Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
I see that Amazon are running a "2 day special"
I've had a browse, but nothing of interest to me..

Paltry discounts from what I have looked at so far, nothing to entice me at all.

I don't know if I dare dip in - so much time can be wasted for things you don't really need. It seems to have prompted other companies to have their own flash sales

Massive discount on the watch I bought last week and not a big enough discount on the Kindle I wanted.

So not perfect imo.

Bought a used like new bathroom cabinet on the Amazon Warehouse Event with an extra 30% off at checkout.

Bought ink, some Godox stuff, a couple of bottles of Vodka & Gin and some car cleaning stuff for myself, nothing too exciting.

Got a fire cube for my eldest.

Just also hit the button on a Ninja air fryer thing my missus wanted.

Debated a couple of other things like a drone and a Synology NAS but have resisted so far.

I might get an Airfryer and also want a pressure cooker too.......trying to resist.

That Ninja Air Fryer I just ordered is supposed to be good it has 2 separate compartments so that you can do 2 different foods at the same time. Usually you can take a l lot of the prime deals with a pinch of salt but this thing does seem to be £179 everywhere else so £129 is a good price. We have an older one that is on its last legs so needed replaced.

already have a pressure cooker which is incredibly useful.
i am still not convinced by airfryer....

Air fryer is handy if like us you have kids and seem to have to cook an endless supply of chicken nuggets etc. Much quicker in the air fryer than in the oven.

That Ninja Air Fryer I just ordered is supposed to be good it has 2 separate compartments so that you can do 2 different foods at the same time. Usually you can take a l lot of the prime deals with a pinch of salt but this thing does seem to be £179 everywhere else so £129 is a good price. We have an older one that is on its last legs so needed replaced.
I love my ninja air fryer. It's very rare that I get a frying pan out now or use the grill. Take a look on YouTube and see what can be cooked in an air fryer, it's quite a variety of foods.

Air fryer is a godsend! I have been using one for a few years and it has made a big difference. We regularly use it for sausages, burgers, kebabs, chips and anything that requires oil. It is no replacement for a deep fryer (which we don’t have nor would use) for those who need it but for what it can do it is phenomenal.

As a matter of fact we regularly use to cook a whole baby chicken, comes out great. All breaded foods are hands down better cooked in the air fryer. As you can tell I’m a total convert. Get a big one if you can so you can fry bigger things!

Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM for £629 looks to be a good price new for that lens?

Got myself a new SD card and saved about £4... Bits of plastic are falling off my current SD card and the top of it has split open. It still works for now, but you know it will fail after I've taken the best photo of my life!

bought a Meike extension tube set for my Nikon Z. £35. Not sure there’s any discount.

I can see that happening and ***k knows the cost of replacing one on a medium format camera. I let A J Johnson clean mine and if they break it, they're PI cover will replace/repair the camera.

yet people are happy wet cleaning with random liquids and swabs off amazon.
This is seems more credible coming from pentax than the many random wet kits.

I normally got mine cleaned by wex because they ran a free cleaning service every so often. but during the lockdown that has not been possible.

I have order pentax kit to trial, I will see how it works on cheaper lenses first. then on the D800 you donated for my brother :D
if it passes both I will be happy to use on my more expensive cameras.

Last edited:

I normally got mine cleaned by wex because they ran a free cleaning service every so often. but during the lockdown that has not been possible.

I have order pentax kit to trial, I will see how it works on cheaper lenses first. then on the D800 you donated for my brother :D

See that D800, I DIY cleaned that thing many times and scratched the sensor slightly, now you can only see this in very unique conditions. After that, I decided let someone else do it. I'd happly clean the front element of a lens but after that D800 nah...

When I sent you that D800 it had 2 dust bunnies, tops on it.

if it passes both I will be happy to use on my more expensive cameras.

it’s just Pentax branded there is a Nikon one as well or there was anyway they are all made by a company called eyelead or something similar from memory. It’s just like you can buy Nikon and Pentax etc branded lens cleaning pens but they are made by LensPen.

Sony 35mm f1.8 is available for £400 which is also an excellent price

bringing this is back to photography related equipment one thing that caught my eye is the pentax cleaner

any one tried it? seems to get mostly decent reviews.
I can see that happening and ***k knows the cost of replacing one on a medium format camera. I let A J Johnson clean mine and if they break it, they're PI cover will replace/repair the camera.

I bought one, a Sony recommended one, used (tried to use) it once & threw it away.

it’s just Pentax branded there is a Nikon one as well or there was anyway they are all made by a company called eyelead or something similar from memory. It’s just like you can buy Nikon and Pentax etc branded lens cleaning pens but they are made by LensPen.
As far as I know eyelead one was made in China and this one is made in Japan. So not sure if it's made by same people.

See that D800, I DIY cleaned that thing many times and scratched the sensor slightly, now you can only see this in very unique conditions. After that, I decided let someone else do it. I'd happly clean the front element of a lens but after that D800 nah...

When I sent you that D800 it had 2 dust bunnies, tops on it.

DSLRs have less issue with dust compared to mirrorless

Last edited:
A 2TB Crucial X6 external SSD for £120. That'll do for one of my levels of backup (has to be different manufacturer to the other levels because I've been bitten before as I watched 3 drives in a RAID array fail due one after the other to a manufacturing defect... No good having multiple copies if they all fail together)

A 2TB Crucial X6 external SSD for £120. That'll do for one of my levels of backup (has to be different manufacturer to the other levels because I've been bitten before as I watched 3 drives in a RAID array fail due one after the other to a manufacturing defect... No good having multiple copies if they all fail together)

A good spot..................I too have plumped for one of those.................nice high capacity in a small package.

Back