Quadcopter with hd video

Quick vid of mine little while ago..getting used to it slowly.Bare in mind this is result of probably less than an hours flying time having never flown before let alone a 4 channel quad.

Thats a Roswell video in the making....

I got a Phantom 2 Vision+ yesterday! great bit of kit and so easy to fly.
I got it from Quadcopters.co.uk who do an hours flight training for £60 which is worthwhile as they go through all the settings.
Had a fly round the park today which was great fun, and you get videos from it too!

I've got a bit of a project in mind for next year when I've had a bit of practice, which should be interesting.

I love mine.
Get up high quickly and keep away from objects.
There are no trees at 200 feet.

Vision Plus on 720p and 60fps (but plays at 30fps on youtube...)
I am still frequently astonished how the gimbal acts like a tripod in the sky with almost no discernible movement.

Last edited:
Well, that was short and sweet, took it for a flight today, all was ok then the ipad flashed up a battery not communicating message. I put it into fly to home mode and it sailed off out of sight. Just as it was going off into the distance it lost connection with the ipad, and that was the last known point of contact, which is where it said it was located when I tried the 'find my phantom' map.
It looks like I'll be sticking to land based photography in future.

Had a flyaway on my Phantom 1, i wrote my phone number on it and someone found it 4 miles away! Have only used it once since then not got the guts to use it. Now gathering dust lol

Well, that was short and sweet, took it for a flight today, all was ok then the ipad flashed up a battery not communicating message. I put it into fly to home mode and it sailed off out of sight. Just as it was going off into the distance it lost connection with the ipad, and that was the last known point of contact, which is where it said it was located when I tried the 'find my phantom' map.
Had a flyaway on my Phantom 1, i wrote my phone number on it and someone found it 4 miles away! Have only used it once since then not got the guts to use it. Now gathering dust lol

Not a lot of faith in the return feature . I guess this is when insurance comes in handy . A lot of money to just watch flying away and nothing you can do about it .

No, I didn't realise what a massive risk flying these is.
You can get third party liability insurance through the British Model Flying Club just by joining.
There's a section on the website for equipment insurance, for if it gets lost or stolen, but they won't cover you while it's in flight. I would guess that's the same everywhere, but I didn't get that far.

If you know which direction it was heading, and a rough idea of remaining battery %, you may be able to work along that route searching for it, if you haven't already. Also mention it to your local police station. It may get handed in, so you can soon match it to the serial number which should be on the box.

Was the home point set when you turned it on? (The series of about 20 rapid green flashes?)

I've given up on it now mate, onwards and.....well not so much upwards.
A lot of the direction it took was inaccessible, across the railway etc (Derby Carriage Works etc.).
I never thought about the Police Station, worth a try I guess.
The home point was set and I did a return to home to make sure everything was ok before it went flyabout.

I've given up on it now mate, onwards and.....well not so much upwards.
A lot of the direction it took was inaccessible, across the railway etc (Derby Carriage Works etc.).
I never thought about the Police Station, worth a try I guess.
The home point was set and I did a return to home to make sure everything was ok before it went flyabout.

Fair enough. I've had a few close calls but have avoided flyaways on mine so far. They seem to end up several miles further on than you'd expect. It's worth asking the old bill and the carriage works, nothing ventured and all that :)

Back