RIP Matt Hancox (TP member)

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Its with great sadness that I have to report, that I've just been informed that Matt ( MWHCVT )passed away earlier this month, and yesterday was his funeral.
I didn't really know him that well personally, I've only met him twice, but for those that did ( and those that didn't) you will know that he was a very talented photographer,
with a wicked sense of humour.
He has had some health issues for sometime, but I'm not aware of the circumstances of his passing.

RIP Matt.

Last edited:
He was a great asset to these forums, a excellent photographer and a good laugh the few times I met him. Will be very much missed.

He will be sorely missed, His how to guides are excellent as were the TP meet ups we had. they were fun and informative with like minded people...

RIP buddy

He was a good lad on and off the forums, and whilst I never met him, we often had some great chats on Facebook. Saddened to hear this news though as I knew he wasn't doing too good, but not to this extent.

RIP mate, you'll be missed!

I heard tonight from steelo about this... Very sad.... Although I never met him I had many a good conversation with him and yes knew he had issues but he was always positive about them and seemed to be combating them... Sad news guys.....

Talented and all round Nice chap

RIP Sir

Very sad to hear. RIP Matt,

RIP Matt, :(

RIP Matt, you've been around here a long time and will be missed.

That's not something I expected to see, helpful guy such a shame,

What a shock, and a shame. He was a long time member of TP and at one time a very prolific poster. Loved his light painting and night photography and I had many a chat over Skype with him over the years.
Rest in peace Matt.

Never met him in person but enjoyed his "company" on here.

Breathe easy, Matt.

He had serious health issues but just basically ignored them and didn't let them affect his life. I only met him a few times but he impressed me a lot, and I'm saddened by his loss.

RIP Matt.

A shock to see a name I have seen so regularly here since I joined has passed away. A sad moment.

RIP Matt. Thank you for the laughs on TP meets, over the net and at your house when I screwed up my camera and laptop. Your kindness will never be forgotten.

This is really sad news. I don't frequent TP much nowadays but to find out that one of the stalwarts has sadly passed is a real shock. I was lucky enough to spend time in his company a number of years ago and have to say that he was a much talented photographer and all round good guy.

Shocked at reading this, I commented recently on a thread he started and from what I recall he seemed to imply he was over the worse. Sad news.

Last edited:
Never knew him ,seen his posts though .R.I.P Matt

This is so sad, I was only thinking of him a couple of weeks gone when contemplating some star trail photography once the lockdown is eased. We only met once but i have a great lasting memory of him. Such a great guy always willing to offer him help.
Rip Matt.

RIP Matt, genuine shock :(

Just found out today..... Shocked and saddened. I met up with him and Daryl a few times when I was over in Stratford upon Avon. A larger than life character in more ways than one... and an all round good guy.

Such sad news that I’ve just this moment received from another TP member with whom I attended a star trail meet organised by Matt in 2012 whilst I was in the UK.
That was the only time I met him but yes he had a passion for photography and was very talented, offering tutorials on here and generally offering advice to anyone who needed support.

Condolences to his family.
Rest in Peace Matt.

I have to say this is a bit of a shock, never met him but I thought his light painting and wire wool shots were terrific. RIP

Sorry to hear this, RIP Matt.

Met him once on a TP meet that he organised and he gave me good advice on here several times, a really nice helpful guy, a sad loss.

Hi Everyone,

I haven't logged onto the forum for a good few years. However i did stay in contact with various members, one being Matt. Matt was one of the first to greet me on this forum when I joined as a complete amateur several years ago and I had to come back to honour him. I only recently found out about his passing and I was absolutely shocked and gutted. Such a caring and great guy.

RIP Brother. You will be missed.

He was a nice guy and a stout forum member- He will be missed by many

Les :(

Only met him once at one of the TP meets he had organised, found him knowledgeable and helpful RIP Matt.

I didn't know him but the name is certainly familiar from the forums, I've come across his posts here and there - RIP Matt

I didn't know him but the name is certainly familiar from the forums, I've come across his posts here and there - RIP Matt
We probably all have an imagined picture of people we have never seen.

Back