Reflex Kickstarter early bird

..but no one here has said they are going to buy it or invest in it, so what does that say h'mm

I've backed it. Not for the full camera, but one of the lower pledges (a camera strap). It doesn't mean I will necessarily buy the camera at any point- it will depend on the final product and how it is reviewed, whether I feel I personally need one, and whether I can afford one - but I do hope it's a success, even if I never own one myself.

..but no one here has said they are going to buy it or invest in it, so what does that say h'mm

I think that says 'this is a film forum mainly populated by folk who all have an already large number of film cameras and probably don't need any more'. Doesn't mean that its a bad idea.

There's clearly 'features' built in that are attractive to noobs but have no desirable advantages to real world photographers (both a small onboard flash and LED light... FFS)
It reminds me of that car designed by Homer Simpson ( http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/The_Homer ), and looks about as pretty! Even so, good luck to them. I hope it's a success, and not the last new film camera we see.

I think that says 'this is a film forum mainly populated by folk who all have an already large number of film cameras and probably don't need any more'. Doesn't mean that its a bad idea.

Well Andy I would guess quite a few lurkers, newbies and a few digi guys visit here, so it would interesting on how anyone of us persuade them to spend £400 ..... if we were asked for our opinion. ;)
Anyway good luck to this new camera and hope it takes off (y)

Apparently there are enough ageing hipsters out there, it's now fully funded! My guess is they will also reach the stretch goal allowing "EXIF" to be sent to your mobile phone app.

Back