Project 52....by Kennysarmy + week 27 Highlight

Well thought out and executed...:clap:

and just enough movement for me...:clap::clap::clap:

Excellent stuff again from you...(y)

Well done, it's a good simple shot, of a simple game, but the blur makes it something more interesting (y)

Great capture of the movement :clap:

Part of me wants it to be even simpler and have a deck of kids snap cards - the ones with pictures instead of numbers, but that's probably just me regressing! (y)

Another clever shot from you this week, I like the subject and it fits the theme perfectly. As others have said the movement is spot on and what isn't supposed to be blurred is sharp and clear. well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

yes, a very clever and imaginative shot. Well done
Jon

How did I miss your Dark shot? :(

What a difficult task you set yourself put you've pulled it off really well :clap::clap:

Simple - another good capture, like the movement which shows how frenetically it is played :clap::clap:

Great stuff from you again (y)

hehehe - this made me smile. (y)

Lots of lines indeed - even if some of them may not be very straight! :LOL: Although the dragons horns (?) look straight enough. The boat looks a bit overcrowded - did it sink 'straight' to the bottom? :LOL:

Excellent, fun take on the theme and it looks like a good spectator event. :)

Jean

I like that, Jean has summed it up nicely, I'll add that the colours are vivid and vibrant, which, if I'm right, is one of the things Dragon Boating is renowned for (y)

Thanks, just a shame it was such a miserable day...I did nt think I was going to get any photos at all as I stood sheltering in the rain watching the first of the afternoon races...

I think you did really well considering the weather wasn't on your side. It's a great fun take on the theme and I love all the facial expressions :D

The face on that dragon is priceless, can't help but smile back. This is technically a great shot, but you have missed some of the linear's that actually do exist within, like the ridges that run down the dragons horns and the diagonal patterning on the side of the boat.

Super!! :clap: :clap:

Linear... looks like a fun day, I agree with Simon, definitely the most out of the box thinking this week(y)

Emotion - not sure about this one, the tear conveys emotion, but I think there is a stronger image in there. Perhaps more the eye would have helped:shrug:

Mark(y)

Good God Jeff - I've missed so many - my apologies :(

This is getting harder to keep up! :bang:

0) Longing - Skiers without snow :) I like the shot - simple clear and to the point and a nicely balanced composition

1) Dark - I like this one loads -a light in the dark - it has real impact and dynamism - I can almost hear the match flaring! Very Good! :clap:

2) Simple - another cleverly done shot - that's 'ace' :) - the movement you've caught again gives real dynamic feel to the shot - and of course what a simple game :D

3) Linear - fun stuff - meets the brief and is bright and cheery :D

4) Emotions - I was thinking along these lines but not really pulled it off - thats a well composed and executed shot! :clap::clap:

Again apologies for the delay in catching up - you slipped under my radar :)

My first reaction was 'I want to see the eye as well' because eyes are the windows to the soul.

Then I thought about it some more, and just seeing the tear on the cheek makes the viewer think about what emotions are going on here, and raises questions about the subject.

I love the framing and the light. Going back to it yet again, I think I would have turned your willing helper very slightly to the right, rather than stright on to the camera.

Sorry for the ramble, but the more I look at this the more I can see in it. Thank you for giving us such an interesting shot. :):):)

Jean

I like the idea but I also think having the eye in shot would give it more impact.

linear - lovely colours and composition is spot on imo, it also shows lots of emotion.

I like the tear and it is well caught but i think i would like to see her eye as well. Just my preferance.

Oh bless, I hope that isn't a real tear!!! :shake:

It is though a great capture, I really like the skin tones on this one, and as my Grandad used to tell my when I was little, 'a face without freckles is like a night without stars'

:clap: :clap:

The linear shot doesn't do lots for me, sorry, struggling to see the linear in it.

Love the emotion shot though, I like how you have cropped it tight, it seems to add impact to the shot. Excellent.

I like the emotion shot, ignoring the trade secret :D... the tear works well, I think I'd agree with Jean, turned away from the camera a littlle, and maybe looking downwards slightly, but apart from that, spot on.

I love the idea behind emotion. I wonder if more flat light over the face would have been better though. As it is, a lot of the skin looks a bit underexposed to keep the bright patch looking ok. I'd be interested to see if you have any alternative angles or crops of this. It's a tricky one when nearly any crop you take will slice straight across some facial feature.
Nice work :)

I like them both, but I think the sand sculpure takes it for me (y)
Jon

The Sand sculpture for me too. Whilst they are both showing good interpretations of the theme, I can't help think that the rigging shot has too many complex intertwining lines within it, and I kinda get lost (I hope that makes sense). Well done.

Ooooh I'm torn here - the rigging meets the theme better but I love the way you've caught the sand pirate! The detail on that pirate is so well brought out as well! A liitle too much sculptor though....hmmm ....I call it a draw :)

Both good :D

I'm torm between these two. :)

I didn't immediately clock that the sculpture was sand (doh) so for me it would have been better in colour, and I didn't immediately think 'and there's the sculptor working on it' - it was more 'I wish that person would get out of the way' (another doh!) because I wanted to see the rest of the carving.

The second one respresents a personal 'goal' of mine - to get a really dramatic shot of masts and rigging. It's hard to explain what I've got in mind, but I feel that with a slightly different angle and/or dof on this you'd have got it for me. :) So a thumbs up from me. :D

Sorry for the waffle.

Jean

I like them both, but I think the sand sculpure takes it for me (y)

:agree: Both good shot though...:clap::clap::clap:

it's amazing how they make them look so easy...I still remember being on the beach with the girls and struggled with just bucket and spade...:LOL:

well capture...(y)

Hi Jeff, Emotion, certainly a picture that makes you think but it needs something else I feel. Either better lighting or a slightly different pose or maybe try a monoconversion, but a good attempt nonetheless (y)

As for Complex I have to say it's a draw. I love the DoF on the sand sculpture but it would be better without so much of the sculptor. As for the rigging this certainly fits the theme but my eye keeps getting drawn to the missing bit of mast at the top right as it travels up the main mast then across. It's a great eyeline to follow but that missin bit just niggles. I like the monoconversion of both of them though. :clap:(y)

Sorry if it doesn't seem very positive :(

wow you've certainly got some complex shots there!!!
But sandthingy for me, very impressive.
I love seeing the amazing art pieces people manage to create!! (y)

Back