weekly Rick448 52 Challenge 2020 - Artificial plus technique added.

Love the colours in small.

Last edited:
Lovely image against a nice sky Rick.

Gotta love gate guards eh?
Another one behind it?

Was there space to have more space in front of the nose? I think possibly this is a shot where following the convention of having space for the vehicle to move into would work.

Nice shot.. amazing what you pass on the way home :)

I'm very lucky to have access to some great opportunities. :)

Nicely done - HDR? This Leeming area?

Thank you, no HDR, but the processing may look that way. All the shots were single exposures.

Hi Rick

Love the plane on duty, maybe a bit of contrast to lift it.

Pete

Thanks, I may try some different PP when I get a chance,

Gotta love gate guards eh?
Another one behind it?

Was there space to have more space in front of the nose? I think possibly this is a shot where following the convention of having space for the vehicle to move into would work.

Yes, there is a JP behind it. Thanks for dropping by :)

DSCF2991 1 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

The Hawk is a lovely looker to my mind. I like the second shot too with the JP. Brings back memories of Finningley air shows many years ago.

Hidden - Great spot for the them nicely captured.

Small: A nice an bright image work for me.

Snappers Choice: Lovely image a friend works on planes in fact a couple of years ago we went to a flyday with the Mini and my exhaust dropped off as I pulled in the gate so it's now held on by a nut and bolt form a hunter!

Mother Nature

Apologies for the lateness! I will catch up this week, but it's been manic at work.

Busy bee by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Signs.. just from my office window, having to make the most of any opportunities with not much time off...

Signs by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Nature,
TBH I don't think its needs to be "Any closer" Rick, as there is plenty of pollinating for the bee to be getting on with!

Signs, well I guess that's reasonably important then. ;)
I remember all the rigmarole I had to go through years ago, to "get air side" back in my driving days, many years ago.
I guess its even harder these days..

Last edited:
Your nature shot is lovely - beautifully bright and colourful.

Like @Cobra, I've not had to go airside for years thankfully. I was always convinced that is end up going somewhere where I shouldn't and get a one-way from SATCO... Staying on the areas meant (only) for cars feels much safer!

Mother Nature, nice mix of colours.
Signs, reminds me of when I worked at a military type establishment north of Salisbury, I did my airside course and had to drive across the runway twice a day and 2-3 times a week, always scared I would make a wrong turn, and worried about trusting the traffic lights!

[/QUOTE]
Nature,
TBH I don't think its needs to be "Any closer" Rick, as there is plenty of pollinating for the bee to be getting on with!

Signs, well I guess that's reasonably important then. ;)
I remember all the rigmarole I had to go through years ago, to "get air side" back in my driving days, many years ago.
I guess its even harder these days..

Thanks, rules for airside access are rightly strict, our station is actually airside, so I spend most of my time in that environment.

Your nature shot is lovely - beautifully bright and colourful.

Like @Cobra, I've not had to go airside for years thankfully. I was always convinced that is end up going somewhere where I shouldn't and get a one-way from SATCO... Staying on the areas meant (only) for cars feels much safer!

Thnaks, the plants are in our back garden, I hadn't noticed how many bees where on there until I went up close.

Mother Nature, nice mix of colours.
Signs, reminds me of when I worked at a military type establishment north of Salisbury, I did my airside course and had to drive across the runway twice a day and 2-3 times a week, always scared I would make a wrong turn, and worried about trusting the traffic lights!

Thanks Clive, I agree, it can be a bit daunting driving on a runway, we don't have traffic lights as such, I trust my radio and Mk1 eyeballs as much as ATC :)

They've made it plane and simple.
I do think that the sign could do with a bit of a revamp.

Nature - Nice and bright image I like it as it is to be honest.

Sign - Works for me just enough of its surroundings too.

Lots of nice textures and detail Rick.
It works well.

The contrast of the new slightly puny padlock with the chunky rusty gate bolt adds interest.

Nice juxtaposition of the very new and shiny lock with the old and rusty bolt.
Lots of nice textures and detail Rick.
It works well.
Doesn't look all that secure to me, I suspect that lock could be smashed with a decent thwack of that Bolt(?)
Good use of DoF to lose the background.
Nice DoF, love the textures in the gate frame.
The contrast of the new slightly puny padlock with the chunky rusty gate bolt adds interest.
Secure
Great rusty colours and textures.
Thanks all, i'm hoping for a bit of a catch up over the weekend if we get a day off :)

Personal - this was given to me when I retired from my old job,

DSCF3082 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

That's very nice, which fire and rescue service? I was retained with Hampshire.
Found it, Humberside
thanks Clive

Yeah Humberside :)

Last edited:
Back