Daily ~Sam~'s 365 - one day at a time

Like that one Sam, I got excited this morning to wake up to sunshine, put the washing out, came back in & the clouds came over :(
Still life again or me today.

Thanks, Sarah! :) It's been a bit like that here today as well BUT no rain and no snow! Yay!

The camera with the bird is awesome! I like the abstract of the floor, well spotted!

Thanks, Jake! :)

I'm loving the transport museum ..great detail and so much of interest for the eye..

Thanks, Kev - must actually visit the place one of these days! :LOL:

Spent part of today at the parents so ran round the garden for inspiration - didn't find any, so took these! :D:D

OK, so today's photo is an old, rusted, abandoned 'thing'!

365/90 - Abandoned by ~sammi~, on Flickr

And I'm sticking another one on today....after seeking signs of Spring everywhere, I only go and find them at Mum & Dad's! :D

OMG, OMG, OMG - SPRING!! by ~sammi~, on Flickr

I like your capture of the Crocus! :) The old roller is strange! Is that in their garden?

Thank you, Jake :)

Yes, the roller is in their garden. Not so strange, though? It's a roller. In a garden. More random would be a duvet cover hung over the tree, perhaps? :LOL:

Big catch time for me Sam....so here goes :D

Day 71 - nice street capture, would love to see that in mono too.

Day 72 - made me chuckle this shot, nice shot and well executed.

Day 73 - again a well executed shot, lighting spot on and works superbly against the background.

Day 74 - great reflection of our crappy weather at the moment :)

Day 75 - nice shot of the small camera, nice bokeh too.

Day 76 - looks lush and very tasty :D

Day 77 - again another great shot reflecting our god awful weather.

Day 78 - cracking shot of the church. Nice colours, nice sharp detail and great blue sky too :eek:

Day 79 - again a good reflection of our weather and how we're all feeling at the moment.

Day 80 - stunning shot hun and the composition is spot on.

Day 81 - nice and sharp considering your frostbitten fingers :D

Day 82 - snow exposed well, and poor dino :LOL:

Day 83 - :LOL: certainly doesn't look in a good mood, nice capture though.

Day 84 - Nice details and colours too.

Day 85 - great abstract of the pavement, great patterns (y)

Day 86 - love the detail in the statue, nice composition too.

Day 87 - great to see some blue sky at last :D

Day 88 - nice detail and the background colour really works well too.

Day 89 - transport museum a nice shot, lovely industrial feel to it.

Day 90 - like both of them, but just preferring the crocus, nice colours too.

Like both of them, but love the splash of colour of the crocus against the dead leaves.

Thanks, Sarah :) - Dad has been most lacking in his leaf cleaning duties recently, so the garden is full of them! :LOL:

Big catch time for me Sam....so here goes :D

Day 71 - nice street capture, would love to see that in mono too.

Day 72 - made me chuckle this shot, nice shot and well executed.

Day 73 - again a well executed shot, lighting spot on and works superbly against the background.

Day 74 - great reflection of our crappy weather at the moment :)

Day 75 - nice shot of the small camera, nice bokeh too.

Day 76 - looks lush and very tasty :D

Day 77 - again another great shot reflecting our god awful weather.

Day 78 - cracking shot of the church. Nice colours, nice sharp detail and great blue sky too :eek:

Day 79 - again a good reflection of our weather and how we're all feeling at the moment.

Day 80 - stunning shot hun and the composition is spot on.

Day 81 - nice and sharp considering your frostbitten fingers :D

Day 82 - snow exposed well, and poor dino

Day 83 - :LOL: certainly doesn't look in a good mood, nice capture though.

Day 84 - Nice details and colours too.

Day 85 - great abstract of the pavement, great patterns (y)

Day 86 - love the detail in the statue, nice composition too.

Day 87 - great to see some blue sky at last

Day 88 - nice detail and the background colour really works well too.

Day 89 - transport museum a nice shot, lovely industrial feel to it.

Day 90 - like both of them, but just preferring the crocus, nice colours too.

Simon, thank you for taking the time to look at and comment on so many photos - really appreciate that :)

Technically not easy to take a photo of a black cat, especially with light coloured surroundings but you pulled it off really well.....

85 gives me a headache lol

Thanks, Jeff :)

Thank you, Jake :)

Yes, the roller is in their garden. Not so strange, though? It's a roller. In a garden. More random would be a duvet cover hung over the tree, perhaps? :LOL:

Shh you, I've never seen one like that before, therefore to a youngster like me, it's quite strange :LOL:

Thats exactly how I feel right now Sam. Batteries are flat!

Terrible, isn't it? I have no reason other than I did too much of nothing....relaxing wears me out! :D

Some lovely classic photography Sam , love the garden shots !!

Thanks, Vince, I'm pleased you liked them! :)

Shh you, I've never seen one like that before, therefore to a youngster like me, it's quite strange :LOL:

Ever heard of a museum? :LOL:

Worked in Nottingham and had a great walk about - noticed loads of good stuff I knew was there but hadn't looked at properly before...lovely spring day (finally) and got a couple of great shots of the Council House, but when I got back, there was something 'not right' in all of them :shake: At least I have a list for next time, and some good ideas!

Anyway...another 2 shots today....because, I doubt I would take either of these again so may as well put them up together

First - a pigeon. We have SO many of these, I consider them a blight rather than something to look at.

365/92A -Just sitting around.... by ~sammi~, on Flickr

He is at least a little plumper than most of the chavvy-pigeons we get here! :D

The second for today is some balloons I saw - it wasn't til I processed that I saw the reflections - I thought they are kind of cool and I wouldn't get back again, so up they go!

365/92B - Reflections Of Nottingham by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Much prefer the balloons to the flying rat Sam.
Great colours and reflections.

Gorgeous shots Sam! Love the lighting on batteries!
Liking both balloons and flying rat as Phil calls it lol

Much prefer the balloons to the flying rat Sam.
Great colours and reflections.

Thanks, Phil - funnily enough, Dad calls squirrels rats with tails!

Gorgeous shots Sam! Love the lighting on batteries!
Liking both balloons and flying rat as Phil calls it lol

Thanks, T! :)

I also prefer the balloons to the pigeon! :)

Thanks, Jake! :)

I like them both for different reasons :) They are both sharp and well taken, so don't think I'll choose, just say I like both :)

Thanks, Sarah! I knew the balloons are more 'friendly' and, as I said in my post, I'm not a fan of pigeons and so don't make a habit of photographing them, so wanted to use it anyway! That one's quite a good specimen - most of the ones in town are horrible scraggly things!

Very much like the existential fence and the reflections in the balloons really works well for me :D

Looks like you've had better weather than me, nice evenings and today wasn't bad. Weds we went uo to London and it was very grey :(

I forgot to reply to my own thread!! :bonk:

Ah, blue skies Sam! Cant beat them.

Been waiting long enough for them as well, Phil! Pleased to see them though!

Can't beat a nice blue sky! Lovely shots Sam!

Thanks, Jake - Seen more than one this week so, maybe....Spring?? :thinking:

Day 94 is lovely Sam !!

Thanks, Vince :) Pleased you like it!

Both gorgeous! Love the title for bunny church

Thanks, T! :) Another Day Another Church??? *** I take so many of 'em! :LOL:

Looks like you've had better weather than me, nice evenings and today wasn't bad. Weds we went uo to London and it was very grey :(

Variable weather is how I would describe it, but thankfully not too wet and not too snowy....VERY windy, though, and it's freezing if you stand in it! Had to warm my fingers for a few minutes when I got into the car after last night's photo!

Hey Sam, another little catch up...

Like the batteries shot, excellent dof and loving the reflection too.

Certainly prefer the balloons to the shot of gods rats :D, and how cool with the reflections on the balloons too (y)

Nice shot of the SUN....yes I actually typed the word SUN....I was beginning to think I wouldn't type that word till at least August this year :).

Nice church shot too with a gorgeous blue sky (y)

Well I've gotta say things look to be going well for you overall, I love that last church it looks amazing (y) and I love the paving maybe due to it almost having a trick of the eye quality, I'm really drawn to the train yard one though that I love I think it's the little boy in me that love it thought :D

Hey Sam, another little catch up...

Like the batteries shot, excellent dof and loving the reflection too.

Certainly prefer the balloons to the shot of gods rats :D, and how cool with the reflections on the balloons too (y)

Nice shot of the SUN....yes I actually typed the word SUN....I was beginning to think I wouldn't type that word till at least August this year :).

Nice church shot too with a gorgeous blue sky (y)

Thanks, Simon! Given last years wet Summer, I wasn't even sure we'd get to August! :D:)

Well I've gotta say things look to be going well for you overall, I love that last church it looks amazing (y) and I love the paving maybe due to it almost having a trick of the eye quality, I'm really drawn to the train yard one though that I love I think it's the little boy in me that love it thought :D

Thanks, Matt! It was drizzling when I took the train yard photo (it's a transport museum), but when we get a dry day I'm going to go back and get some photos at ground level! :)

So, I had to go through the University grounds yesterday and stopped off to take a photo...the perspective's a little strange as the building sits at he top of a short but relatively steep 'hill' unless you get a lot further away which I didn't have time for!

Might re-edit in a while as doesn't seem quite right, but was fairly close in anyway so not too much scope:shake:

365/95 - Nottingham University Trent Building by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Last edited:
Took this on the way home today - the most frustrating road to travel to work on as there is so little room to overtake the tractors, lorries and slow movers! However, on a Saturday afternoon? Nothing!

I'd stopped off to take what I saw in my mind as amazing shots of a field - that didn't pan out so well! :LOL:

365/96 - Homeward Bound by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Last edited:
Rather like the road home, but know the feeling of stopping to take what looks like an amazing view, but when you look through the viewfinder it just doesn't look the same :(
As for the Uni, great building, but if you wanted you could easily correct the vertical lines.

So, I had to go through the University grounds yesterday and stopped off to take a photo...the perspective's a little strange as the building sits at he top of a short but relatively steep 'hill' unless you get a lot further away which I didn't have time for!

Might re-edit in a while as doesn't seem quite right, but was fairly close in anyway so not too much scope:shake:

365/95 - Nottingham University Trent Building by ~sammi~, on Flickr

I think the perspective gives you that feeling of it being a powerful building on top of a hill, I would nt change it....

Rather like the road home, but know the feeling of stopping to take what looks like an amazing view, but when you look through the viewfinder it just doesn't look the same :(
As for the Uni, great building, but if you wanted you could easily correct the vertical lines.

Thanks, Sarah - I got as far as to actually take photos and it was only when I got home I thought, 'well, this is a pile of crap'!! Kind of liked the road though, so the one real P&S was today's photo!

I'll be honest about the building, it was annoying enough trying to get the horizontal right in the first place to bother with anything else! :D

I think the perspective gives you that feeling of it being a powerful building on top of a hill, I would nt change it....

Thanks, Jeff :)

Back