really peed off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
kevin
Edit My Images
No
went to a local park today to get some photos of the waterfall they got there and before i even got my camera out i was hearing whispers behind me ..so just looked around and there was one woman giving me some really dirty looks ..so after asking the lady if there was a problem she replied ..you could be a paedophile. i was gobsmacked so just carried on..about ten minutes later i noticed i was being followed by 4 gents ..everywhere i went they went but kept a distance ..as soon as i got a camera out to take some photos they came over and said they were dads of children in the park and if i dont leave the will smash my cameras and then do the same to me ..there was no children about but fearing damage to my equipment i left ..but im not feeling good at the moment about the whole thing ..even contemplated giving it all up .. how do you guys deal with this :shake::shake:

Should say that it is a public place and if they have any problems that they can contact the police and that if they do give any threats again or do touch your equipment or you that you will call the police and take legal action.

I know it can be intimidating but really should be no need to leave the place.

It's a sad fact of life,
but it's going to happen I'm afraid.

Personally, I am VERY cautious about where I get mine out.
(Oi, I mean my CAMERA :D )
I wouldn't even consider taking a picture anywhere near a park, swimming pool, the beach etc (unless it's empty of course!)

Don't give it up.
Just be sensable about what/where you take pics of (y)

Carry a Luger (Pistole Parabellum, 1908) - the stylish, retro looks of this DWM-manufactured pistol designed by Georg J. Luger and based on a Borschardt design combine excellent ergonomics and build-quality...
The 9mm parabellum rounds have very good penetrative characteristics up to 100m.

Favoured technique is a 'double-tap' (two shots fired in quick-succession) to the torso and one in the head after they're down.

Never fails.

Buy Luger - the nasty Bugger's choice...

Luger.jpg

Should say that it is a public place and if they have any problems that they can contact the police and that if they do give any threats again or do touch your equipment or you that you will call the police and take legal action.

I know it can be intimidating but really should be no need to leave the place.

This is all well and good, but how would 4 drunken/drugged up chav idiots react if you said that to them?
They ain't going to turn around and run away are they?

You are right of course, but chances are they were ********s, as they threatened the OP.
Sometimes it's better to swallow your pride and walk away.

Or batter them all with a monopod :D

i did call the police ....basicly i told them if there was a problem then by all means call the police and il wait around ..i was told they didn't want me about so could i leave before they made me leave ..i had no mobile on me at the time ..i was at least 150 meters away from any child

oh yer the police when i got back to my car they said it wasn't a priority and but will make it out when they could :shake:

And once again Arkady has the best advice :D

And I would have called the police in front of them. Would have almost certainly shut them up. People are stupid, daily mail readers like these imbeciles even more so.

I also love (but have never had the chance to use - I look too young to look creepy :p) the line 'I get paid to take photos of kids all day, why would I want to take photos of your ugly kids for free' :D

Last edited:
oh yer the police when i got back to my car they said it wasn't a priority and but will make it out when they could :shake:

Pretty reasonable really, given that you weren't in any danger at that point. Sounds like they were just a group of yobs looking for an excuse. If it wasn't you, it would have been someone else for doing something else.

Always carry business cards, if it happens again smile politely and introduce yourself using your full name, hand them a business card and tell them what you have come to photograph and why.... the time it takes for you to do this will give them long enough to realise how much they are over-reacting.... P****'s don't generally hand out business cards.

You can't use 'reason' with c-units - just effin' shoot them...it's better for everyone in the long run.

Why should I waste money handing out business cards? Why should I have to justify myself to chavvy scum?

Bullets. Three per chav. Job Done.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that's the way it is these days, the law supports you if you break the rules and ignore you if you obey them but complain about the former.

Go back with some BIG friends. :LOL:

Sad as it is that it happened, I think you made the right move by just getting out there. They hardly sound like the most rational people out there so calling the police probably would've just escalated the situation and left you up **** creek until the police arrived...
If you walk away you can always go back and get the shot another time when there's less in the way of brainless ********s about. That's going to get a whole lot more difficult if you're in hospital having a camera surgically removed from your arse :D

had my cards on me ..i tried to explain why i was there but they wasn't interested ..just made you feel like a p*** and very low ..i even tried the line that i was married with children..but didnt want to listen

Paranoia, it seems to be getting worse and worse. :(

The media have done a stunning job to sensationalise any problems with paedophiles out of all relation to reality. :( You would think with the amount of people who have cameras now that it would be getting more realistic, alas there will always be those that are ignorant and misinformed.

I think you were right to beat a retreat in that situation sadly. Sounds like these idiots were not open to reason or discussion.

Easy to say, and unsurprising if you couldn't be bothered, but find a Policeman (if possible) and say that you had been threatened. Whether they would be of any help, or even sympathetic to your situation is another thing, but better than doing nothing. :shrug:

If these chaps were so worried about their children, makes you wonder who is looking after them while they were stalking you. :bang:

@Arkady, the luger is just awsome, i don't go anywhere without mine :p hehe.

@ford1, i feel your pain! Luckily for me it hasn't happened yet, but i certainly wait for it wherever i get my camera out. I got my camera out at the beach with an 80-200 on the end of it, it looked so conspicuous that i really expected somebody to say something, i got nothing said to me though!!
I think it really depends on your area and of course the choice of location, i think if i was photographing in a park around Peterborough nobody would have a problem, take the camera out in Leicester however and you're likely to get a beating. It's totally stupid of course! But it's just how people have been brought up i guess.
Just imagine what your parents would have said to you about strange men with camera's, i think modern society is definitely slowly killing off photography in certain places.
Steve.

I woulda told them to go **** themselves

Last edited:
Do kids fully clothed actually turn these type of people on?

I do Like Robs method. how much do 200 rounds of amunition cost compared to 200 business cards?

I would told them to go **** themselves

Me too , why should some bunch of ******s spoil anyones leisure time ?

I tend to find people like this soon back off if you give 'em as good back , if they dont then a slap often suffices

I do sympathise with you as its obviously ruined your day and why should they get away with that ?

I'd phone the Daily mail newsdesk and see if they print it as a story..............

This is all well and good, but how would 4 drunken/drugged up chav idiots react if you said that to them?
They ain't going to turn around and run away are they?

You are right of course, but chances are they were ********s, as they threatened the OP.
Sometimes it's better to swallow your pride and walk away.

Or batter them all with a monopod :D

Yeh i guess it depends on the area really, with the way things are these days i dont really blame them but they shouldn't be to quick to point the finger, you could have been in their view of the kids for all you know ;)

HELL YEAH! Excellent idea man, i bet they would too.

not a chance, they wouldn't want to disagree with the normal feelings of their hand-wringing, p***-and-immigrant-terrified readers. if it had been the police that had stopped you, they love that, because they can blame it on 'new labour' or 'useless PCSOs' ...

Last edited:
went to a local park today to get some photos of the waterfall they got there and before i even got my camera out i was hearing whispers behind me ..so just looked around and there was one woman giving me some really dirty looks ..so after asking the lady if there was a problem she replied ..you could be a paedophile. i was gobsmacked so just carried on..about ten minutes later i noticed i was being followed by 4 gents ..everywhere i went they went but kept a distance ..as soon as i got a camera out to take some photos they came over and said they were dads of children in the park and if i dont leave the will smash my cameras and then do the same to me ..there was no children about but fearing damage to my equipment i left ..but im not feeling good at the moment about the whole thing ..even contemplated giving it all up .. how do you guys deal with this :shake::shake:

Get my mobile out and phone police, there and then, to report an assault. In law one only needs to feel threatened to be assaulted...not actually hit

I think the OP made the right decision. When faced with the situation of 4 against 1 it is always best to walk away unless you are Bruce Lee and then your camera may still be damaged. It may of been different had you actually been pointing your camera at the kids then they may of been entitled to ask why you was doing that but having 4 guys follow you and then threaten you is out of order totally.

I never shoot around kids unless I have previously asked for permission first (football) I think these guys were just looking for trouble. Keep your head up high man.

Standard 9x19mm ball (Parabellum/NATO/Luger) costs about 20p (US $0.26) a round if bought in boxes of 500.
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produ...on-umc-124gr-flat-nose-enclosed-base-leadless

Buy in bulk for greater discounts or self-load: costs a fraction of the amount and means you can tailor the propellant-load to you own requirements.
Military-grade ammunition is a lot harsher to fire as it has a bigger load than commercial 9mm...

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/cPath/23_61_118/products_id/432

Current NATO standard is the same as the US M882 ball ammunition:

Cartridge designation: US M882 ball
Cartridge OAL:1.165inches or 29.591mm
Powder used: HPC-26
Powder weight used: 6.0 grains
Case Mouth Pressure: 31,175psi (avg), 36,250psi (max)
Bullet weight: 112 grains
Bullet length: .610 inches or 15.494mm
Bullet velocity: 1263fps measured @ 15 feet

ITEM: 9mm Ball, DODIC A363, NSN 1305-01-172-9558. This round has a 124 grain Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) projectile used for anti-personnel and training. The cartridges are packed in 50 round cardboard cartons, M2A1 ammunition boxes, then wire bound boxes.

This is a pretty 'hot' load, roughly equivalent to P+ and will wear out a pistol barrel after about 50,000+ rounds.
Lower-spec 'training ammunition is available, but most military and police don't bother with it as supply problems mean it's no cost effective to stock both types.
Also available is sub-sonic ammo for supressed or 'silenced' weapons.

Most NATO rounds are between 115 grains and 124 grains and should move at around 1190fps.

More than adequate for chav-hunting...

Last edited:
not a chance, they wouldn't want to disagree with the normal feelings of their hand-wringing, p***-and-immigrant-terrified readers. if it had been the police that had stopped you, they love that, because they can blame it on 'new labour' or 'useless PCSOs' ...

You have a fair point there, what is this world we live in!! Makes me sick.
Steve.

You can't use 'reason' with c-units - just effin' shoot them...it's better for everyone in the long run.

Why should I waste money handing out business cards? Why should I have to justify myself to chavvy scum?

Bullets. Three per chav. Job Done.

This post just made my day :D

Possibly not the most eloquent solution, but I can't criticise the effectiveness :LOL:

For those who are wary of carrying firearms - they are illegal after all, as is shooting chavs for sport (but not self-defence - though you will be subject to firarms offenses)...

These are the sharp-pointy things you are not allowed to carry:
http://www.bkcg.co.uk/guide/prohibited/

Please notice that locking 'safety' knives such as my Gerber (http://www.gerber-tools.com/Gerber-Vallotton-Serrated-Edge-22-01527.php) aren't prohibited, even though many people (including UK Customs and many Police officers) think they are...

Carry a Luger (Pistole Parabellum, 1908) - the stylish, retro looks of this DWM-manufactured pistol designed by Georg J. Luger and based on a Borschardt design combine excellent ergonomics and build-quality...
The 9mm parabellum rounds have very good penetrative characteristics up to 100m.

Favoured technique is a 'double-tap' (two shots fired in quick-succession) to the torso and one in the head after they're down.

Never fails.

Buy Luger - the nasty Bugger's choice...

Luger.jpg

put me down for one of those do you take paypal or would bank transfer be ok:LOL::LOL::LOL::bang:

Whilst I may have wanted to tell them to stick it I think the OP made the only sensible decision given the circumstances. Had he have given them abuse and the situation turns physical we would have got a pasting and lost his kit. As others have said I may have been tempted to call the police in front of them but it depends on the situation.

Such a sad situation really...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back