Poundland brings back film - BUT (Dateline December 2018)

I'm one of those who was trying out the film at the time, but you're right when you say it likes good light and I guess I was looking for something a bit more flexible.
To be fair, it's pretty decent for film a century past its 'process by' date.

To be fair, it's pretty decent for film a century past its 'process by' date.

They made things to last in those days...

Now Brian, I know you are one of the senior members of this forum but I'm not sure that it was as far back as 1917 when you were selling your Vista...:D

Damm at my age I'm making mistakes..last night loaded up the Chinon for the firework display and checked for f stop, 8 secs speed, lens at infinity BUT forgot to check on the LCD display the film I put in was at number 1 :banghead:...yep you guessed it no shots :(
..and forgot happy new year everyone.

Last edited:
Quick Brian, get that date changed now! I'm one of those who was trying out the film at the time, but you're right when you say it likes good light and I guess I was looking for something a bit more flexible.

The only difference AFAIK between Asta Vista (Fuji C200) and Fuji Superia is:- C200 doesn't have the 4th layer...erm don't ask me what the 4th layer does :D

Surely the 4th layer records the fourth dimension, and is therefore used in time exposures?

Right, I've got a roll of this 'new' film and I'll be shooting it this afternoon. Not entirely sure when I'll process it, mind, but we'll see how it comes out.

Right, I've got a roll of this 'new' film and I'll be shooting it this afternoon. Not entirely sure when I'll process it, mind, but we'll see how it comes out.

One report from a user was that only had 7 frames on his, so don't wind on too vigorously.

One born every minute, so perhaps worth buying some and raking in the shekels.
I bought one ages ago thinking that I could use it in my Sureshot half frame camera, the Multi Tele and still haven't because I'm only about halfway through the 36 exposure film in it.IMG_20181110_173325.jpg

People are selling this on eBay for £7.99
emoji849.png

...and empty Vista film boxes as vintage collectors item :rolleyes:

Back