Rubbish pictures, should I carry on or give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can all who look at this thread please click on the links and see if there is a common theme they can spot (Hint: right at the top, underneath the title)

Last edited:
Am I missing something here?

So stick your disk in your computer, upload to your hard drive and post em up.

As said, get a lead.

I will thanks very much for your help. Many thanks.

:)

Last edited:
Can all who look at this thread please click on the links and see if there is a common theme they can spot (Hint: right at the top, underneath the title)

What do you mean by common theme? it's travel views of the south of England.

Hi Louise, really enjoyed your travel reviews, puts my work to shame!

Seriously, its me that should be giving up not you.

PS
Get a lead or a Card reader.

Hi Louise, really enjoyed your travel reviews, puts my work to shame!

Seriously, its me that should be giving up not you.

PS
Get a lead or a Card reader.

Thanks that's kind of you. These are places I have been too and you can write about what your experiences are like so other fellow travellers can find out what is like before they go.

I love photography and my depression goes because I am concentrating on something else. Anyone else here have it? Have included some links of famous photographers who are sufferers.

Thanks all (y)

http://blog.aftercapture.com/2010/03/14/youre-not-alone-all-photographers-suffer-fromdepression/

This is the weirdest thread I've seen in a while. I honestly can't tell if the OP is a troll or not, or whether some of the most recent replies on this page are sarcastic or not.

What I do know, however, is that if this person didn't have a female username, they'd have been given far more flack than they have.

To the OP, I hope you solve the problem, if indeed you are for real.

Last edited:
Totally agree but actually have enjoyed seeing it develop and grow.

If the OP is listening it would be good to see some of your photos :wave:

This is the weirdest thread I've seen in a while. I honestly can't tell if the OP is a troll or not, or whether some of the most recent replies on this page are sarcastic or not.

What I do know, however, is that if this person didn't have a female username, they'd have been given far more flack than they have.

To be fair if it was a man the responses would have been more like this(3 mins in)...

[YOUTUBE]DMIxnF_n4lk[/YOUTUBE]

I still don't get why anyone thinks it isn't for real..
Yes she wants everything handed on a plate and spoon fed to her, but she has also claimed she has learning disabilities.

She has been a member of the forum for quite a while and there doesn't appear to be any malicious intent to any of her posts.

I think some posts in this thread by other supposed well regarded members are way out of line TBH.

I am real. Louise Is a girls name which derives from the French. This thread got bent out of proportion because there were some idividual idiots determined to cause trouble. I have blocked thos. :razz:

Lets get back to talking about photography please? :)

Yes she wants everything handed on a plate and spoon fed to her, but she has also claimed she has learning disabilities.

I think some posts in this thread by other supposed well regarded members are way out of line TBH.

sir because they are out to cause trouble, and minipulate other people.

She has been a member of the forum for quite a while and there doesn't appear to be any malicious intent to any of her posts.

I am never nasty to anyone, there's no point. Treat others as you would like to be treated. yesterday I got really upset and dreaded coming onto this thread, every time I got a notification because I didn't know what nasty comment I was going to find next.

I am very weary about asking questions on here in future sad to say because I thought this was a friendly forum. Not all members were nasty, but there was some idividuals deterrmined to rub my nose in it.:cautious:

so lou you been able to snap any more pics? or get a means of a lead yet :) cant wait to see some of your work :)

Hi I might get a card reader off Amazon. They are selling it for £14 in Castle cameras and I can get one a bit cheaper off Amazon.

Can members start albums on here please?

nice you wont regret it one bit lou, i use to transfer pics via usb lead with the canon software but since getting a card reader its sooo much easier and quicker, you will love it when you get yours :)

yes you can add albums, thats another thing i need to get round to and find out to do lol be nice for someone to poke us in the right direction lol :D

LOL I guess you just answered my question with your last reply as that wasnt there when I wrote probably because I had just read all the thread since my last reply I should have hit the refresh button before asking :)

hey lou found out how to add pics to your album, here on your profile next to your reply, under your name/pic etc see the green light its the one just before your skype button (the 3rd one from the left) click that and that will take you to your gallery, then there click my albums then there is an option to add a new album :D or add new photo's :)

hey lou found out how to add pics to your album, here on your profile next to your reply, under your name/pic etc see the green light its the one just before your skype button (the 3rd one from the left) click that and that will take you to your gallery, then there click my albums then there is an option to add a new album :D or add new photo's :)

Louise has to get them off the camera firstly (y)

Ok,

To answer th OP

Should i give up - NO!! Carry on. It takes a long time to learn

Read books (understanding exposure is a great book, also, the photographers eye is another great book)

Get out, take photos, review your photos and seek critique. You may not like what you hear but it will make you a better photographer. Listen, learn, improve.

Ignore the idiots!

No one picks up a camera and takes amazing photos. It takes time, practice, failures and winners to build up the skills and understanding of such a complex hobby. Every photographic situation brings new challenges so you have to call on your knowledge and skills. These skills and this knowledge can only be acquired over time and by experience. Keep going.

Louise, don't forget to check out those videos on youtube I linked to. They are really good at getting over the basics of photography.
I have just got the dvd from their website too, have a look(y)

Darrin

ok chaps and chapesses, I think Louise has the information & motivation she needs from this thread, so going to close it as there is no point it carrying on when people are coming in, reading the first and last pages and missing out some stuff in the middle and posting accordingly.

Louise, you can always start a new thread if you have more questions. ;)

As for the troll comments - this forum prefers to give friendly, informative answers to a troll [until we have proof they are indeed such] who at least seems to appreciate them, than was unfriendly and openly nasty to someone that might actually be a genuine person with a few issues. Shall we keep it that way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back