Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mmcp42

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
from the Afghanistan thread started by Arkady...

Xmas...somebody mooted a group-buy for a suitable Xmas present - not that I deserve such kindness, or largesse but if there was anything afoot on this subject then something along these lines would be very much appreciated:

LINKY

and...

LINKY

I almost wee'd myself when I saw how much these damn things cost...
I've already had to perform three sensor cleans with fluid and swabs since I got here - the previous owner didn't - he just performed a dust-off reference once a week...so they wuz feeelthy...and they're still spotty...

Since I never take the lenses off in the field, I normally don't have to go to such extremes, but my predecessor had no such qualms - this Tour will need a bit more kit than I usually carry...

ok chap(esse)s!
what say we have a whip round for our mucky friend out there on the beach?

I'm happy to organise it

MODS - sticky? what you think?

PayPal - I have set up a PayPal account
mmcp42 at yahoo dot com

oh and please make it a Gift otherwise the b**** (sorry PayPal) snaffle 54p on the way past
don't ask how I know this :bang:

No amount too small - all contributions welcomed

Target is
£122.49 for the "Visible Dust Arctic Butterfly Brite Vue Travel Kit (SL724) for 1.0x sensors"
and
£34.99 for the "Visible Dust HDF Sensor Brush"
so total
£157.48 (if my sums is rite!)

well we've hit and passed the target
there's a poll to decide what to do with the excess

but the piggy bank is still open......

Last edited:
I'll put £10 in the pot to get it started

I suggest everyone notes here what they're donating so it's all above board.

What do people think?

PM me if you want bank details.

good on you both
I'll see how the paypal gift thingy works
be back shortly!

PayPal account created - see 1st thread :rules:

may have to wait for a while pay pal doing system maintance and email apparantly doesnt work but dont worry it will this happend last time whne they did this give me a a few hours and i will keep trying

good man
I can't pay into yet either - until my bank details have been verified
don't you just love technology!:bonk::bang:

ok count me in. Tenner by paypal gift just made.
But we expect NO dust bunnies on the pics!

cheers

ok count me in. Tenner by paypal gift just made.
But we expect NO dust bunnies on the pics!

cheers

aha that would explain that one - cheers Bill - received (y)

good man
I can't pay into yet either - until my bank details have been verified
don't you just love technology!:bonk::bang:

i have a way around it send yourself from the new account 1p once done it registers the pennie from the new account then send your payment from the old adress to the new one it should be fine then refund your penny if it works let me know you might have to do it for me

i have a way around it send yourself from the new account 1p once done it registers the pennie from the new account then send your payment from the old adress to the new one it should be fine then refund your penny if it works let me know you might have to do it for me

aha
I sent myself an email (two email acoounts!!!) with an invoice
which I then paid
talk about convoluted :bonk:

anyway seems to be working now (y)

might be a idea to put in the 1st post what we need to reach money wise and how far we are away from this

also something like any donation accepted might be good people may think it is a tenner a go and never give where they might pop a couple of quid down

payment now sent

def no dust bunnies now or we will send the mob round

might be a idea to put in the 1st post what we need to reach money wise and how far we are away from this

also something like any donation accepted might be good people may think it is a tenner a go and never give where they might pop a couple of quid down

thanks for the payment

I'll update post 1 as suggested!

Sorry guys, I am going to be brave enough and speak up here, there are far more worthy causes to donate £10 to if you have that amount spare.

I am of a charitable nature and give that amount every month via DD to a worthier cause in my opinion and that is my local hospice.

This thread should be here where there are a couple of better uses for a tenner rather than a collection for an Arctic Butterfly or whatever.

But what you give and who you give it to is your prerogative, the OP asked "what do you think" and these are my thoughts.

Sorry guys, I am going to be brave enough and speak up here, there are far more worthy causes to donate £10 to if you have that amount spare.

I am of a charitable nature and give that amount every month via DD to a worthier cause in my opinion and that is my local hospice.

This thread should be here where there are a couple of better uses for a tenner rather than a collection for an Arctic Butterfly or whatever.

But what you give and who you give it to is your prerogative, the OP asked "what do you think" and these are my thoughts.

Thanks for your thoughts Mal
I wasn't aware of the thread you linked to
I hope the MODS will tell me how to sort this thread if that's what's needed
Hope no offence taken - certainly none meant

Thanks for your thoughts Mal
I wasn't aware of the thread you linked to
I hope the MODS will tell me how to sort this thread if that's what's needed
Hope no offence taken - certainly none meant

I'm not offended Mike, and do not wish to offend anyone with my post, just giving my thoughts as asked for:)

im in agreement with you here galaxy66

i belive though by helping one person out in the middle of the desert in the poor living conditions they have by just giving one small present to make some one smile it has been worth the little time spent to do this

i wil be contributing to help the hero's aswell shortly

I'm not offended Mike, and do not wish to offend anyone with my post, just giving my thoughts as asked for:)

No probs!

Just to be on the safe side I have "reported" my first post so the MODS can take a gander

there have been quite a few very generous contributions into the pot
since they've not mentioned it here I won't name names, but to you all

a big thank you! (y)

you know who you are

I'll post a total at the end of the day

I give to a number of worthy causes (including TP (y)) and I have no qualms in sending a gift to one of our brave lads.
Rob is the only only soldier that I know from these forums who is presently serving in Afghanistan, I did know my bosses nephew was there but sadly he was buried a few weeks ago, blown up by a bomb. :(
Thanks from me mmcp42 for doing this, donation sent.

I give to a number of worthy causes (including TP (y)) and I have no qualms in sending a gift to one of our brave lads.
Rob is the only only soldier that I know from these forums who is presently serving in Afghanistan, I did know my bosses nephew was there but sadly he was buried a few weeks ago, blown up by a bomb. :(
Thanks from me mmcp42 for doing this, donation sent.

many thanks Susane - ££ arrived safely in PP account (y)

just done the final check of the pot for today
£80 already :rules:
one more day like this and we'll be sorted

many thanks to all the contributors :clap:
especially the anonymous ones
you know who you are!

(y)

Another sorry from me too! But are you all serious? .... Arkady (if I understand correctly) is a fully paid up tog who should have his equipment provided FOC and if not then he should be buying his own kit ... :shake: Someone is taking the **** I think! and many others are being drawn in.... :shrug:

Another sorry from me too! But are you all serious? .... Arkady (if I understand correctly) is a fully paid up tog who should have his equipment provided FOC and if not then he should be buying his own kit ... :shake: Someone is taking the **** I think! and many others are being drawn in.... :shrug:

that is one way of looking at it
but since I asked what he wanted, rather than him suggesting...
I prefer to view it as a group of togs helping out a colleague in need
a colleague who happens to be (literally) in the firing line

oh and it is all voluntary

he may be paid but there obvioulsy not been given equipment required even the essentials

seem like this is happening in the force overe there alot

that is why i have contributed im helping a fellow tog and and fellow member out in time of need

that is one way of looking at it
but since I asked what he wanted, rather than him suggesting...
I prefer to view it as a group of togs helping out a colleague in need
a colleague who happens to be (literally) in the firing line

oh and it is all voluntary

My post is not aimed at you! But please all wake up!!! The guy can afford his own gear, but he doesn't need to! he's a pro and being provided with gear through his job and imho taking the **** ... and he knows it.... :shake:

I think it was Voltaire that said...
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"

But it's Rob and his mates that are doing the defending in this instance...

The cost of a bit of cleaning kit is sod all in comparison!

he may be paid but there obvioulsy not been given equipment required even the essentials

seem like this is happening in the force overe there alot

that is why i have contributed im helping a fellow tog and and fellow member out in time of need

Sorry, but he's a pro tog! employed by the military to take photos ... hardly in need :thinking:

I think this thread is in some danger of descending into something rather unpleasant. Already we have accusations (veiled ones, but accusations none the less) flying around.

Those of us who know Rob know he's a genuine chap - I'd hate to see him end up feeling embarassed by this. Not sure if the mods have taken a view yet, but until they do, can we all bear in mind that as the OP states this IS voluntary - give, or not give, as the feeling takes you, do what feels right to you and not because "everyone else is" or because you feel that you'd be somehow out of step or frowned upon if you didn't. Above all though - if you're concerned by anything here the report button is there for use, and better to use it than turn a genuinely well meant thread into something altogether different.

I think it was Voltaire that said...
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"

But it's Rob and his mates that are doing the defending in this instance...

The cost of a bit of cleaning kit is sod all in comparison!

Jeez, were talking about camera stuff, not helicopters ... The guy is pimping his position for some nice freebies.. OK I know that is harsh, but I also feel it to be true....

-removed for reasons of tact.....

It is harsh Splog, you're right. You're accusing someone who has been a regular contributing member on here for many years of basically being a con artist, and that doesn't sit right with me for something that should be said in open forum.

I've reported this thread again as I am really concerned with the way things are turning - I can see this turning into an outright flame-session very soon, and I'm sure whatever our views nobody can see any benefit in that? Maybe time to cool it until the mods have a chance to take a look?

I think this thread is in some danger of descending into something rather unpleasant. Already we have accusations (veiled ones, but accusations none the less) flying around.

Those of us who know Rob know he's a genuine chap - I'd hate to see him end up feeling embarassed by this. Not sure if the mods have taken a view yet, but until they do, can we all bear in mind that as the OP states this IS voluntary - give, or not give, as the feeling takes you, do what feels right to you and not because "everyone else is" or because you feel that you'd be somehow out of step or frowned upon if you didn't. Above all though - if you're concerned by anything here the report button is there for use, and better to use it than turn a genuinely well meant thread into something altogether different.

It may be well meant, but the fact remains that there are two threads going asking for freebies :thinking:

It is harsh Splog, you're right. You're accusing someone who has been a regular contributing member on here for many years of basically being a con artist, and that doesn't sit right with me for something that should be said in open forum.

I've reported this thread again as I am really concerned with the way things are turning - I can see this turning into an outright flame-session very soon, and I'm sure whatever our views nobody can see any benefit in that? Maybe time to cool it until the mods have a chance to take a look?

Oh Please! ... If you are to quote me then do so properly, I have made no accusations and I haven't said any such things as you are implying! ... You can have your opinions the same as we all can, but if you don't agree then at least explain why?

Back