Rollei 35 battery

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought a rollei 35 listed as broken for £50. Made in Germany with original case and flash. The shutter wouldn’t fire or cock. I played around with it then I heard a click and now it works! Must have release something.
Anyway I have no battery. I know it needs 1.3v to get proper exposure but I just want to get one that fits to test to see if it even works so I don’t mind using a 1.5 I just don’t know what size to get. I think it might be the px625a?

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought a rollei 35 listed as broken for £50. Made in Germany with original case and flash. The shutter wouldn’t fire or cock. I played around with it then I heard a click and now it works! Must have release something.
Anyway I have no battery. I know it needs 1.3v to get proper exposure but I just want to get one that fits to test to see if it even works so I don’t mind using a 1.5 I just don’t know what size to get. I think it might be the px625a?
https://www.butkus.org/chinon/rollei/rollei_35s/rollei_35s.htm shows a px625 - can sometimes use an LR44 with a spacer round it - have to look at connectors carefully to make sure of polarity and how to insulate. A zinc/air hearing aid battery can give a closer voltage to the banned mercury cell. The actual circuit used will determine if the voltage is critical.

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is correct. (y)

Name
Fraser White
Edit My Images
Yes
Also - I had the same problem as you had - when I got the shutter working the speeds were massively inaccurate, especially slow speeds. I got the camera CLA,d and works beauty now :)

wontolla

Misery Guts Monica
Name
I'm not a Misery Guts and Monica is not my Moniker
Edit My Images
Yes
...and me, not used it for years...:(