Rubbish pictures, should I carry on or give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Aura
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm really fed up at the mo, I could cry :(

I have a Pentax X-90 bridge camera and I took it with me to a carnival which we usually have. I had it on TV but the shutter release still wasn't fast enough and most of my pictures are blurred (no hope of it coping with a concert then).

I thought I was good at photography but I was obviously wrong and fooling myself. I am really depressed and should give it up, who am I kidding thinking I was good. :(

I want the Pentax KR which is a lot better but it's a bit expensive. I am attracted to it because it has stabilisation in the body.

My friend had an Canon SLR and his shots were a lot better. Can anyone advise me whether It was me or the lens? Thanks.

It's hard to say without seeing the images. It could be a focus issue, or a shutter speed issue. Posting some images would be helpful. One thing I can be sure of though, it's probably easy to work out, and fix. I wouldn't give up.

To make an informed response as to where you might be going wrong, it would help if you could post up one of the images you are not happy with, with Exif data intact.

To try and make a diagnosis without an image would only amount to guesswork as to what you might be doing wrong.

ETA: Must learn to type faster.

I haven't got the software with it when i bought it off a friend of mine. I might try and go to local camera shop and see if they can download the software in anyway. I had it on TV, speed 400 under florescent light.

You don't need the software that came with the camera, just take out the memory card and download the, to the pic, or connect a USB cable. No special software other than windows needed.

You say you had it in TV mode, but this will only help if you dialled in a shutter speed that was suitable. Do you know what speed you dialled in? If you aren't sure what you are doing, stick it in auto mode or sport mode for action stuff

Most cameras don't need software. Does it not have a USB lead? If you just plug it into the computer, most cameras just pop up as a storage device and you can just drag the images off onto your computer.

Most cameras don't need software. Does it not have a USB lead? If you just plug it into the computer, most cameras just pop up as a storage device and you can just drag the images off onto your computer.

No it doesn't have a usb lead. My tower doesn't have a memory card slot. Would an external hard drive work?

Give up if it's going to make you so sad you will cry, suppose to be fun

Even when I have taken crap photos still enjoyed the day so maybe it isn't the right hobby

Last edited:
OP asked a question Dave and I gave an honest answer, really can't see the point in doing something that makes you sad and depressed, that's what work is for on a nice day when you could be out with the camera

Perhaps something like I need some help would have been more appropriate then?

Last edited:
Right, purely guesswork here....

ISO400 and 1/8000 at night would mean totally black pictures. Instead the pictures are blurry, so maybe the shutter speed is 1/8.

TV mode is what Pentax and Canon call Shutter Priority, so it should have let you select the shutter speed, and then adjusted aperture - and possibly ISO - automatically to get a correct exposure.

Ignoring the blurring, are the images exposed correctly?

No it doesn't have a usb lead. My tower doesn't have a memory card slot. Would an external hard drive work?

There must be a lead.. even if you DID have the software, how else would you get the images onto your computer? You mean you've just lost the lead?

So how do you view your pictures ?

At the mo (sad that it is) I go to Castle Cameras and they charge me £3 to put the pictures on a disk. I then put them on my hard drive and correct them if I can.

eBay, amazon, 7 day shop, camera shop, PC world, dixons, currys..

It's probably a standard USB to mini USB lead.

OP asked a question Dave and I gave an honest answer, really can't see the point in doing something that makes you sad and depressed, that's what work is for on a nice day when you could be out with the camera

Perhaps something like I need some help would have been more appropriate then?

Rich we all get despondent every now and again, why not try positive help, why tell someone give up when you aint even seen a pic, its probable something easily overcome, and giving up isnt the way to go

Im not saying anymore now, go have a look at the rest of the forum (y)

I seem to remember you posting a fair few composite images that included images you had taken :shrug: Upload using the same cable/software you used those times (y)

Hi,

To stop blur pictures here are some options.

1. Increase ISO therefore you can have a faster shutter speed.
2. Get closer to the subject as longer the zoom the more camera shakes affects the photo.
3. Shoot with steady hands / monopod or tripod.
4. Try not to shoot moving objects
5. Try using flash, but it may make the photo look flat, especially pop up flash.

Finally get a DSLR, ones that is not the latest model but previous model would be improvement to you bridge camera.

Im not saying anymore now, go have a look at the rest of the forum

Will go to bed then and was just about to offer popping a lead in the post when I went up the post office in the morning to send a lens I sold here today for my daughter

Goodnight

If by any chance the lead is wanted send me a pm with your details and i will have a look before i go out at 08.30'ish

just about to offer popping a lead in the post when I went up the post office in the morning to send a lens I sold here today for my daughter

Goodnight

If by any chance the lead is wanted send me a pm with your details and i will have a look before i go out at 08.30'ish

Thats much better (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back