Practical Photograpghy DSLR Skills Course

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks,
as i am brand new to DSLR's and will be learning from scratch, i noticed this course starting soon. I know it is free(which is a great price lol), but i was wondering if it is worth the investment in time?
Has anyone any experience of this course as i believe they run it every year?

dont forget to use topcashback, you'll get £6 back, so you only really pay £4. You can't go wrong really. I used topcashback and it has tracked I got £6.06 back, bargain I think. Looking forward to receiving my first issue and cracking on with it.......just need to sort out a DSLR now but thats a minor issue lol

dont forget to use topcashback, you'll get £6 back, so you only really pay £4. You can't go wrong really. I used topcashback and it has tracked I got £6.06 back, bargain I think. Looking forward to receiving my first issue and cracking on with it.......just need to sort out a DSLR now but thats a minor issue lol

Thanks for that. Didnt realised you can get TCB on this. Brilliant deal

IIRC its through great magazines so search for that on TCB, I got the tip off another thread on here, i usually forget about TCB until after I have bought something lol

I've signed up and got my £6 cashback credited so not bad 6 issues for £4. I'm not quite sure what the point of the certificate at the end of the course will be worth, or what the point of submitting homework, but at least signing up will give access to the course videos.

I signed up a few days ago - for the price, don't think you can go wrong ??

Last edited:
I've just signed up as well, for £4 can't be bad, and even if the course isn't great you still get a decent magazine for 6 months!

Might sound thick but how do you get the £4 price through that site?

Might sound thick but how do you get the £4 price through that site?

no you still pay the magazine company £10 and as long as your cashback through topcashback tracks correctly you'll get £6 back through topcashback

Cheers. So just register then buy through the link and you should get the cash back. Just search for pp on the cash back site? Sorry for the dumb questions, I have never used one before.

Signed up for this last night and have the cash back credited to my Topcashback account already. Just buy through the link on the site and bingo £6.06 straight back.
You obviously have to register for a Topcashback account first.
Good luck

Signed up to Topcashback but I can't find the discounted PP link. All I find is a non discounted link..? Confused.

cheers mate..!

How do you get the cashback..?

Provided you bought through the link it will show up on your Topcashback account in a day or so. Just sign in to your account and check the balance.

Cool, looks like there will be a few of us doing this.
Hopefully we can get a thread going once it's started and help each other out :)

Ive just signed up too! Just noticed I put my first magazine for March 2011 (which is out around 23rd February 2011) but then noticed on the PP website it says course starts in Aprils edition! Did you sign up as April as your first copy? I guess I better contact them and try and change it otherwise Ill end up paying for another issue at the end which kind of defeats the object!

i signed up for the feb issue, then realised the course didn't start to april DOH! no big issue really, but i was expecting to have received my first copy by now, but still nothing.

I'm not sure but I think if you purchased through the offer that included the course you will get all 6 issues from August - September..... That's how I understood it anyway.

I'm not sure but I think if you purchased through the offer that included the course you will get all 6 issues from August - September..... That's how I understood it anyway.

Dont think that is right, you got to choose the start date, Feb, march or april (IIRC) you then get 6 issues. The course starts in April so not sure where you got the August-september start, plus thats only 2 issues lol

Sorry I meant April to September. It was a week or so ago I signed up I thought that was what I read but hey ho if I've got to buy the last issue it's no biggie. Will have to wait and see when the first one arrives.

Course starts when April edition of the magazine goes on sale.(y)

I signed up as well. 6 issues of Practical Photography for £4! Couldn't miss a deal like that. Don't know how much use the course will be but anything that gets me out taking pictures is a good thing!

I have a 52 on the go, the TP POTY and a 12 week local course at my local high school. Gonna be a good year photography wise!

I signed up too, too late for the mag offer so I took the years dd for £46 with a free Kata backpack. Get my first issue the month after the boot camp starts so I'll have to find the 23/3 edition locally. How much is a copy at the newsagents anyhow?
Steve

Back