Daily ~Sam~'s 365 - one day at a time

Bucks - but hoping to do a day trip to London - it's the girlies complete Holy Grail :D

....and I might be next!!

Never known one crappy season to go into another one like this...blue over a 5th of the sky is cause for celebration these days!!

So, I know the scientists debate this, but for the purposes of today's snap (and it is just a snap)....the snow killed off the dinosaurs!! Blasted snow!! :razz:

365/82 - It's the Ice age, Innit!! by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Bucks - but hoping to do a day trip to London - it's the girlies complete Holy Grail :D

Sounds good - been ages since I was in London (used to be there all the time and recently, none of the time!!) - hope it stays OK for you while you are over! :)

Noooooooooooo the poor dinosaur! Nasty white stuff you should be ashamed! :-D

love the photos so far Sam :) but favourite has to be the smallest camera :) :clap:

Noooooooooooo the poor dinosaur! Nasty white stuff you should be ashamed! :-D

If it helps, T, no dinosaurs were harmed during the making of this...! :LOL:

love the photos so far Sam :) but favourite has to be the smallest camera :) :clap:

Thanks, Carol! :) That reminds me, I still have to see if I can get a presentable one of the bird in the back of that thing!

.....a lovely photo of my gorgeous boy. Unfortunately, he wasn't in a good mood and I was suffering from can't-be-arsed-itis so, with no further ado, we show you.....moody-Bobby!!

This does not show him at his best! He is usually very affectionate, but, like any other cat, will just be a pig when you want him to look his best!

Technically crap, not a great composition, but he's my baby and deserves an outing once in a while!!

365/83 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

I love him! We lost our other cat just over a year ago, and this one is a polar opposite, but I love them both the same! Mind you, looking after this one is like looking after a baby!

Lovely work Sam ,

Thanks, Vince! :)

I like both of your rainy shots Sam! I also like the shot of Bobby! He looks cute :D

Thanks, Jake - he is sometimes cute! :)

Love the extinction shot, wish I'd thought of that one!
As for the cat, he really doesn't look happy :)

Thanks, Sarah - to be honest I wish I'd spent more time with the extinction one, but I was in the front garden (I won't even go into what I was wearing, but it was casual to say the least) flinging a plastic dinosaur around. I'm lucky I didn't get a visit from a certain type of doctor!!:LOL: Just think I could have done more with it. My cat is never happy when I wake him up and tell him to look at the camera! :)

Awwwwww he's cute!!

Thank you, T! :)

He's so much blacker than my cat :D

Well, OK, Sarah! :LOL:

My Jess would like your Bobby, Sam. She takes great pleasure in hunting cats and putting them to the top of the nearest tree:D:D

My Jess would like your Bobby, Sam. She takes great pleasure in hunting cats and putting them to the top of the nearest tree:D:D

Yeah, he'd probably love Jess for getting him up there and then spend the next three days trying to work out why she hadn't come back to feed him! :LOL:

Thanks, for the nice non-confrontational post, though! :razz:

My cat.......will kill your sanity in about 3 minutes. So there. Feel free to take him in and try it out.:p

(pleeeeeeeze)

Yeah, he'd probably love Jess for getting him up there and then spend the next three days trying to work out why she hadn't come back to feed him! :LOL:

Thanks, for the nice non-confrontational post, though! :razz:

My cat.......will kill your sanity in about 3 minutes. So there. Feel free to take him in and try it out.:p

(pleeeeeeeze)

:LOL:

OK, today was busy (thanks for piling that on, bosses) and I didn't have much time so took this on my way back to the car - although I have spotted it before and liked it, had it on my list to take at some point.

Tried to make it look kind of 'old' given the date and the subject.

365/84 - oldy-worldy by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Nice to catch up Sam, I love your ice age dinosaur (y) very apt (y) I do like the idea of looking at part of a building over it's entirety in the form of the bull ring and the church, this is something that I should try and do more :thinking:

Well spotted & the processing works well. Why don't we detail buildings like this any more, most are so dull.

Thanks, Sarah - I know exactly what you mean. Nottingham, for example, has a real mix of beautiful architecture and pure crap!

Like it Sam! :) nice spot!

Thanks, Jake! :)

Ooh ace processing really suits it Sam! (y)

Thanks, T- wasn't sure it worked, but am fairly happy with it at a second look.

So, for one reason or another, I didn't take a photo on Day 85, so took this the next day - made it generic in a way as wasn't in the same place as I was the day before. First day I'd missed and felt bad, but went back to the things I said before and the things I said to others....MY 365 done MY way!!! :D

Quite liked the patterns of the stones on the ground, so snapped away.

365/85 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Everyone, but everyone takes a photo of the statue of Robin Hood - I never have before and decided to get in a little closer...may not work for some, but kind of looked better than the others I got!

365/86 A by ~sammi~, on Flickr

My fav would have to be the abstract effect of the stone floor, works well

Spent Thursday running all over the Midlands, so didn't get much time alone with the camera....spotted this shot and came over all philosophical or existential or whatever I thought I could pull off - came home and realised what was in my brain didn't make it to the camera! :bonk: Anyway, the idea was that you can see the promises of better weather and bluer skies, but it's like it's behind a gate or something you can't get through to enjoy it!

Now, you just need to remember that it had been cloudy and raining for the rest of the day as well! Again! :LOL:

365/87 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

So, this is the inside of the camera charm I put up the other week. It's the best I could get so will have to do!

365/88 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Day 87 totally works Sam but could you just knock the fence down and let it through!!!..... Gorgeous POV

88.... :love:

sadly, it was before and after I went out!! :bonk::LOL::LOL:

Woke up fairly early and it seemed so bright and nice so decided to go to a local park. I swear, between getting the car out and leaving, we went from bright skies to sleet and crappy skies :razz:

Determined to go where we decided and had a lovely walk about - this photo was taken from a bridge overlooking the adjacent transport museum. Of course, as soon as we went towards the exit, things improved enormously! :eek:

365/89 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Back