Road accidents website

I was with Directline line for a full 13yrs, and had the house with them for 7 yrs.

Not with them no more, they wanted £1400 for the X5 I now drive. Need this to transport mine and mi bros helis.

:eek: I try and avoid DL after they raised my premium to 1800 (business ins) I said no and got covered for half that, day afterwards they ring me and say oh sorry we've now lowered it down to match ... Yeah right you thieving scum whatsists!

Forbiddenbiker said:
:eek: I try and avoid DL after they raised my premium to 1800 (business ins) I said no and got covered for half that, day afterwards they ring me and say oh sorry we've now lowered it down to match ... Yeah right you thieving scum whatsists!

I did get it down to £741 so almost half, but this was with church hill.

I Evan swoped my house insurance over Evan though there was 7 months left, just because there put it up over double. Then saved £30 a month on that as well, so now they lost a loyal customer.

Last edited:
faddius said:
Quite near to the fosse way as well, that road is full of idiots, cars and bikes :(

Yep, fosse way, watling street (A5) and the A45 are all nearby and all are not roads I enjoy driving. Too many mutters in underpowered cars trying to do moves in places that ha e 'deathtrap' written all over them.

The ACPO guidance for GATSOs was +10%+2mph. There's nothing in statute.

That is correct. Nothing to stop a successfull prosecution for being 1 mph over the limit.
I think the tolerance of 10% + 2 mph has got a lot to do with the police/CPS trying to avoid being swamped with cases to process.

When red light cameras (they used film back then) were first introduced in Glasgow they soon had to be set only to trigger when the red light had been on for 3 seconds because the volume of vehicles that ran through when lights had just gone to red caused the film to run out in no time.

Well, the car is not on the wrong side of the road but the bike is. :shrug:

That's where they all ended up, yes but not necessarily the situation when the accident happened!

That's where they all ended up, yes but not necessarily the situation when the accident happened!

My original point was that blame is irrelevant as the biker gets hurt as does the car but cars can be repaired and don't feel pain. The biker had two badly broken legs and was taken away by air ambulance. I later found out that the biker had taken the bend too fast and lost control. I've no idea if he was prosecuted or not but hope he wasn't as he had already suffered enough. :shrug:

I took the pic just a few minutes after the accident and posted it on Flickr and here which caused a bit of a stir on several Landy forums (here too) :LOL: The Westmorland Gazette liked it though :cool:

Hope you enjoyed the profit you may have made from somebody's misery.

I thought it was a 3+10% rule, can't see how they can prosecute if u were doing 32.

That is correct. Nothing to stop a successfull prosecution for being 1 mph over the limit.
I think the tolerance of 10% + 2 mph has got a lot to do with the police/CPS trying to avoid being swamped with cases to process.

Quite.
I was went to court for doing 54mph in a 40mph zone, only I wasn't. I proved the speed camera was inaccurately used and using their film footage proved the maximum speed I could be travelling was 41.4mph. (basically I only exceeded the speed limit when they moved the camera from the front of my vehicle, down the side and along to the rear).
Was it thrown out - Nope the copper insisted they had a zero tolerence to speeding and the court did me 3 points, £100 fine plus costs.
The police then took and 'lost' the film footage I had proving the LTI20-20 could be inaccurate, as I had a couple of national papers awaiting the outcome.
It's then that you learn from the triumphant copper that they have full membership of pepipoo, try to match posts against upcoming court cases and the Scamera Partnership is just that. It's a partnership of the Courts, police, highways agency etc and it's all stacked against you.

Why wouldnt he, the press do it for a living and not just the likes of the gutter press either, the BBC are good at it to.

Why not? I didn't cause the misery.

Back