Sat Nav Advice....

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
Im looking at getting a sat nav....yes I am spending some more money....
So far this month, I have bought my new camera, graphics tablet...and now something else! :LOL:

Anyway....
How many has tomtom's? Garmin's? Etc....
What features can you not live without on your sat nav? [other than the obvious please guys] and I'm not wanting to spend more than £200....thats my limit!

none that you're suggesting :p I'll make sure i'm there :D :LOL:

Seriously, I'd definately have a look at a Tomtom, I've been told they're fairly easy to use and I think they now update the roads everytime you connect them via your computer. So you don't end up in the middle of a field, like you with my sat nav, as it doesn't know that the new A1's been built!

tomtom for me, What I can't live without: speed camera warnings, ability to use as hands free with mobile phone, not getting lost :)

I had a look round, and opted for TomTom - seems the best supported and seems to get me to where I'm going. Also easy to load Points Of Intrest, and map updates, plus has speed cameras and stuff.

I opted for the TomTom One XL UK maps from Amazon for £159. If you want more/different maps in future they can be purchased and loaded on.

The TOMTOM for me too, mainly the volume of the distractions is better than some of the others (otherwise you cant hear where they are telling you to go ;)) have heard a couple of the Garmin units are very good too !

tomtom for me, What I can't live without: speed camera warnings, ability to use as hands free with mobile phone, not getting lost :)

Not getting lost is a really important thing I think :thinking:

The TOMTOM for me too, mainly the volume of the distractions is better than some of the others (otherwise you cant hear where they are telling you to go ;)) have heard a couple of the Garmin units are very good too !

hahaha so....tomtom or garmin! :D hehehe Ive been lookin at the TomTom V3

Are you wanting one so that you can get to the Sheffield meet :p

Avoid the latest Tom Tom One (3rd Edition) as it still contains a lot of bugs! I haven't use the XL edition so won't comment.

The earlier TT1 is excellent. The current GO editions are also excellent. If you want all the extra features then that's the one to GO for (no pun intended lol.)

I get my speed camera updates from www.pocketgpsworld.com but there is a subscription... ;)

The MAIN differences between the 510, 710, and the 910 are the maps. All them have detailed UK maps. The 710 has fully detailed EU maps that I use as I drive to Germany quite often (although the last few times I seem to know my way like I would to get to the local Tesco lol.) The 910 has USA and Aus maps (I think) and the only other noticeable addition is a remote control. The Bluetooth function is good for phone use but I'd rather use my headset. You can use text and store your phone book. Just avoid using the remote for texting and driving... :nono:

Ive got directions.ltd Actis 3, and PC navigator 7 laptop packages.. I personnaly find it much better than the Tom Tom software.

Camera warnings, multiply waypoint optimization and 200k UK POIs are some of the nice features.

A darkblue bmw

Knew I recognised you from somewhere:

793px-BMW_-_Write-off_-_20-10-2006.JPG

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::wave:

Hi babe

I have a Tom Tom One - I don't use any feature other than the voice/mapping which is ace, and I have it on night view mostly so it's easy to see but not distracting; the other stuff isn't really needed, and the speed camera stuff is for cheats!

If you do get one, make sure you have a needle or pin in the car - you'll need it!

DD

Nothing wrong with most of us BMW drivers! (y)

This is how I drove my BMW, until I sold it last week: (a fully fledged M3 track car on way, perhaps!)

plate1.jpg
plate2.jpg

Hi babe

I have a Tom Tom One - I don't use any feature other than the voice/mapping which is ace, and I have it on night view mostly so it's easy to see but not distracting; the other stuff isn't really needed, and the speed camera stuff is for cheats!

If you do get one, make sure you have a needle or pin in the car - you'll need it!

DD

Oo Dave I've seen yours and I like it...:LOL: Why a needle or a pin?

Cars should always be driven like they're stolen :LOL: (obviously within the legal laws ;))

I meant by hammering the engine etc :LOL:

Yes sure you did...hehehe :D

If no-one else tells you beforehand, ask me Thursday about the pin

Or buy the Tom Tom (and a pin) then I'll just wait for the inevitable phone call!

But I'll be buying it on thursday...dont leave me hanging in suspense....geez!
Or else rather than scoring pics on Thurs I'll be nagging DAVE Why dint you mention what the pin was FOR? :LOL:

Cars should always be driven like they're stolen :LOL: (obviously within the legal laws ;))

I meant by hammering the engine etc :LOL:

Everytime I drive a car with a Sequencial box; bejesus! I turn into a hooligan! Shift the settings up into S5 off I go! :D:D I'm not turning off DSC for S6, though! That's the death button! :bonk: Though the S6 80 mili-second gear change that BMW claim would be nice!

Back