Rant, rant, rant.. it really gets my goat...

Going to the South Coast for a few days later in the month and planned to go to the Battle of britain Museum at Hawking - until I saw this in the T&C...

In keeping with common practice, on grounds of both security and copyright, we regret that no cameras, video recorders or any other types of recording equipment (including notebooks) are allowed in the Museum

Really - security of what? What a joke!

Reading their website the 'common practice' they mention makes me wonder if it more to do with their insurance policy.

Had a quick look at Tangmere Aviation museum site has no such statement.

I wonder what Hendon and the IWM say/do about photography???

IWM sites.
" look out for signs telling you where photography or filming is not allowed"

RAF Hendon allow cameras but AFAIK only for private non commercial use unless arranged beforehand.

Reading their website the 'common practice' they mention makes me wonder if it more to do with their insurance policy.

Had a quick look at Tangmere Aviation museum site has no such statement.

I wonder what Hendon and the IWM say/do about photography???

Appreciate there may be areas not to photograph but a blanket ban - for security? And when I rasied this on theor FB page they deleted the comment!!

IWM Duxford have had no problems shooting, same with East Kirkby, IWM Hendon and Old Warden!

They seem very paranoid, people have taken pics of the doors and security apparently, well, a notebook and pen could also mean I could come away with similar info. Their policy seems to be along the lines of "you cant take pics in this park as my children are here and you may be a p****!"

Last edited:
Back