Recommendations for online storage

Name
dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve got far to many photos and videos from my drone and need somewhere I can store them, I gave a 5tb drive for backup etc but I’d like lossless or full res storage with the anility to download the full album back at full resolutio to my computer, I’m getting bored of using memory sticks and stuff
any recomendations?
ive got Dropbox, photobucket, Flickr at moment but each has benefits but failings also

I use iCloud which is around aboht 10 a month for 2tb;

Other option would be Microsoft family; gives you 5 accounts which each have 1TB; it’s about 60 a year.. cheaper. Much cheaper.

I doubt it’s the way I’ll go though as I use Photos and 2TB is just enough for me

Yeah some of these vids are 4K and 5gb+ I have icloud, 2tb but it’s not enough lol have a few devices using it, my image sizes are only in the 12mp sort of range 40d and Mavic pro

If you have Amazon prime photo storage is free but they only give 5gb of video storage free
It's not really free, you are paying for prime subscription.
If they didn't have the cloud storage for images I wouldn't pay for the subscription.

use code 42, unlimited storage and a neat backup feature that i cant forget to use so im always covered

It's not really free, you are paying for prime subscription.
If they didn't have the cloud storage for images I wouldn't pay for the subscription.

I had prime for years before I even knew about the photo storage so it’s free for me as I would have prime anyway.

I had prime for years before I even knew about the photo storage so it’s free for me as I would have prime anyway.
Fair enough. I only got prime after then started offering the unlimited image storage. Before that i didn't really care much for it.
These days missus also makes use of prime video and the music. So it's pretty good value for money overall. If it was just delivery I'd have never subscribed.

Ah I was getting confused with Amazon drive (which I thought was unlimited but it’s a weird set up that won’t sync properly!)

It is Amazon drive that you get access to with prime subscription.
Haven't had a problem actually.
I have set it up to sync/backup the folder LR imports to. So as soon i import my keepers they are all backed up to the cloud with no issues.

The software is a bit flaky at times in that it crashes etc but doesn't really bother me since I only need it running when I import new photos. Rest of the time I could care less about it's status.

Basically it works well enough to be incredibly useful without being annoying. That's good enough for me.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I only got prime after then started offering the unlimited image storage. Before that i didn't really care much for it.
These days missus also makes use of prime video and the music. So it's pretty good value for money overall. If it was just delivery I'd have never subscribed.

I only got it for next day delivery. We use Amazon a lot and previous to having prime spent over £200 on delivery costs over about 6/7 months.

I only got it for next day delivery. We use Amazon a lot and previous to having prime spent over £200 on delivery costs over about 6/7 months.

:eek:

They used to offer free delivery on orders over £20 when I didn't have prime (which I believe was increased from the initial £15)
That made us wait before ordering things which meant we spent lot less money than we do now!

Prime is makes things far too easy to get hold of things :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
:eek:

They used to offer free delivery on orders over £20 when I didn't have prime (which I believe was increased from the initial £15)
That made us wait before ordering things which meant we spent lot less money than we do now!

Yeah but it wasn't next day for us the ordinary free delivery over £20 would take 4/5 days but it may be different in other parts of the U.K.

4/5 days was too long for us as we tend to use Amazon for things we need immediately so we always ended up paying for next day.

Last edited:
Yeah but it wasn't next day for us the ordinary free delivery over £20 would take 4/5 days but it may be different in other parts of the U.K.

Used to take 1-2 days for us. Wasn't a huge issue.
I can same day delivery with a lot of items on prime in my location.

Used to take 1-2 days for us. Wasn't a huge issue.
I can same day delivery with a lot of items on prime in my location.

Yeah being in N.I and not having any Amazon warehouses here that actually have stock just distribution centres means that delivery takes a lot longer as everything comes in by plane and the free slow delivery is very slow. We found a lot that it would take them a couple of days even to ship using the free delivery method so always took at least 4/5 days.

Thanks to this thread I now know I have free Amazon storage. I'm just uploading 18,000 photos.
Thanks to Dave & Tommy.

Well Im just looking now at this and see that I can add albums but then you can't upload direct to an album? Looks like you have to upload all the pictures you want in an album, then create the album, then select everything you want in the album, then add to the album. Bit of a balls even if its "free"

I searched <STORAGE> and came across this thread because I need to rationalise.

I've got a "legacy" Plus100 Plan at Photobucket which I seemed to fill to capacity some years ago and so stopped uploading. The images are still there - apparently some 36000 of them and 134Gb and whilst I'm paying a legacy subscription to keep them there I can't upload any more without taking out a new subscription.

I've got photos, some photos, in the family Onedrive account.
I've got photos in SSDrives around the house.
And of course I've got photos sitting in a laptop having been edited and (probably) ready for offloading to storage but....

to continue to invest in SSD units or to re-invest in photobucket OR Onedrive?

What I'd like is the facility to feed photos to a digital picture frame which would connect by wifi to my home router. This would seem to point me in the direction of more home storage, possibly a WD Cloud type unit. On the other hand photobucket will give me a slideshow which would do the trick, pointing to a tablet simply running a photobucket slideshow?

I'm certainly not the first.....

I have Amazon Prime, Dropbox, One drive, i Cloud, Bull Guard, Adobe CC and I use very little of their storage just a bit of One Drive and Drop box mainly for sharing but my main back up is to a NAS (WD Cloud). Only Bull Guard and Adobe cost me anything but I am paying for other facilities not storage.

Dave

Back