Edit My Images
Yes
Canon 7D, 120-300 F2.8 lens +1.4TC, a/1250sec @ f5.6 ISO320

Larger link provided:

IMG_6741ss.jpg

http://www.lesmclean.co.uk/kites_6_april_2010/IMG_6741.jpg

Brilliant colours Les.

Are all these birds at Harewood?

Caramba! Colour, sharpness, pose...all spot on! Thats a wonderful image Les!

Brilliant colours Les.

Are all these birds at Harewood?

Yes they are, they were introduced at Harewood a few years ago, and a lot of them remain in that area.

Simply stunning Les :)

Every aspect, clarity, colour tone and pose, are just perfect....a wonderful shot Les.

Bob

fantastic shot, love the way the sun has pulled out its colours

Lovely light and colour on the bird, the blue sky really helps set off the colouring, and to top it off nice and crisp :clap:

Yes they are, they were introduced at Harewood a few years ago, and a lot of them remain in that area.

Thanks for the help Les.

I can feel a bus trip from the East Midlands coming on. What do you charge for a guided tour of the best kite sites:D

Last edited:
Thanks for the help Les.

I can feel a bus trip from the East Midlands coming on. What do you charge for a guided tour of the best kite sites:D

Oh I'm expensive......won't get out of bed for less than 2 pints of Black Sheep Bitter :)

lovely shot Les, great colours and the eye is sharp enough to cut yourself on.

Have you run NR on it though ? the feathers are lacking a little detail to my eye anyway ?

I did run a slight NR on it, but I think the lack of detail may be due to the crop, it's 30% of it's original size (5184x3456 to 2359x2256)

And I used Hacker's (in)famous tutorial 'Make those eyes pop' on the eye :)

Last edited:
Nice one Les - cracking pose & tones.

As said many times before Les, these are just stunning Mate :clap:

Great image.

Bob said
"In many ways a zoom lens is like a tube of hemorrhoid cream.....you hope that you never need to use it but it's a comforting feeling to know that it's there in the back of the cupboard should it be required "

That is so not fair. :LOL: Some of us cant afford prime suppositories. I'm not overly political, but notice the last six letters of the 'S' word. :cautious:

Last edited:
lovely shot, is the lens the siggy 120-300mm if so how do you find it,

Yes it is the siggy 120-300 F2.8, and although I know some folk are less than enamored with this lens, I like it a lot, it's a beast to throw around, doesn't autofocus quite as fast as a canon 300 F2.8, it's more than capable, as mentioned this is a 70% crop with a 1.4TC (canon), therefore it's sharp.

Crikey!!! I reckon i'd have messed that one up. Not good with bright sky behind. Nice one Les. (y)

Les that is a cracking image :clap: Lovely light and eye is spot on .

Back