Product Photography - Lighting

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm just looking for some lighting kit for product photography,

now on amazon I've seen these lighting boxes which are meant to be used in conjunction with a mobile phone.. They seem like a quick fix, but I'm a little bit dubious about how practical they are and how good they will be...

Has anyone had experience in using these previously and how good are they? I shoot Door handles, door hardware, PVC trims, tubes of silicone, window hinges, window locks etc... Currently these get taken on a white background and cropped out.. I would really love to eliminate the cropping process, or simplfy the process. What would you guys recommend?

I was thinking maybe a white background
2 flashes and 2 soft boxes? Or a Thrid flash to light behind the backdrop to blow it out? would that work?

suggestions welcome!

Kind Regards

Andy

Yes if I say it myself, that's the way to go.
It will explain why light tents and similar won't do justice to your products and will show you how it should be done.

Also, it explains and shows two quick and easy methods of cutting subjects out of the background.

But please feel free to come back to us with any specific questions.

Just bought the Kindle version...
Thanks for that. Your money has gone to our horse rescue and rehoming charity, which needs it. . .

It would help enormously if you were to leave a review on Amazon, it's reviews that make it more visible to the public and which help with sales.

Kindle isn't ideal for this type of book but it's the affordable option available via Amazon..
If you PM me your email address I'll send you the pdf version, which is far more user friendly.

Back