SanDisk 4GB Extreme III Compact Flash Card

For those who have collected from store is it a simple as ... reserve the item....go in store get the cards in hand......and 'THEN' mention the 110% price promise, obviously showing them a print of the Play.com price??

Going to Leeds tomorrow so might reserve and then nip in a pick a couple up??

Totalfusion picked up 30m/s from Leeds store, but it is a bit hit or miss in-store as to speeds available. Take a play print out but they still check the play site. Keep fingers crossed you may get a maths numpty , both the sales girl and her boss managed to knock another £1 each card by doing finger sums(post 9), they couldn't work out % on till.

Last edited:
Had a phone call back from the Leeds PCW store this morning after reserving two of the 4Gb Ext III CF Cards last night :naughty: Appears they can't find the stock in store and that I'd better off not waste a journey going through to pick them up........ :shrug:

Anyway I decided to phone the PCW price match number and go for an 8Gb Extreme III version instead, just finished on the phone and got one delivered for £30.43 :clap:

Totalfusion picked up 30m/s from Leeds store, but it is a bit hit or miss in-store as to speeds available. Take a play print out but they still check the play site. Keep fingers crossed you may get a maths numpty , both the sales girl and her boss managed to knock another £1 each card by doing finger sums(post 9), they couldn't work out % on till.

Correct - sorry been out and about for a bit - click clicking around for a change.

These are the 30m/s ones, but I was not aware it's a faster speed as I bought one back in April and it is the same spec :shrug:

These are great cards though - fast and no problems

Had a phone call back from the Leeds PCW store this morning after reserving two of the 4Gb Ext III CF Cards last night :naughty: Appears they can't find the stock in store and that I'd better off not waste a journey going through to pick them up........ :shrug:

Anyway I decided to phone the PCW price match number and go for an 8Gb Extreme III version instead, just finished on the phone and got one delivered for £30.43 :clap:
(y)Now if you were a regular PCW customer ' thal'll be £109.99 please sir' .:wacky:
Not as cheap as Mymemory own brand but then again if you feel better with a 'known' brand I've yet to find a cheaper why to get legit sandisk cards and especially if you need them same day.

Last edited:
Correct - sorry been out and about for a bit - click clicking around for a change.

These are the 30m/s ones, but I was not aware it's a faster speed as I bought one back in April and it is the same spec :shrug:

These are great cards though - fast and no problems

Welcome back, how'd the wedding go?

It was great. Unfortunately my other half was not feeling too good, so I spent quite a bit of time chasing my 1 year old around the place, so didn't get a huge chance to snap at much - at least it gave the pro-tog some great photo opportunities.

Just to update - my 4GB EXIII arrived from PC World today - it's the new 30MB/s version. And all for £14.29;)

Leeds central are showing stock if you in need them sooner.

Yea they showed stock last week when I reserved two......until some guy phoned me up the day after saying they couldn't find the stock!!!:shrug:

Must have been a right braindead one then, as the till system can work out price promises for you :LOL:

(y)Now if you were a regular PCW customer ' thal'll be £109.99 please sir' .:wacky:

Indeed, but they will sell at a price that people will buy them for :shrug:

Yea they showed stock last week when I reserved two......until some guy phoned me up the day after saying they couldn't find the stock!!!:shrug:

Yep sorry m8 you posted that you ordered an 8gb on the 7th as it not arrived yet?

Gazz_DJ the braindead ones get my vote when the figures work in my favour; and in one of my earlier posts I mentioned PM'ing to an Asian couple looking at the sd cards pity I didn't have a camera to capture the look they gave me.

Oh of course, I was just laughing at the braindead ones tbh ;)

went to PC world this morning with my daughters friend to get her a memory card for her newly aquired DSLR,and she picked up a 4 gig CF ultra2 for £12.50p.i wanted an extreme3 card,which they didn't have in store,so i ordered it over the phone,and got it for £14.90 inc delivery :woot:

i'm well pleased with that ;)

14.90 is a great price... i've just had a look on their website and the 4gig Extreme 3 are listed at £54.99!!!

14.90 is a great price... i've just had a look on their website and the 4gig Extreme 3 are listed at £54.99!!!

yep..that is their normal price,but if you visit their website you'll see their price match plus 10% of the difference there...hence me posting it.also,i'm not the only one,as this was first posted by slipper one earlier on in this thread.you will have to ring the number listed there,and follow the options to get through to the relevant dept,and they do the rest...

quote play.coms price for whatever card you want,as they will not price match a lot of companies for some reason :shrug:

Thanks for the credit Stan. Did you feel guilty depriving them of so much?

Take no notice of their web/in-store prices,they're thieving bar-stewards.
This is a very simple process, see post 6 this thread.
There are several threads re. cheapest memory cards, this is the only way I've found to get the cheapest genuine Sandisk cards.

Ta, PCW's are 30's over phone but may not be in-store. Happen to be near one of their stores tomorrow.

Are there different speeds of Extreme IIIs then?

Yes, the earlier 20 mb/s cards are labelled '4.0GB' on card and pack while the new 30's have '30MB/s & 4GB' on them.With the 'Ducati' coming at 45mb/s.

Last edited:
Thanks for the credit Stan. Did you feel guilty depriving them of so much?

hey,credit where credit is due mate...

it was quite funny really...when i went to the store with my daughters friend to get her CF card for her new camera...the checkout guy was quite upset that she'd had so much discount..to the point of letting head office know(as if they didn't)how much they were letting them go for...i asked him if the difference was coming out of his wage packet...:LOL:

snotty yoof...

I'm probably not the first to bring this up but it's my duty to champion stuffing pcw, now if I could get currys to pm pcw after pcw pm play just need 2 on the same site with cards in stock. Dream on.

I think it affects their stats but the odd card here and there should have little effect on overall figures, suspect he may have been covering his @rse.:rules:

Surprised my locals not banned me , on a £179.96 transaction- 3 cards and a printer- got them to knock £105.50 off. Plus the one over the phone for good measure.:D

As so many people ask about 'where to buy the best/cheapest card from' and don't appear to read/search thread maybe there ought to be a sticky on pcw price matching???

Russ.

Last edited:
Back