PROJECT THREE - MagicMynx's magic chair

No Probs, can you PM me the delivery details and i'll get them in the post today or tomorrow.

Cheers

Thats the magic arm and clamp in the post, sent it recorded this afternoon.

Nat,

I have just put your radio trigger together WITH buttons etc. It is working a treat :) Two large buttons, one for focus and one for trigger plus hold trigger for 3 seconds and it goes to bulb then press focus to release. Oh and another button for power plus 3 LEDs yellow for ON, red for trigger and green for focus....

Will post pictures tomorrow :)

wicked :D thank you so much!
I'm really excited!

Nat,

I might just post the radio trigger and receiver to you next week so you can use them for a month. I am sure they will be of benefit to you even without the rest.

Basically you plug the receiver module into the remote socket on the camera then press the power button till the red light comes on.

Then there is a black box which is 3 inches by 7 inches by 1 inch. On this box are three LEDs and 3 buttons. Press the red button and the yellow light comes on. Right everything is now armed.....

Press the left button and the camera focuses plus the green light on the box and the green light on the receiver flash just to acknowledge it is working.

Press the right button and the camera triggers plus the red light on the box and the red light on the receiver flash again to acknowledge it is working.

Lastly press the right button and the red light comes on but keep it held and after 3 seconds the red light goes out. Release the button and the camera stays in bulb mode......... To release just press the left button.

I think you will get as much from this box as the rest of the setup (y)

It is made of ABS plastic, does the box need covering in foam ???

Just sent a small donation to your paypal Darren. Keep up the good work. Great to see this carrying on and gaining pace.

Just sent a small donation to your paypal Darren. Keep up the good work. Great to see this carrying on and gaining pace.

Cheers, Nat WILL have hers for the Chester Zoo meet as she is coming to Chez Cowasaki the day before. She will already have the trigger by then though.

:D :D OK, if you're sure :D

The plastic box should be ok, anything that can get cold very quick (like metal) is better with foam. If it's the same kind of plastic as other triggers, that's cool, it won't cool rapidly so shouldn't hurt as much.

Silly question...but the buttons are fairly easy to press aren't they? I tried to pull the trigger on a water pistol the other day and I wasn't able to move the trigger at all with my finger. I felt like a prized pratt :LOL:

:D :D OK, if you're sure :D

The plastic box should be ok, anything that can get cold very quick (like metal) is better with foam. If it's the same kind of plastic as other triggers, that's cool, it won't cool rapidly so shouldn't hurt as much.

Silly question...but the buttons are fairly easy to press aren't they? I tried to pull the trigger on a water pistol the other day and I wasn't able to move the trigger at all with my finger. I felt like a prized pratt :LOL:

THIS is half the reason I am sending the box to you first. IF there are ANY problems with it such as the buttons requiring too much pressure then it gives us plenty of time to fix the trigger before the end of July.

I have built it to take a 9V battery and you have had some rechargeable ones donated !

omg what an amazing thing you are all doing I dont get paid til wednesday but will send you a little then if thats ok ?

THIS is half the reason I am sending the box to you first. IF there are ANY problems with it such as the buttons requiring too much pressure then it gives us plenty of time to fix the trigger before the end of July.

I have built it to take a 9V battery and you have had some rechargeable ones donated !

Darren, I'm trying to obtain some nice large buttons for you, I'm just waiting on a supplier to get back to me. These are raised weatherproof plastic buttons so pressing them would simply be a case of putting a hand/arm/other body part onto the button to press so very easy to operate. Hopefully they'll get back to me this week.

K

Darren, I'm trying to obtain some nice large buttons for you, I'm just waiting on a supplier to get back to me. These are raised weatherproof plastic buttons so pressing them would simply be a case of putting a hand/arm/other body part onto the button to press so very easy to operate. Hopefully they'll get back to me this week.

K

Fantastic, this is the only outstanding bit at the moment. Do they do a latching and non latching version and do they do a DPST version?

Fantastic, this is the only outstanding bit at the moment. Do they do a latching and non latching version and do they do a DPST version?

I remember you saying they were the hold up. Yes, yes and yes :) Also different colours and things, I am trying.

Thank you Ka$h

Your welcome, I just hope I can twist their arm enough. Failing that, I just need to find a distributor where I don't need an account and I'll buy the things and donate ;)

I remember you saying they were the hold up. Yes, yes and yes :) Also different colours and things, I am trying.

Your welcome, I just hope I can twist their arm enough. Failing that, I just need to find a distributor where I don't need an account and I'll buy the things and donate ;)

You are a star :)

Just realised that the joystick is metal..........

Ordering some thinner foam to cover that too.

Quick update on the buttons, I have had a supplier call me this morning and he's sending me 5 buttons (one latching) in various colours and things in the post as a free sample ;)

I should get them Monday/Tuesday here at work. Darren, if you could drop me a PM of where to send them on before Monday I'll get them turned around and sent on to you as soon as possible.

K

Quick update on the buttons, I have had a supplier call me this morning and he's sending me 5 buttons (one latching) in various colours and things in the post as a free sample ;)

I should get them Monday/Tuesday here at work. Darren, if you could drop me a PM of where to send them on before Monday I'll get them turned around and sent on to you as soon as possible.

K

OK sorting now....

I think it hit home a bit last night, how wonderful the conversion will be.

I'd gone out for a shoot with a couple of friends and hubby was helping me. I got the shot that I wanted - or near enough anyway, but getting the vantage point was insanely difficult. Hubby putting the tripod up, getting the tripod even higher than I was, being a good 2-3 feet between me and the camera because of the tripod...that was the bit that people could see, that was the visual side of the struggle. The other side was how difficult it was painwise and hoping that I don't spasm and knock the tripod over, then the increase of the white hot fire feeling, the shakiness that I had during and after..those kinds of things.

When I have the conversion almost all of those issues will be gone :D *happydance* It really is going to make a world of difference. Sincerely, thank you everyone, to all those who have contributed in any way and those who wanted to contributed but weren't able to, but especially thank you Darren. You really are a star.

Right, two buttons here, the others to follow in the post I'm told. I'll send them as one to you Darren when I receive them:

4763989170_68151716da_d.jpg

^^^ Gotta love iphones and flickr apps :)

Remember everyone, if you want to see the photo chariots and say hello to those involved we are all meeting up at the Chester Zoo meet in August (see my signature). There were lots of people that said that they wanted to meet Julian and Nat but not that many booked on the meet yet.

I'd really like to be there as I've followed this thread and Wheels original one from the start (and I'm always up for a day out with other happy TP'ers) but we've got a prior on a barge trip with friends but I hope you all have a great time and I can't wait to see the pics.

Andy

Darren has asked me to let you know i am selling a Nikon 16-35 F4 AF-s ED G VR lens in the for sale section, every £ over £725 i achieve on the sale price i am donating to the fund my asking price is £775 so if you are looking for a wide lens please take a look.

We've finally had a delivery from Manfrotto of the last bits of the jigsaw for Nat's setup. So just need to do some drilling of the metal plate and fix the tripod assembly to the plate with your down tube etc and we have a working setup for you :)

Back