weekly robj20's 52 2019 Week 14 Smooth

Hi Rob,

Object - Some kind of clicker? Oh. A fidget thing. An odd looking thing indeed.
Wet - Quite an odd effect (at least to my eyes) where the droplets look like indentations to me (y)
Free - I find myself wanting to see more of the building on the right.
Entrance - Works for the theme.
Young - Sorry, a bit of a snap. I'd like to not have the foot cut like that and placing the head on the top third would have helped you do that. Cute little lad though with a sorted hairstyle :)

Hi Rob,
Young - Sorry, a bit of a snap. I'd like to not have the foot cut like that and placing the head on the top third would have helped you do that. Cute little lad though with a sorted hairstyle :)

Understood but not much i could do as he was slowly sliding off the seat. Hes only just started sitting up.

Week 13 Food, did the Ullswater Way at weekend very long walk and just had to use something from the day. I was hoping to find some mushrooms or something but nothing turned up.

Week 13 Food
by treboraj20, on Flickr

Great concept for the Food image, really works well (although I may have tried to get the whole of the sign in the shot).

Food
A good bit of thinking outside of the box. I like the perspective, with the tearoom in the background.

Rob

Catching up with Comments

Cold, Fabulous picture, love the orange boat which contrasts withe the overall blue of the photo. No idea where it is, but looks nice.

Waiting, nice take on the theme, lovely little chap, he's not waiting for his food either, you need a dog for that!

Rough, can't argue with that, perhaps all the brick surface should be sharp as it's all rough.

Object, not sure what it is, but it fits the theme and colours work well.

Wet & SOOC, Nice I really like that image.

Wk10 Free, nice image but I want to know what was off to the right, so sort of building at the edge.

Entrance, good fit to the theme, the road leads in well and I take it that the path also leads to a gate.

Young, Its that little chap again. not waiting to fall asleep.

Food, an on theme image not including any food, very low in calories.

Pete

Week 14 Smooth, well to me it is, but for most and certainly anyone that knows the drink, this will be an ironic photo.

Week14 Smooth
by treboraj20, on Flickr

I've tried getting into whisky a few times. Sometimes I can get flavours from it and I like it, but 90% of the time it just tastes like pain and burning :LOL:

The image works well for me. I can't figure out why, but the perspective almost makes me feel like I'm looking up at the bottle, which I really like! Nice simple composition with a nice textured background that adds interest without being distracting. Well done Rob.

It's something a hugely struggle with when doing photos like this the background.
I did purposefully shoot upwards slightly, to add interest and mostly to avoid the weeds that are growing right below the frame. Lol

Id have liked a smooth background but i couldn't find anywhere.

Big whisky fan here - and I do like a good Islay single malt. This is a good shot of an ok "entry level" offering from Laphroaig. I was supping Bruichladdich's Octomore 9.1 in Edinburgh yesterday which takes Peaty Islay to a whole different level. But at £16 a shot so it should haha! (hic) :D

FOOD - I too like the idea behind food - tea and muffins etc
SMOOTH - I suppose there are smooth whiskeys but the ones I have tried just burn me gob! Anyway, smooth drink set against a textured bg works well!!

FOOD - I too like the idea behind food - tea and muffins etc
SMOOTH - I suppose there are smooth whiskeys but the ones I have tried just burn me gob! Anyway, smooth drink set against a textured bg works well!!

They are all smooth to me, pretty much drink them like water. Thanks for the comments.

Food - good idea and nicely spotted. I too like the angle but I think like Jim, I may have wanted to get the whole of the sign in

Smooth - i'll take your word for it as I can't stand the stuff ;) Nicely staged and good colour to the whiskey

Hey Rob,

Food - It certainly fits the bill. I like the choice of including the post on the right hand side of the frame, to frame the shot. I may have tried not to cut off the bottom of the sign.

Smooth - I don't know that distillery, but Islay is peaty isn't it? I'm not a fan... So yes, ironic.
I do like the wall and the odd gray material the bottle is standing on. I'd have liked to have seen more of it, rather than being so tight to the bottom of the frame if that had been possible.

Rob, like your concept for smooth. Had a bad experience drinking malt whiskey and a hangover from hell ! Never been able to drink it since !

Back