating he was telling the truth.

My evidence a letter from PayPal stating his account had not had an unauthorised purchase. A printout from 192.Com identify that his extended family lived at the address the camera was sent to. He stated he could not work due to ill health, yet I included screen shots from his facebook account, showing he was working in his garage and repairing 4x4's.

This as experience has taught me just one thing, not to sell on eBay ever again, unfortunately that's not possible. So just need to be careful in the future and REMEMBER always send to the address in the PayPal account. Because eBay will not cover the cost either; because there may have been a typo. So, its just really difficult to prove anything when there is no court attendance and everything depends on letters.

Thanks for listening, have a good day. Just need to sort my debts out now :)
Sorry to hear that. Possibly the judge was unfamiliar with the workings of eBay
, PayPal etc, which wouldn’t help :(.

Let’s put this in perspective if you buy or sell on e.bay and follow ALL there rules and regulations to the letter ,including PayPal ones ,then your covered by buyer /seller protection .. under no circumstances send to a different address than the registered one .. so even if it’s a hacked account your covered ..
if you bend the rules even if the buyer requests it your not .. also scammers are very good at fake PayPal letters if ANY doubt forward to spoof@paypal.com and always ensure the money is in your account before Posting

Back