Sawman's 52 Quality

Thanks again folks.Keping up with all of your 52s is no easy task either!

That is oh so very cute and fitting Charlie and nicely photographed too (y)

Thank you. If it had not been for this challenge, wee moosie would still be a piece of firewood!:LOL:

Great picture, handy with a camera & handy in the workshop.

Well done.

Brilliant lighting and interesting subject. Well done

Great shot and an original take on the theme.

Thanks again folks. Kinda surprised my self with this one!:D

I had to read the poem 3 times to fully understand it

I can't make head nor tail of the poem... combination of font and the foreign language it's written in. :shrug:

Nice bit of dead tree though. :D Did you make it, I'm sure I saw some fretwork you posted recently?

I can't make head nor tail of the poem... combination of font and the foreign language it's written in. :shrug:

Nice bit of dead tree though. :D Did you make it, I'm sure I saw some fretwork you posted recently?

Well people all over the world understand Rabbie Burns & as far as I am concerned it is not a foreign language.:p:D

As tae the wee moosie, yes I made it to go with the poem.(y)

nice one, Charlie
especially as you made the mouse/cheese yourself
and spot on choice for a poem (although isn't Burn's night later in the month!)

Curved - I love this scene. plenty of curves to fit the theme. And white snow! Mine always seems to have a blueish tint to it. The trees make a fantastic focal point.

Poetry - Not very well up on me lighting but this looks blimmin good to me. Nice match with the poem and I like the composition.

Loved week one, definitely not Norfolk, lovely rolling image. Week two, Burns I never got a hold of, sorry, liking the mouse though, nice shot and very well taken.

Arthur

Poem, very good, lovely carving, well made :)... and it fits the poem nicely. The colour/lighting works well.

Loved week one, definitely not Norfolk, lovely rolling image. Week two, Burns I never got a hold of, sorry, liking the mouse though, nice shot and very well taken.

Arthur

Thank you. Funnily enough Norfolk is a place on my 'must visit' list.:)
Burns is not to everybodies taste.;) Glad you liked the wee moosie though.

Arthur

Week 1 - Looks a nice place

Week 2 - Too much blank space at the top ? The picture bar that looks spot on... I like the colour to it.

Terran

I did wonder about the blank space too.(y)

Poem, very good, lovely carving, well made :)... and it fits the poem nicely. The colour/lighting works well.

Cheers(y)
If you check the exif you will see it was a long exposure taken in low light.
The WB was set to auto as I knew it would turn out like that. Strip light in another room shining through a white curtain was the only light.

As tae the wee moosie, yes I made it to go with the poem.(y)

:notworthy: I'm just astounded by this . . .

- The amount of effort that you put into actually making the prop to go with the poem.
- The quality of your woodworking (once again!)
- The way that you've managed to capture it as an image.

It works brilliantly.
The texture of the carved wood comes through perfectly, lovely lighting and the background colours really complement it.

I don't actually think that there's too much space at the top (if you cropped it the mouse would look too central IMO) but I would like to see the text moved a bit higher up in the frame to balance it out more.

:notworthy: I'm just astounded by this . . .

- The amount of effort that you put into actually making the prop to go with the poem.
- The quality of your woodworking (once again!)
- The way that you've managed to capture it as an image.

It works brilliantly.
The texture of the carved wood comes through perfectly, lovely lighting and the background colours really complement it.

I don't actually think that there's too much space at the top (if you cropped it the mouse would look too central IMO) but I would like to see the text moved a bit higher up in the frame to balance it out more.

Yir makin me blush lassie!:LOL:
I see what you are meaning about moving the text a wee bit higher though.

Great poem, great image, great handiwork - Charlie you are one talented fellow :)!

The lighting is just right! A pleasure to view this one :D!

Great poem, great image, great handiwork - Charlie you are one talented fellow :)!

The lighting is just right! A pleasure to view this one :D!

Thank you kind sir. You canna go far wrong with Rabbie Burns.:)

Struggling a bit with 'chopped' though. Be along on Saturday I think.:thinking:

I struggled with this one as I did not want to have a chopped wood theme.
This is a chopped red onion!
Onion_007.jpg

Fooled me. I was sure you would have a chopped wood picture. The onion looks a bit like a sawn log though with all those rings and I can definitely see a face in there.. I like it.(y)

There have been a few chopped wood shots & I thought it would be a bit predictable for me.
I even went to the shop & bought the onion! Organic onion too.:)
Could have done with a bit more DOF & I am not sure about the bit in the foreground.
Glad you liked it though(y)

Hello - first time visiting your thread :)

Have to say, week 3 doesn't really do it for me I'm afraid... I'm just not an onion person!
However, I love your week 1 landscape, and the woodwork on week 2 is stunning - you're obviously extremely talented :clap:
Looking forward to seeing week 4 :)

Wonder if you count the onion rings to work out the age of the onion! Not my favourite of your pictures but then I just loved the wood carvings especially the wee moosie.

nice one again

not sure but the bottom bit of onion almost looks like it was added afterwards
the top bit is spot on though

good subject choice too!

Thanks for the comments on 'chopped'. As you can tell from the shot, I was struggling. I had wanted to do a shot of a karate expert chopping a piece of wood but he hurt his hand.:D
Next weeks theme is not much better for me but then again this is why I joined the 52 to stretch myself a bit.:)

Back