Daily ~Sam~'s 365 - one day at a time

At last - shame about the wind, and the lighting!!! Just got excited so am posting, but may work on it a little and replace!!

Anyway.....daffodil! And, to the lady looking out of her window....thanks for the wave!! :wave:

365/112 by ~sammi~, on Flickr
ETA - needs a bit of work now I see it!! Looked brighter before - back to the drawing board with this one!! LOL

Last edited:
I missed day 111 - love that one, and todays works quite well for me. If you brighten it too much you might just lose detail in the petals :)

I missed day 111 - love that one, and todays works quite well for me. If you brighten it too much you might just lose detail in the petals :)

Thanks! :) I know what you mean about lightening too much and haven't really had time to have a go at it today anyway - might have a slight play but if it doesn't work I am fairly happy with it looking back, I just thought the petals looked a little too grey somehow.

Glad you liked 111! :)

I don't have kids and NEVER take photos of kids (not because I think someone will come after me, but because I don't take many photos of people in general) - however, it was the St Georges's Day parade in Nottingham today and I happened to be working there so went to have a look. This youn un looked so unimpressed while Mum was trying to take a shot, I thought I'd have a go at capturing that!

I have other more 'normal for me' photos I'll stick on Flickr, but this is most likely my first and last at a kid so it's the one of the day! :LOL:

365/113 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

The shot of the little boy is really good, as for the occupy man, bless he obviously doesn't have a spell check.

Thanks, Sarah! :)

the PCSO standing nearby pointed the spelling out to him and he started going on about being dyslexic. I don't know whether or not he was, but he was certainly quite amusing!

I like Woolaton Park! Great shot!
The daf is great and the one man demonstrator is a cracking shot and my favourite!

Thanks, Jake! :)

Love the daff and it doesn't look overly dark on my screen so (y)

i think my fav has to be the occupy man.... bless him!:D:D

Love the daff and it doesn't look overly dark on my screen so (y)

i think my fav has to be the occupy man.... bless him!:D:D

Thank you, T! :) I'm sure he would thank you as well - seemed like a bit of a showman!!:LOL:

Who'd have thought my neighbours had such a great balance between flowers and weeds and weeds that have great flowers!

Anyway, went to a local country park to find out I got there 10 minutes before closing (what? It's finally Spring and you close at 6???) so ran round the neighbours' front gardens again!

Bless 'em, they don't worry about it as Home and Away runs into Emmerdale so they can't see me anyway!! :naughty:

365/114 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love the man on the statue :LOL: Bless :D

The blue behind the daffodil really helps show off the colour - I like it :)

It's a good thing they're not curtain twitchers! :LOL: Nicely done :)

I never even see most of them, but I also choose my moments well!! Thanks, Jake! :)

haha - I have plans to do something with guess who at some point to.....

I look forward to seeing that! (y)

Love the man on the statue :LOL: Bless :D

The blue behind the daffodil really helps show off the colour - I like it :)

Yeah, is a bit 'special'! He was quite good natured and funny as well!:D

Thanks, Sarah, pleased you also like the flower! :)

Note: This is not straight. I can't get it straight. It will never been straight. I am posting it so as to avoid a nervous bloody breakdown. The horizontals are kind of OK, the angle I took it from makes it look strange, honest!! :)

A revisit to the Carrilon at Loughborough for this one - the day was lovely and I took a few photos, but they weren't exactly great, so back to old reliable here! Different angle though, so that should count for something! :LOL:

I left the old guy in to give a sense of scale.

365/115 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

ETA - it should be Carillon, not Carrilon..........I've been drinking Sarah's Sherry!

Last edited:
I think I'm going to knock on their door and tell them to tidy that garden up a little, it's annoying my camera! :LOL:

Bit of a half-hearted one, to be fair and I;m not sure what insight to my day it would give Jeff (other than that it was a very lazy one!!)

365/117 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

My photo for yesterday was also the lazy option :D I managed to resist the F word :woot:

Shame that tents there, looks like a nice square/piaza/plaza type place otherwise.

Note: This is not straight. I can't get it straight. It will never been straight. I am posting it so as to avoid a nervous bloody breakdown. The horizontals are kind of OK, the angle I took it from makes it look strange, honest!! :)

..... sam...

.... it doesn't look straight :shrug:

Nice catch up Sam, actually, most of that building is straight, I think the angle makes it look slightly off, but I know from bitter experience that trying to correct all the bits in photoshop makes you want to throw the monitor across the room :)
Looks like you've had good weather for the city centre & the flower shots are good as well, I like the blue ones the most. Nice building detail as well.

..... is this the same sam that confessed about coming back for cookies and my cooking sherry??? :naughty:

Yes, it sure is...but I seem to have gone the :razz: rather than the :p....I can't hold my cooking sherry too well, so will leave that..........and I have no idea what you put in those cookies but will only say I couldn't get a shot in focus til 13:47 this afternoon...............

Nice catch up Sam, actually, most of that building is straight, I think the angle makes it look slightly off, but I know from bitter experience that trying to correct all the bits in photoshop makes you want to throw the monitor across the room :)
Looks like you've had good weather for the city centre & the flower shots are good as well, I like the blue ones the most. Nice building detail as well.

Yeah, I was too close and looking too 'up' to be honest and just couldn't sort it right. Very frustrating, especially when I only had two to work from and the second was even worse! I'm also no real PS expert, so can't even help myself! :LOL:

Weather's not too bad, but it's WINDY which is a nightmare.

I like the red tulip - very nice and cheerful :)

Thank you! :) Was that a tulip? I am clueless!

loving the colours in 117 and 119 ..................great photography young lady

Thank you, Vince! :)

I like 117, nice shot, seeing them everywhere at the minute!

Thanks, Jake - the good thing about a later Spring is that I am appreciating it so much more!

There are a number of sculptures in the park like this - they are to do with the synchronised swimming in 2012, by some students from Loughborough University.

"Entitled ‘Synch or Swim’, the sculptures represent the grace, artistry and athleticism of the Great Britain synchronized swimming team. They are made of Jesmonite, an advanced form of acrylic resin and are finished with masonry paint."

(http://www.lboro.ac.uk/service/publicity/news-releases/2012/111_legs.html)

365/120 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Back