Project: Collective30 - Discussion

gazedd

Ding Dong
Name
Gary Eddleston
Edit My Images
Yes
I reconsidered doing a 365 recently but after my previous one I certainly would like year off.

So I came up with a little project instead, 30 Guest photographers reserving 1 day of the month and blogging a shot that they taken on that day.

This is a tester really, can the idea work well enough to try and get 365 photographers? I think it can but wished to see if 30 people would give it a go.

So what's in it for you? Well you will be part of a really nice pilot project and as part of the description I would love for you guys to promote your own blogs/365/websites and open up your visitor list.

So, I think if we can get 30 photographers to list their name and a preferred day of January for them to blog, we will keep it in a separate thread with NO chat, if we cannot get 30 people in the short space of time then obviously we will move it on to Feb.

my idea is to format the post as follows:

[picture]
Name:
Description: (why did you shoot the shot etc)

If it's a success then I will seriously consider setting up a website for a full year (2012) and automatically nominating the 30 users for a date in the calendar of their choice.

P.S, for me I just want to see if a silly idea I had in my head could actually take off.

Let me know what you think please.
(Honest criticism or idea's welcomed as always)

As discussed in IRC
I'm up for this, put me down for the 12th which is eve's birthday so I won't forget :)

excellent, when i few more respond I will set to collate dates and keep them up to date so we don't have the possiblity of double booking.

Yes please Gaz. I don't mind date wise... it's my anniversary on the 10th so maybe the 10th would be a good choice but I'm easy on! :)

I'd like to also clarify that you do not need to be currently running a blog to be a part of this, It was just a suggestion in case you had one and wanted to promote it...
(a few questions of this nature have cropped up in other channels)

gazedd said:
I'd like to also clarify that you do not need to be currently running a blog to be a part of this, It was just a suggestion in case you had one and wanted to promote it...
(a few questions of this nature have cropped up in other channels)

I'll have a go, make it near the end somewhere

I'm in! I'll have the 6th :) As it's my birthday! :D

the date is yours, regardless if a more "serious" photographer comes along. The point of this project is to test the waters and see if a 30 consecutive days can be done collectively, to add depth for people and to show the world through 30 different eyes in 1 channel.

Nice one Gaz, nice use of Google spreadsheets! :D

C'mon folks, let's see if we can make this happen...!

We also need a brave soul to go first, I obviously really want to do this and try to set the "tone" or "style" of if but I need to keep myself reserved in case someone backs out or cannot post for one reason or another. And Hopefully if everyone can keep to their date then I will get the bonus date of the 31st Jan*.

*optimistically presuming we will get 21 more volunteers

Could you put me down for 23rd please? I apologise in advance for very amateur shot on that day!

Graham, It's not about being a pro or anything. Everyone can use their day to promote their shoe for all I care. This is about Photographer's being able to effectively be a "Guest" and shoot and talk about ANYTHING they wish to hopefully a larger audience than they may normal be able to under normal circumstances.

You will also note from the link above that I have an Email column, if and when we get 30 photographers, I will give you the option to provide me with your email address (which will be hidden from public) so that I can email you a reminder the day before your selected day.

Note this will be optional and will not be kept for any other purpose's.

If it's open to non-UK residents, I'm in too. Any date other than the 1st and 2nd is good, you pick one :)

I would like to have a go at this please. Prefer not to do tomorrow if possible but if no-one else volunteers in time I'll do it

Els - provisioned for the 8th
Raathistle - provisioned for the 2nd

Up to date list with user's who has advised they are flexible:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...N4V1lTYXc&hl=en&single=true&gid=0&output=html

We need to find the remaining people by tonight, I understand it's NYE but a simple pm to your fellow/close friends on TP might get this off the ground for tomorrow.
If not we will have to postpone to Feb.

Hopefully it won't come to hat but i'll mark you down as flexible - thank you

I'm pregnant so definitely won't have a sore head tomorrow and will volunteer to go first if you like.

I dont have an active blog but if you need someone to do tomorrow , or any other date, I could do it.

I see someone has just volunteered for tomorrow. Keep my name for any other date you need someone

Last edited:
Go on then let me know the date and I'm all yours. Crosses fingers that it's not raining on said day ;)

I'll do Sunday 16th although that will be when I can take the picture. Might be a couple of days before you see the result .......... is that a problem?

I could be interested in the 28th.

Can you clarify a couple of things:

a) Is the shot to be taken on the same day as posting, or just during that month?

b)I presume the idea is to blog about the photo taken rather than anything else?

Can't offer any reciprocal links as I don't blog, but I'm happy to take part otherwise.

Back