Red Sea clownfish

Beautiful images :)

More cracking images Mike (y)

Beautiful Mike, especially that last one. (y)

Gorgeous. I learned to dive in the Red Sea and did the 'Underwater Photographer' module of PADI but TBH it just convinced me that it was best left to the experts!

Stunners mike as usual, Jan says stop teasing me

Absolutely lovely ;)

As always, stunning! Thanks for sharing.

Are these with the bug/fish eye?

These are lovely, Mike, #1 for me because of the extra environment. TFS (y)
Thanks Gav, the extra environment is the idea with this lens
Beautiful images :)
Thanks Roger
More cracking images Mike (y)
Cheers Chris
Beautiful Mike, especially that last one. (y)
thanks Dale, I know you like the odd clownfish!
Gorgeous. I learned to dive in the Red Sea and did the 'Underwater Photographer' module of PADI but TBH it just convinced me that it was best left to the experts!
Cheers James - no need to leave it to the 'experts' just someone daft enough to spend too much money on equipment!
Stunners mike as usual, Jan says stop teasing me
Ta Jeff, all the best to you and Jan
Absolutely lovely ;)
Appreciated Jak
As always, stunning! Thanks for sharing.

Are these with the bug/fish eye?
Thanks Nod, and yes, all 3 were with the bug eye lens

Mike

Beautiful...3rd image is very good.
Thanks Andy, the idea of this lens is to force the perspective as much as possible, so this was a shot I really wanted
Stunning images if you don't mind me asking what equipment did you use for these.
Cheers for commenting.

Camera is a Sony A1 kept dry in a nauticam housing. The lighting is by 2 strobes made by a company called retra. The lens itself is a weird concoction though. Its the standard Sony 90mm macro with a special 'bug eye' attachment, called the Nauticam Extreme Macro Wide Lens (or EMWL to its friends) where you get as close as possible as per normal macro, but then it has a 160 degree view to include some background. As an example, on the white anemone shot the fish was about 2 inches from the lens. You have to really get as close as you can

Mike

Thanks Andy, the idea of this lens is to force the perspective as much as possible, so this was a shot I really wanted

Cheers for commenting.

Camera is a Sony A1 kept dry in a nauticam housing. The lighting is by 2 strobes made by a company called retra. The lens itself is a weird concoction though. Its the standard Sony 90mm macro with a special 'bug eye' attachment, called the Nauticam Extreme Macro Wide Lens (or EMWL to its friends) where you get as close as possible as per normal macro, but then it has a 160 degree view to include some background. As an example, on the white anemone shot the fish was about 2 inches from the lens. You have to really get as close as you can

Mike
Thanks Mike

@pooley : Diving and underwater photography - Amazing ! . . . Great photo's of an amazing fish in an amazing environment.
I found this photo on the internet, is it you as a kid ? LoL . . .

SLR camera and lens in a swimming pool RESIZED DOWN _ 412138616_758289556324409_84659508926210...jpg

Back