Rox’s 52 Week Challenge

I think you got it to work nicely and there is no shame in using photoshop.
Interesting to watch the vid that Stan (@rpn) linked. Doesn't Gavin look young, and to note just how much flash equipment has changed yet stayed the same.
That’s really good to hear. Sometimes feel there is a lot of pressure to have to get it right SOOC!

That’s really good to hear. Sometimes feel there is a lot of pressure to have to get it right SOOC!
God knows why. Even in the age of film the photos were edited in post production.
Dodge and burn relates to the brightening or darkening the exposure selectively in the darkroom, cut, paste and crop were literally that, again in the darkroom.

Sure, try to get it close, but raw files always need something (even if it's just some level of sharpening). .jpgs are just files that have had a factory decided edit applied :)

Week 26 Mother Nature
I would like to thank you Mother Nature... homemade jam with fruit picked that very morning... so yummyC21872F4-A256-4B31-8ECE-F976A67D137D.jpeg

Week 23 Hidden
This guy was so happy chilling just behind the tree. My first outing since lockdown at Whipsnade Zoo.B7E69F27-F678-453A-A8D6-07A36C78703E.jpeg

The jam certainly does look yummy! A nice composition.

I'm not too sure how long that Jan would last in my house, it looks lush.

Yum that jam looks great and I like that you have it mid-pour. Makes the image more dynamic.

Hidden: For a minute I thought you were based in Canada or something. He looks very happy there tucked away in the trees. Nice dappled light.

Mother Nature is a great take on the theme, looks yummy indeed :), that's a well hidden bear, I wouldn't want to come across that!

Great jam shot. Looks lovely. I've just finished bottling some gooseberry gin ;)

Hi Roxanne

That jam looks good enough for a cream tea or I bet that hidden bear would love it too.

Pete

Catching up on some commenting!

Your smoke shot is a damn site better than anything I've ever managed, and your jam looks beautiful, both as jam, and as a photo!

Hi Roxanne,

Mother Nature - Something that goes on here too, late summer and the picking of fruit, bottling of jam :) Nicely done. Good use of angles.
Hidden - I bet they'd become used to not having all the humans milling about staring at them. He's certainly well hidden!

Mother Nature - Great could and texture nicely composed and set up.

Hidden he/she looks very relaxed nicely captured.

Back