Remember Rainbow. Bungle et al...

Edit My Images
Yes
If you are old enough to remember Bungle, Zippy and George then you'll love the following... (if you are not it'll still be funny).

http://www.jokeroo.com/funnyvideos/playingwithyourballs.html

I can't decide if this was an extra unshown episode or if I can really remember bungle building a twanger?

Anyway watch and enjoy :D

I think it was done for something like Comic Relief, or something.

Excuse the copy and paste

RUDE RAINBOW?

We're often asked about the so called rude Rainbow, clips of which have been shown on the Channel Four programmes, TV Unzipped and TV Offal. The clip can now be found on the web, without too much effort. Although often introduced as the unaired pilot, this episode was actually specially made by the team at Thames Television. Geoffrey Hayes told us, "The VT department of each ITV company, every Christmas had a competition to enter all the outtakes from their particular companies programme out put, and see which ones were the funniest. But ours wasn’t an outtake, we specially did it. It was specially scripted and we did it and I never saw it! We did it and Thames won it, but what they actually won, I don’t know. But I never saw the video. I can’t remember much about it except for Zippy with a banana." The script was written by the voice of Zippy and George; Roy Skelton.

Excuse the copy and paste

RUDE RAINBOW?

We're often asked about the so called rude Rainbow, clips of which have been shown on the Channel Four programmes, TV Unzipped and TV Offal. The clip can now be found on the web, without too much effort. Although often introduced as the unaired pilot, this episode was actually specially made by the team at Thames Television. Geoffrey Hayes told us, "The VT department of each ITV company, every Christmas had a competition to enter all the outtakes from their particular companies programme out put, and see which ones were the funniest. But ours wasn’t an outtake, we specially did it. It was specially scripted and we did it and I never saw it! We did it and Thames won it, but what they actually won, I don’t know. But I never saw the video. I can’t remember much about it except for Zippy with a banana." The script was written by the voice of Zippy and George; Roy Skelton.

So that's the answer. I can sleep happy again now (still chuckling). They must have had sooo much fun making it.

There's another episode of rainbow on the net. Its basically a proper episode but with, how you say, "amended voices". Quite funny, lots of swearing. Won't link to it. Its easy to find. ;)

Pmsl... :LOL: Never seen that one before - how did they manage to keep straight faces?

Probably quite easy for the puppets. :naughty:

:clap: I'll give you that one :D

I remember this, and I remember reading that it was for a christmas 'industry' outtakes competition (as mentioned above). Still funny though :D

Back