Red Fox

Name
Wendy
Edit My Images
Yes
k1awpy.jpg

Nice fox! How did you get so close to it? Is it tame? You have chopped the top of its ear off unfortunately.

She comes to get food form me most days.... and when she has cubs she shows them
to me as well.... she has been coming to me for 4 years now
the cubs all stay untill Nov ish

yer i did not get the top of the ear in the shot ..... shame

excellent rare pics here great!

Nice pics. 4 years is actually pretty old, in theory they can live for up to 10 years but 3 years is typical in the wild - if they don't get within 300 yards of a farmer protecting his stock:)

rrquja.jpg

The 3rd pic is Tiddler he was my favourite .. don’t see him anymore
He went off to find a mate ....
The 2nd one is Charley he is a this year cub i still see him
With him it’s as if he come when i call him
The 1st pic is gipsy she is 3 years old daughter of Red she is still around and has had cubs
And the 4th pic is of Red she has had 3 litters of cubs that i know about
And this year will be her 4th the cubs arrive around March but she does not show me them until
Around end April May time.... they come to see me at my place of work
I hope to get some good shoots of the cubs this year

Fantastic set I hope they keep coming for many more years.

It's strange how people want to destroy what they have no use for

I thought we were discussing the photos not how to kill foxes
Garry I am not sure you know what you are talking about.... as foxes do not kill for the sake of killing.... they store food away for when they need it... the way they kill my not be to your taste.... but nor is the way you so Easley would kill them yourself to my taste.. i cannot tell you what i would like to do to you...... now if you would like to discus my photos then i will be happy to restive any comments..... But i will not have you spoil my post..... You are in tilted to your opinion but this
Is a photographic forum

I thought we were discussing the photos not how to kill foxes
Garry I am not sure you know what you are talking about.... as foxes do not kill for the sake of killing.... they store food away for when they need it... the way they kill my not be to your taste.... but nor is the way you so Easley would kill them yourself to my taste.. i cannot tell you what i would like to do to you...... now if you would like to discus my photos then i will be happy to restive any comments..... But i will not have you spoil my post..... You are in tilted to your opinion but this
Is a photographic forum
Well, I'm sorry if you feel that I've spoiled your post, that wasn't my intention and I did say that I think you've got some cracking shots there.
Your understanding of the way that foxes live is in fact way out but I'll explain it to you via PM, and you can either accept it or not, I won't say anything more here.

Lovely shots Wendy but not so sure about your over reaction to Garry's post tbh.

If you post images of foxes, you are likely to get replies regarding their contact with humans, much as if you posted images of badgers.

Having worked on farms in my formative years, I have witnessed their destructive powers at close hand and unfortunately it is not a pretty sight. Having said that, as long as they are not a problem, foxes are beautiful animals.

Keep up the good work with your visiting foxes :)

Andy

Garry has taken his post off .... so you can no longer see what he put ..for you to be able to comment.... and as i said i thought this was a photographic forum not a Debate on animal rights

I certainly don't want to get into any animal rights debates. There will be other forums or websites for those.

I do however want to thank you for sharing your shots of your little fox family. Of the pictures you have posted I think Tiddler would be my favourite as well. He is a good looking chap and looks a sure fire winner with the ladies!

Please continue posting your pics in the future.

Guys, this thread has already been cleaned by a moderator once. Please keep the comments relevant to the merits of the photos posted. We have the Out of Focus forum if you want to debate the lifestyle of foxes :)

Guys, this thread has already been cleaned by a moderator once. Please keep the comments relevant to the merits of the photos posted. We have the Out of Focus forum if you want to debate the lifestyle of foxes :)

Thank you.... as i thought this is to discus the photos not the lifestyle of foxes.... yes we are all entitled to our opinions But in the right place and here is not it..... I am stating to wish i never posted the potos now

Don't think that Wendy, they are great set of photos and not many people get the chance to get that near them either.

All the best.

shame about the Cluttered back grounds in all the shots :shrug: sort of spoils what would have been a cracking set - the last image is missing part of the ear too

a little PP could sharpen these shots up- I see a red X in your edit box so I'll not try the high pass filter in PS CS5 - much as I'd love to lol

Im sure you'll get the chance to re-shoot these- look forward to seeing them

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yer dont know how i can prevent the cluttered back grounds... as the foxes come to our yard.... what is pp and the red x what dose that mean ARE found out what the red X is now i have a Blue tick LOL

Thanks Les

Last edited:
(y)You indicated in your profile with a red x- that we cannot edit your images on thread- we do this sometimes to show what can be acheived

I have PM'd you my efforts lol

using the widest possible aperture will throw the BG out of focus a lot- whats the widest you have on the lens you used?

Les (y)

Ps I see now you've changed it lol

Wendy don't stop your post's, they are appreciated by some. Les can you show us what you did with the photos?

here you go David

Only a 10 second edit- could do a lot better if I had the time :shrug:

add a duplicate background layer- add High pass filter- adjust the levels - set to overlay - adjust contrast - add black frame -

EDITPSCS5.jpg

Les :D

Not sure if like the softer look or the sharpened up look
I do like the frame... what do others think

The sharpened up one dose help with the rubbish back ground tho

Thank you very much Les

Last edited:
Personal taste I guess- the BG could be blurred in PP- just takes some time

Always glad to help a fellow Togger Wendy (y)

Les :D

I like it Les, could the eye be lightened a little? I think that would improve it a little more. Thanks for the post/PM

yes the eye could be adjusted in curves/Levels I just dont have time is the honest answer David :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Les (y)

Thanks Les, it was more of a question as to whether or not you think making the eye lighter would improve it/or not.

Yes I suppose it would- not my image so not wanting to get too involved- feel free to have a go though :D

Les (y)

Lez - I like the quick fox, I mean fix!

Wendy - PP stands for post processing where you can help change many things in your pictures to help tart them up. If you are like me then it will be quite difficult to start with but unless you are an experienced photographer that can get the perfect exposure most of the time, it will help you make the most of your pictures and have some great ones to remember them by in the years to come.

And if you are finding the PP tough there are many great forums like this one with experienced people to help. I should point out I am not one of them. There is a whole forum dedicated to post processing questions. If you are looking for help the good people on here will point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

i would like to be able to cut him out and put him in a better back ground
but not sure how to do that

PP is a bit of a slippery slope TBH...
We all use it and it can make big improvements to good shots, but over-adjusting colours, sharpness etc just makes the photos look false - like most things in life, it's best to avoid excess.

As for cutting out of backgrounds, that takes skill and a lot of time to do well - just accept that the background is what it is. If you want to photography wild animals in a wild background then you need to go into the wilds to do it. Apart from the technical problems of cutting a hairy subject out well, the background that you choose to substitute will need to be lit from exactly the same direction, with the same type of light, to look genuine.

Back