Daily ~Sam~'s 365 - one day at a time

:hugs2: have you been kidnapped by Rex and all those drunken toys

Rather nicely exposed & sharp swan.

That second one is really odd, it does look like 2 shots from different days stitched together.

Thanks, Sarah! :)

Harpooned!!!! Haha like it Simon!.... Sam you done that to keep them still didn't you!

Damn you for not needing 2p! I guess it's a good thing I didn't get anything... All the jigging would have made for some very dizzy shots lol

That 2nd shot is quite impressive :grin:

LOL, T - I actually keep a harpoon gun in the beck of the car just in case I find a bird I want to photograph....that woman the other week had the shock of her life when I turned up in the shopping center!! :LOL::LOL:

some more brilliant shots Sam ..... love that one of the lake with two different weather types over it - brilliant :clap:

Thanks, Carol and great to see you back again! :clap: Looking forward to having a look at your photos! :)

Where is Sam???

Indeed - we are missing you honey :hug2:

:hugs2: have you been kidnapped by Rex and all those drunken toys

Hi!! :wave: It's been a slightly mad, slightly fraught, slightly disorganised week here so kind of let some things slip a little!! That coupled with one crappy 'not quite right photo' after another meant that I concentrated on other (sorry, but it's true) more pressing issues!

Looking forward to a catch up over the next day though:)

So, I can finally relax into my weekend and have some time to myself!! :)

I got out a little and stayed in a little and all of these could probably benefit from more time or attention, but it's been busy and I am just pleased that I have faithfully taken one a day even though I was tempted to say s-d it once or twice!! :LOL:

Sorry I haven't commented on your photos over the last few days, normally I try to do it every day.

I tried a bit more of that street stuff! :LOL:

365/71 - It's Over THERE! by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Then it rained and no-one was out and I remembered Easter Eggs are now on sale....

365/72 - Gun Totin' Kitty by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Good to see you back Sam!
The first I'd like to see in B&W.
I like the reflection in the fourth! Bloody rain! I'm heading to a track day today and this rain will make things interesting!

So pleased you haven't run out on us ;)

Like Jake, I'd like to see the street one in mono

The gun - he's got it upside down :LOL:

Eggs is well exposed and lit - just not very imaginative

And could you not have found something prettier in a reflection :LOL:

Good to see you back Sam!
The first I'd like to see in B&W.
I like the reflection in the fourth! Bloody rain! I'm heading to a track day today and this rain will make things interesting!

Thanks, Jake! :)
I'll take a look at the first in B&W and see how that turns out - good luck with the weather today. I'd been thinking about going down to Trent Bridge but it's chucking it down here so that's out :shake:

So pleased you haven't run out on us ;)

Like Jake, I'd like to see the street one in mono

The gun - he's got it upside down :LOL:

Eggs is well exposed and lit - just not very imaginative

And could you not have found something prettier in a reflection :LOL:

I'd let you guys know if I was stopping, not do a midnight flit! :) Going to look at the first photo this morning.....and the gun is not upside down!! :razz::LOL:

Now off to see what I've been missing:)

Good to see you still here and your rambles..... It is starting to get alot tougher isn't it.... Ideas creative blah blah blah..... Any way I hope you ate the choc!! I agree seeing street in mono.... I quite like your street ones and often worth doing them colour and mono just to see what works where!
Puddle....... Well that just sums it all up doesn't it lol

Glad to see you back Sam :D :clap:
Love the shots and know what you mean about he weather and how it can knock the inspiration to do anything :(

Good to see you still here and your rambles..... It is starting to get alot tougher isn't it.... Ideas creative blah blah blah..... Any way I hope you ate the choc!! I agree seeing street in mono.... I quite like your street ones and often worth doing them colour and mono just to see what works where!
Puddle....... Well that just sums it all up doesn't it lol

MY rambles? :thinking::LOL: it's been a bit of a nightmare, many other things going on at the moment and it just doesn't seem to stop, so inspiration is certainly lacking...and I didn't even eat the chocolate! It's in the fridge :crying::crying::D

Sam where you been.............keep smiling and clicking Gal

Thanks, Vince! :) I will be clicking!

Glad to see you back Sam :D :clap:
Love the shots and know what you mean about he weather and how it can knock the inspiration to do anything :(

Hi, Carol, Thanks for the comments! This weather is SO bad...it rained all weekend, but at least I can shelve the locations I had in mind until a time we see a liver of sun!

Glad to see you back Sam, with a good set as well & yes it is getting harder to get inspiration, not helped by the rubbish weather we're having which doesn't help in getting out with the camera.

Thanks, Sarah! :) Not only is the weather bad, but so are the places I work! :LOL: :LOL: Worse thing is, seeing a couple of great sunsets but with nowhere to stop on the way home, so they are photos in memory now!

So, I had great intentions of catching up with everyone at the weekend and I am so sorry that did not happen. I have given myself a slap on the wrist and will do the rounds this week, so have some great evenings lined up with lots to look at! :)

We have quite a lot going on here, which is unusual as life is normally fairly even-keeled, so it's a bit different at the moment.

Anyway......another day in and another day looking around for something to take!! :LOL::LOL:

365/75 - My Smallest Camera by ~sammi~, on Flickr

But filling as well! Almost didn't take anything at all yesterday so this was a point and shoot in the most basic sense........couldn't do anything arty with it as the smell was just too enticing and, sometimes, eating is more important!! :LOL::LOL:

365/76 - Filler, But Filling! by ~sammi~, on Flickr

...it was very misty and, as we all know, ANYTHING slightly out of the ordinary in this country brings traffic to a stand still! :shake: So, I took this out of the window of my car - not quite a gorgeous scene over countryside, but sums up how it looked and a record of the journey!

365/77 - Misty Mornings.... by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well that was an interesting catch up, it's great to see that even with the less than interesting weather that we've had in the last week or so you've still found some interesting things to take photo's, love that bit of street, and oddly I find myself draw to the puddle, maybe because it's about all I've seen recently

Just catching up again, where is the time going at the moment! Like the shot of your little camera, you'll have to do one that shows the bird as well. I also really like that misty morning shot. As you say it's a record of your journey on a rotten day to drive, but I also love the red brick of the buildings and the green that contrast with the fog.

Well that was an interesting catch up, it's great to see that even with the less than interesting weather that we've had in the last week or so you've still found some interesting things to take photo's, love that bit of street, and oddly I find myself draw to the puddle, maybe because it's about all I've seen recently

Sorry, Matt, I don't know how I managed to miss your comments! I'm glad you liked the catch up and know exactly what you mean about seeing so many puddles over the last few months! :)

Just catching up again, where is the time going at the moment! Like the shot of your little camera, you'll have to do one that shows the bird as well. I also really like that misty morning shot. As you say it's a record of your journey on a rotten day to drive, but I also love the red brick of the buildings and the green that contrast with the fog.

Time is just slipping by these days! :LOL: Thanks for the comments, Sarah...I will get round to the little bird some time! Glad you like the morning shot as well! :)

OK, so I had a meeting in Derby today...a little strange as I worked there about 12 years ago and haven't visited that part of town for a while. Unfortunately, the meeting went on longer than anticipated so I had less time to wonder about than I thought and even stranger was that I saw things I hadn't before!!

So, today's is another bloody church..... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

365/78 - Derby Cathedral by ~sammi~, on Flickr

I swear, I have never paid as much attention to these buildings as I do now I am doing this project!!! :D

Really like the perspective on this - the brick·stonework is amazing

Really like the perspective on this - the brick·stonework is amazing

Thanks, Sarah!:)

I don't know why I never think to visit churches for photos. I've always felt kind of weird taking photos in graveyards too!

Honestly, Jake, there are some amazing and beautiful graveyards - I have a favourite not far from where I live with the most fantastic memorial stones etc, I also have my own code of ethics, so never trample across where someone is laid to rest (I know it sounds daft, but that's just my way) but I also feel that others do this to praise the departed and would be proud that we see it and memorialise it, so continue to visit.

Many churches are, architecturally, fantastic places to visit..see, the one today is right by the center of town with no real grounds, but just looks amazing!

I have to say that I have a thing for churches & graveyards as well, some of the architecture is amazing.

We went up to Derby last year and liked that one, didn't get too close, as they were collecting & I don't mind giving for the choir or building funds, but they were taking people to a table & you had to fill in forms or something or play a game just to donate to the choir & they kept pestering, which was a nuisance, I'm sure they would have raised more with a collection bucket as people were crossing the road to keep away.

As with everyone I love the tiny camera and would love to see it feature again!
The foggy scene works well and totally shows how the uk is lately!
Adore your recent church..... My sort of angle looking up like that!. (y)

Oh and in reply to your rambles.... You do.... You explain your day and thoughts with your photos... How you struggle or short of time etc.... It's good to hear and something we can all relate to (y)

I have to say that I have a thing for churches & graveyards as well, some of the architecture is amazing.

We went up to Derby last year and liked that one, didn't get too close, as they were collecting & I don't mind giving for the choir or building funds, but they were taking people to a table & you had to fill in forms or something or play a game just to donate to the choir & they kept pestering, which was a nuisance, I'm sure they would have raised more with a collection bucket as people were crossing the road to keep away.

Thankfully, no-one was collecting for anything yesterday! I never even saw it when I worked there, which is weird, but my world consisted of the office and wherever I could get lunch! :LOL:

As with everyone I love the tiny camera and would love to see it feature again!
The foggy scene works well and totally shows how the uk is lately!
Adore your recent church..... My sort of angle looking up like that!. (y)

Oh and in reply to your rambles.... You do.... You explain your day and thoughts with your photos... How you struggle or short of time etc.... It's good to hear and something we can all relate to (y)

Thanks for your comments, Trace - the camera was one of those 'oh crap, I need a photo' shots so I am pleased you like it and it turned out kind of OK! Yup, we are just shrouded in fog and depressing weather...bloody snowing this morning and we are forecast more for the weekend which means it will be worse in other areas :(

Anyway, will stop now as starting to ramble on......:LOL::LOL:

.....pretty much sums it up! Kind of like looking for Spring and happy days and dealing with this load of crap......I swear, even Mother Nature is having a hard time and when I drove to work in snow I seriously started to wonder what was happening!

365/79 - Dead and Alive by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Bit of a filler, but you are probably sick of seeing me say that!!! :LOL:

Great angle on 78 and the clouds look amazing! Also really liking the colours in 79.

Agree with what's said! It really does sum up our weather and how we feel! (y)

I like 79 , Dead and Alive comes to mind , great colours Sam

What is a Filler ??

Thanks, Vince! I believe a filler is a photo you use when you either have nothing else or can't be bothered (or are unable) to do anything else...kind of a fill the space with whatever....so, in this case, I had nothing else and couldn't be bothered! :LOL:

Blimey - they are looking a bit sorry for themselves :(

I know, poor things - I felt quite sorry for them! :) They're stuffed in the front of a chalk board type of thing outside the hairdressers and I wish they'd put them out of their misery!

It certainly sums up the weather this year.

Thanks, Sarah -I thought so in terms of Spring just can't stay - as soon as she gives us flowers, they get hypothermia, bless 'em!

Agree with what's said! It really does sum up our weather and how we feel! (y)

Thanks, T! Can't believe it's due to snow yet again! .... I stocked up on the essentials on the way home....bought a bottle of vodka and some coke, just in case I get snowed in!:LOL::LOL:

Thanks, T! Can't believe it's due to snow yet again! .... I stocked up on the essentials on the way home....bought a bottle of vodka and some coke, just in case I get snowed in!:LOL::LOL:

My kind of lady:D
Nice colours in yesterday's, the weather is definitely sore on flowers at the min.

Back